Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau vrs dark eldar
Closed Thread
Old 24 Feb 2005, 17:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Tau vrs dark eldar

Just wondering on what some strategies are for tau vrs a dark eldar portal army.
Old 24 Feb 2005, 17:51   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Tommyboy
Default Re: Tau vs dark eldar

First destroy any/all raiders and ravagers this will both slow down the advance and will kill many infantry due to low armor saves. Depending on how big a risk taker you are, you could target multiple close packed raiders with a single submunitions template and try to take out 2-3 at a time. Then hit any Hellions, Warp Beasts, and Scourges after those are down every thing else should be on foot and dispatched at leasure. One last note because of Fleet FoF may not work quite so well as any survivors could just run around the fish.
Old 24 Feb 2005, 23:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Tau vrs dark eldar

sit your booty down and wait for him to join you as your firepower outranges his! Use jumpers (lots of drones) to harass his flanks!

The list would consist of the following at 1700pts:

1 Shas'el fireknife - use him to harass either of his flank, supposely the stronger one as his better Bs will asure more hits and remove any transports!!

2 XV8 fireknife - let those go at the other flank and do the same things as the commander!
1 XV8 fireknife - send him along with the commander!
6 Xv15 stealths - send in along with the 2 XV8, to pick off any remains that falls of the transports

12 FW - forms an firebase which he is most likely to ttack!
12 FW - see above
12 FW - see above
12 FW - see above

8 drones - Send along with the commander, and let them pick off any remains that leaves the transports. Always keep them between the XV8:s and the DE
8 drones - As above. But send along the other flank!

1 HH railgun - Pick off any Talos he might bring along, then fire Submunitions all the time!
1 HH Ion cannon - pick whatever target valiable, but preferably ravagers as the 3 shots will almost give you an penetrating hit!
Old 25 Feb 2005, 00:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411

When I face Dark eldar, I basically kill the skimmers first with any weopan, cause the armor is 10 on all sides. If they'er are any warriors hanging out in the open blast them to pieces with the sub amunition rail gun. Kill the talos if there is one. Usually I don't even have to think when I fight dark eldar cause they are so incredibly weak. They are the weakest army in wh40k in my view. In one 1500pt game all I lost was 13 Fws, two gun drones and I think it was only one CS suit. Only failed one morale check and imediatly regrouped the next turn. ^-^
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 25 Feb 2005, 01:14   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Spock411
Usually I don't even have to think when I fight dark eldar cause they are so incredibly weak. They are the weakest army in wh40k in my view.
I haven't played DE yet, but IMHO, they are only potentially good against Tau (or other REALLY shooty armies). Thier main (only) strength is their speed, so if used well, they could pose a threat to a static Tau player. Against assault-based armies like 'nids or Orks, however, their speed doesn't help them much since the other army is trying to close in with them anyway. I think if GW really wants to bring out the potential in these guys, they should add a hit-and-run special rule (kinda like lictors have) so that they can use their high I to run in and kill stuff and then jump out again before the other army takes advantage of their fragility.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 01:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411

I haven't played DE
Trust me, they are so easy to beat you won't even have to think. They are like fighting orcs, only faster.
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 25 Feb 2005, 02:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Hit anything quick or extremely dangerous first. If you're mobile and you can eliminate his mobility, you win. Think jetpacks/skimmers.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 07:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Spock411
When I face Dark eldar, I basically kill the skimmers first with any weopan, cause the armor is 10 on all sides. If they'er are any warriors hanging out in the open blast them to pieces with the sub amunition rail gun. Kill the talos if there is one. Usually I don't even have to think when I fight dark eldar cause they are so incredibly weak. They are the weakest army in wh40k in my view. In one 1500pt game all I lost was 13 Fws, two gun drones and I think it was only one CS suit. Only failed one morale check and imediatly regrouped the next turn. ^-^
don't underestimate them if used properly (AKA by a pro) they r very deadly but if ur opponant makes one tiny mistake they r doomed. essentially they rest on a knife's edge one slip and ur dead. ;D
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 25 Feb 2005, 08:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion

Heh i've been a DE player for about 4 years and i've only lost to tau one out of all the tournaments i've been in.

The thing is i throw about 5 raiders at you with nothing in the literally empty transports. 1 usually has something very fun in it.

But ok lets see a lord ona jetbikes has a 2+ invulnerable save. and can move 24'' a turn and hide in cover.

The 1 problem with tau is yes its a pain to get in range b4 getting shot down but tau have a limited number of shots per turn and i've never seen anyone field over 2 hammerheads or 6 suites. Its like an unwritten rule with tau.

So from those suites i can expect 12 auto cannon shots divided between 6 targets pretty deadly for my raiders. but hey you need to be within 30'' for that to happen and after that you can only glance and my vehicle will definatly become useless 50% of the time.

Firewarriors cant even hurt grotesks nice bonus there would make sence to keep a pack of these guys heading right for the FW at all times perferably on foot.

This will deflect some enemy firepower away from my raiders but a railgun submission could serriosly hurt this squad.

As for range i need to get a raider with my lord within 27''- 32'' and i've got you automatic combat.

Ok talos hm not much hurts these guys serriously a railgun ok 1 wound if you get within 24'' of 1 i'll send a hq to take down your guy. this counters alot of the plasma tatic's

So really i like tau vs de battles they are a challenge and its fun to come out on top with de.

i'ed say the odds of the battle are about 66/33 in favor of the tau, atleast for an average de player.

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 25 Feb 2005, 14:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Why are your opponents firing at empty raiders though? You're not allowed to "hide" the contents of transports so I'm baffled as to why they'd waste the shots.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Closed Thread