Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Skimmers rule?
Old 28 May 2007, 22:17   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default New Skimmers rule?

Today I was playing a 750 point game against the Eldar (Batrep to come in my next post) and one of the people watching mentioned something about a new rule he'd been told of. He didn't want us to use it, because he hadn't seen it in print anywhere and we hadn't even heard of it. The mention was sort of an "Oh, you should probably be aware of..." type thing. With that said, I'm asking for confirmation from anyone here. Supposedly there's a new rule out, printed in a White Dwarf, where it states something to the effect of models now being able to charge under a skimmer.

If anyone has seen this, please let me know where. I'd very much like to get my hands on the printed rule so that I can figure out how to deal. If this is true, it's going to require me to get ... inventive. Once I get done with my ranting, that is.

Thanks in advance.

-Sightline
Murphy's Laws of Combat Operations: The seriousness of any wound is inversely proportional to the distance to any form of cover.
Sightline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 22:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: New Skimmers rule?

If that is ture:

A. Totally scraps FOF and all variations
B. Is rather unfair because only Tau and Eldar have skimmers (In large numbers at least)
C. Makes no sense to be able to charge under an unfriendly skimmer as it would just lower itself to the ground squishing you
Old 28 May 2007, 22:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO Venom

all of the above

and any one inside could just flush the chain :!
but seriously i havent heard of anything!
Venom!!
(¸.• (¸.•
ShasO Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 23:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

wow. Im really hoping the person who told you this is an unreliable source. otherwise Tau are going to be in quite a jam. Due to FoF being the best way to use firewarriors IMO.
BurntEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 23:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

I've never heard of this before, and would regard it as complete crap, until proof was forthcoming.
It may also only be friendly models that are allowed to charge under skimmers. (just a random thought)

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 23:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager Zero
I've never heard of this before, and would regard it as complete Klkn, until proof was forthcoming.
It may also only be friendly models that are allowed to charge under skimmers. (just a random thought)
That would make sense and not nerf Mech Tau.
Old 29 May 2007, 00:05   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I have never seen such a rule nor heard of one being considered for implementation. Just a kid blowing smoke, I would think.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 00:07   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well, I'm not trying to keep the thread at the top of the board, but I do have a few updates.

1. The guy I heard this from is a previous roomie, good buddy, and generally doesn't try to lead me astray on stuff. On the other hand, he heard it from someone else and the reliability of that person is something of a question. On the one hand, I know the guy who told my buddy plays Tau. On the flip side, he's actually more into Orcs. He collects other armies, paints them, plays them, displays it (and my god his skill with a brush...), but Orcs are what he goes back to time and again. Also, he's related to my last landlord who owes me absolutely no love whatsoever. The feeling is mutual but I'm not going into why.

2. After I posted my batrep, I took the liberty of hitting what is laughingly considered the local games store. I say laughingly because about the only thing I'd buy there is paints and White Dwaves. Occasionally he'll have a Codex or model I want, but mostly his inventory just blows and his prices are high. The guy running it keeps the doors open so he can be the first to say "I have the cool new toy!". I got a look at the White Dwarves for the last few months and found nothing aside from a nifty batrep about Tau vs the new Dark Angels Ravenwing under Sammael. Looked nice and well played, though I question giving even a named Special Character an Adamantine Mantle and an Iron Halo, but that's off topic.

3. I wasn't able to look at the latest White Dwarf (may's) in the store because it was sealed. However I bought a copy, it does have a tank article, but I'm not done reading it. I'll let you know if I find anything.

-Sightline
Information is the second most deadly weapon known to man (and xenos).
Old 29 May 2007, 00:11   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

It isn't in there. I have already been through that one. Not much for 40k aside from the Blood Angel codex.

(The reason Sammael has both the Adamantium Mantle and an Iron Halo is that he isn't an Independent Character and he can not join units. So he is a far greater fire-magnet than any other Space Marine characters. And he only has a 3+ save.)
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 00:30   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks for the tip on Sammy. And yeah, I found nada. Doesn't even mention the HH interestingly enough, though it lists the DF as good for the assault category. I'm thinking misprint! Alright, nothing found, so I'm going to stop worrying about it til someone can show it to me in print. Sorry for the scare.

-Sightline
"I feel shee-ee-eepish"