Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Twin linked weapons?
Old 06 Jun 2007, 16:10   #11 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Twin linked weapons?

I agree with Mitch. 3 shots is better than 1 TL shot (even if it's stronger).

Also, FW units (expecially tau) can easily be used to represent other units (ex. Battlesuits).
Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 16:21   #12 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I agree with Mitch, the 3shots with a +1BS is absolutely deadly. I'd go for that setup.

On a sidenote when talking about twin-linked weapons, how does the twin-linked flamer work ? I've tried the search enginee without any success.

Oh and btw, Hai, im the new noob on the block
Frances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 18:41   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances
I agree with Mitch, the 3shots with a +1BS is absolutely deadly. I'd go for that setup.

On a sidenote when talking about twin-linked weapons, how does the twin-linked flamer work ? I've tried the search enginee without any success.

Oh and btw, Hai, im the new noob on the block
I had the same question the other day, cuz i dont use flamers
TL flamers reroll to wound.
BurntEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 21:35   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

TL flamers make me want to go to sleep! No offence but... zzz only good when fighting orks...yawn. TL fusion on the other hand though!!! Real fire power...surely. I want to field a strong intimidating force of Tau. As i think it is the only way toactually strike some fear into the hearts of the imperial tos*pots that are the space marines!
correct me if i am wrong...please bear in mind that i have also been drinking. Perhaps i am a bit agro!!??
Tl fusion is in your face as close combat as a Tau can actually get! the way forward to the greater good...Defo.
Old 06 Jun 2007, 22:05   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luseferous
TL flamers make me want to go to sleep! No offence but... zzz only good when fighting orks...yawn. TL fusion on the other hand though!!! Real fire power...surely. I want to field a strong intimidating force of Tau. As i think it is the only way toactually strike some fear into the hearts of the imperial tos*pots that are the space marines!
correct me if i am wrong...please bear in mind that i have also been drinking. Perhaps i am a bit agro!!??
Tl fusion is in your face as close combat as a Tau can actually get! the way forward to the greater good...Defo.
Actually, the best space marine killer suit configuration (in my opinion) is the Helios config: FB, PR, HW MT, TA. when you get in range you can get off three shots, all of which deny armor saves, and they should all have a fairly good chance of hitting, thanks to the Targeting array. I use this configuration on all of my crisis suits.

The downside is that this is slightly more expensive than just TL fusion blasters, and it's not as effective against tanks and such.

The upside is that it is taht people with terminators hate it!

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Kiznti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2007, 03:35   #16 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mitch: the noob

i wouldnt say that its less effective against tanks... its all about where you're attacking from
from the rear, atleast in my experiences, twinlinked fusion isnt quite as good as helios with targetting array...
we all know that even str 5 weapons can cause havoc on armor 10 (ever have a fireline of warriors gun down some ork buggies? )
so since you have to be within 12" to use the melta anyway... you're gonna be rapid firing your plasma into his ass too...
so again, its like the missle pod, adding a volume of medium/high Str shots into armor 10 instead of completely relying on one to do the trick...
i like helios on my suits if their deep striking as a squad (i rarely do this and only in groups of 2 suits...), because after they OWN whatever tank they deepstrike behind, they can cause all kinds of trouble on Meq's, usually earning their points back within a turn, or two if it was a cheapo tank...

also on the topic of twin linked flamers...
a monat (single) suicide (its all for the greater good mind you :-P) twinlinked flamer and BS filter suit, is INCREDIBLY cheap... and usually able to earn its points back, if not more on the first drop... especially with a pathfinder devilfish in sight... drop down on those orks, gaurdsmen, firewarriors, gaunts... anything
and let the bonfire begin!!!

its always a suprise, and tacticly screws up my opponents regularly....