Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis Suit Positioning
Old 27 May 2007, 22:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Crisis Suit Positioning

I've been looking over my first Crisis Suit I got, and based on how it's laid out and the basic size and physiological make-up of the Tau, is this pretty much a rough idea of how the pilot sits in it? I ask this for future conversion possibilites. Thanks.
Springfield Fatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 22:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Crisis Suit Positioning

Yea thats what I would say. Or maybe hes just crunches up inside the chest itself. Anyways its your conversion, as long as it looks cool, do what you want
BurntEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 23:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The pilot is kneeling in the "chest" of the suit, much like a baby embryo in the mothers womb. Not a single part of his body is outside of this armoured hull; even the "head" of the Crisis is only a sensor device - the real head of the pilot is safely tucked away behing inches of protective armor plating.
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 00:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Wow, so the legs, arms, and head are there purely for asthetic value? How very odd, and completely contradictory to the race's fluff. I always assumed it was funtion over form, since the Tau have a whole Shinto philosophy going on, slapping 5 extremeties on something pointlessly seems out of character. Thanks for the info.
Springfield Fatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 00:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

No. The feet are for walking, the arms for lifting weapons and picking up stuff (like Space Marines), and the head to house the sensors. The point is that you can tear these arms off, blast away the head, cleave through the legs, and the wearer is still alive and physically well. Of course, the biofeedback he gets from all this will probably put him into shock, but that`s another story...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 02:07   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I know I always wondered why everyone even bothered to make human like mech...

It would be a lot easier and a lot more usefull to reduce the extra part. Legs should look more like ostrich, it's easier to balance and allow a greater speed ((it does make it harder to climb, but you could add some launching cable for that)

The arms should just be carrying weapon and pincer would proably work better then hands unless you need to do work with a lot of dexterity...and that would be earth caste stuff.

Really there are no reasons to try and make giant robot...except it look cool.
mormeguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 02:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Well, considering this is a fantasy game and the models' sole purpose is to look cool so you will buy them, I don't think realism really matters. The fluff was made for the game, not the other way around.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 03:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

The Pilot sits in a small chair, cocooned inside the armored chest of the battlesuit. If you want to read more fluff on how a battlesuit functions read Kill Team and Firewarrior. Basically the Pilot is "plugged" into the battlesuit, a neural link being inserted into the back of the pilots skull, effectively making the battlesuit the pilots new body.

However such a link has its downfalls, it means that say the battlesuits arm gets blown off, the neural shock can cause the Pilot to lose all feeling in that limb even if his/her actual arm never got a scratch. Or just think what would happen if the suits head was shot off.

It also means that the battlesuit needs to be physically as similar as possible to the pilots natural body to minimize the effects on the pilot. At least that's how I figure it works. It would be very wierd to get into the battlesuit and have wheels or four legs and then get back out of it and suddenly have two. It must be strange enough to have to remember the pilot can no longer fly or smash through walls.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 10:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO KVor

There's actually a diorama in the back of the Tau & Necron Collectors Guide which shows a lab containing a battlesuit with the front chest hatch opened up and Tau sat inside. 8)
ShasO KVor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 11:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO Venom

if you look over old Golden Deamons from the UK you will find one where some on did this conversion.
it is much like the idea you have.

Venom!!
(¸.• (¸.•
ShasO Venom is offline   Reply With Quote