Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Twin linked weapons?
Old 06 Jun 2007, 00:45   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Twin linked weapons?

I have a Crisis Battlesuit that i would like to have twin linked fusion blasters on. My questions are:

1. With twin linked weapons, do i have to have a multi tracker fitted in order for them to fire in the same turn?

2. If so, how does this affect the weapons potential fire power etc?

And unrelated:

Forgeworld items? Can they be used in standard games?

Thankyou.
As you may have realised, i do not own a copy of the rules (yet). However..i do own the codex. But this did not help me.
Old 06 Jun 2007, 00:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti
Default Re: Twin linked weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luseferous
I have a Crisis Battlesuit that i would like to have twin linked fusion blasters on. My questions are:

1. With twin linked weapons, do i have to have a multi tracker fitted in order for them to fire in the same turn?

2. If so, how does this affect the weapons potential fire power etc?
1. No
2. Twinlinked weapons count as a single gun that you can re-roll missed shots with. This means with TL Fusion blasters you will only get one shot, but if you miss you have another chance to hit. It's not two guns, rather a single weapon, although it does take up 2 hardpoints on a suit.

Quote:
Forgeworld items? Can they be used in standard games?
Depends. In casual games it's best to get your opponents consent before using them (A.K.A. ask nicely ;D). In tournaments it varies- usually they will inform you before hand what is and what is not allowed.

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Kiznti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 00:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

1) Multi-Tackers allow you to fire two different weapons at the same time instead of one. Twinlinked weapons fire the normal amount of shots allowed by the weapon so a burst cannon will fire three shots, missile pods two, etc. the advantage is that you get to reroll the missed shots.

2)No

They can be used in friendly games with permission from the opponent or as stand-ins and proxies for different units.

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 00:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO Venom

Ok a twin linked weaopon takes up 2 out of three hard points on your suite. if a weapon is twinlinked it means you fire on shot of that weapon this case a fusion blaster. if you 'miss' you may re-role the miss. this is what twin linking does.

You do not need a multi traker to fire this weapon as it is counted as 1 weapon with a re-roll.

the only effect it has is that you get to re-roll a miss.

and FW items can be used if your opponent agrees. (well that is what I do in my games)

if you need any more help post and i will be glad to help!
Welcome to Tauonline all so ;D

Venom!!

(¸.• (¸.•
ShasO Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 01:02   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Im planing a 'tank buster' squad of Crisis Battlesuits. Do you think it is a waste of time (and space) having TL fusion Blasters?
Thanks for the above advice by the way.

And for the welcome.

Old 06 Jun 2007, 03:13   #6 (permalink)
lonely tau

Twin Linked Fusion blasters would be a great weapon on a tank buster suit, in my opinion. The next good thing to do, which is occasionally rendered as a bad thing, is to deep strike them.

by the way, Lusefereous, we have a Modify button on our posts in case you have something to add or fix in your post but is not worth making another post for. Please use these instead of double posting.
Old 06 Jun 2007, 03:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

It all depends on the tanks you're expecting. If you expect a lot of heavy tanks a Monat(one suit team) is fairly good. I've noticed that a 3 or 4 man squad of stealth suits with a fusion blaster upgrade works just as well, plus has more options when it comes to tank hunting. That's just my opinion.
Old 06 Jun 2007, 04:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

TL fusion deep striking behind enemy lines and taking out tanks is fun. Throw on a sheild gen. to give him some extra survivability

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 06:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mitch: the noob

i really find the twin-linked fusion suit isnt the best tank hunting suit for me...
but i run a diferent kind of suit than more, because i enjoy having BS4 across the board for my elites...

a shas'el with team leader upgrade, fusion blaster, missle pod, targetting array, and hard-wired multi-tracker... then deep striked behind tanks is ABSOLUTELY deadly...
the fusion at BS4 is likely to hit and insta rape whatever tank you're aiming at... and if that misses... you're 2 BS4 Str 7 rockets are going to be knocking on is armour 10 back door... likely to penetrate... at worst glance...

while a little more expensive than you're average suicide suit... its garantees a job well done... unless you roll like some of my friends... then no amount of pre planning will save you
:-D
Old 06 Jun 2007, 15:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch: the noob
... unless you roll like some of my friends... then no amount of preplanning will save you...
That, sir, is also how I roll.

If in the next Tau Empire codex update they made a device which, should a natural 1 be rolled. a pulse rifle would be considered AP3, I would take down at least 4 marines per 10 man Fire Warrior team.

krupintupple is offline   Reply With Quote