Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My revised 1000pt list, for conflict tournament.
Closed Thread
Old 22 Feb 2005, 11:19   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default My revised 1000pt list, for conflict tournament.

This list has been revised based upon the comments i received last time, i need it to be able to take on a broad range of opponents as it is designed for tournament play, how effective doyou think it will prove?

Hq - Shas'el - Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multi Tracker - 85

Troop - 12 Fire Warriors, inc. Shas’ui - 130

Troop - 12 Fire Warriors, inc. Shas’ui - 130

Troop - 12 Fire Warriors, inc. Shas’ui , with Devilfish, Decoy Launcher - 215

Elite - Crisis Suit - Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multi Tracker - 65

Elite - Crisis Suit - Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multi Tracker - 65

Heavy Support - Hammerhead - Railgun, Burst Cannon, Multi Tracker, Decoy Launcher - 165

Heavy Support - Hammerhead - Ion Cannon, Burst Cannon, Multi Tracker, Decoy Launchers - 145

Total = 1000pts

Also any advice on how to expand it to 1500pts, i would want an additional squad of fire warriors in a devilfish, so that takes up 215pts, but that still leaves 285pts to play with, what do you suggest.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 12:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: My revised 1000pt list, for conflict tournament.

Surprisingly looks pretty good to me. Though I think I would want one more devilfish (they're better when working pairs sometimes, as if they fall out, the other fish full of firewarriors can support them instead of writing them off as casualty, you know?).

Two hammerheads in a 1,000 list. Well, at least one is an ion cannon

For your 1500+ lists, I would definately agree with another firewarrior with devilfish squad. Then, 4 more crisis suits exactly as you already have them, filling in to 3x man squads (or you can seperate them to 3, 2x man squads). And at the 1500+ level switching that ion cannon to another railgun. And that should do it!
Old 22 Feb 2005, 16:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I am a little confused with your army ??? for you have lots of mobility and then two static firewarriors that will be left behind while the rest bounces around!

For a 1000pts force, I would suggest Dropping the Hammerhead with the Ion Cannon and picking up 2 Devilfishes for your 2 Static Firewarriors...then you can use the FoF Tactic with great results!
Old 22 Feb 2005, 17:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I would also drop one HH preferely the Ion cannon, but that would be for a Devilfish and another crisis suit!
Old 22 Feb 2005, 18:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

thats a very solid 1000pt list, in fact almost identical to my own list played just last week! As you have 2 static fire warrior teams i would replace on e with a kroot squad (20 man), when used right (lots of terrain helps but isnt essential) they are awsome at doing a variety of jobs, plus they can infiltrate...60 attacks out of cover anyone? Also seeing as you will have a static firebase i would replace the ion HH with two broadsides, each with minimal gear just to add the railgun count up as you will already have enough marine splitting firepower with the large number of shots you can fit into 1000pts, plus kroot do wonders in holding up and even defeating smaller tactical squads too! just my two cents but that list is solid anyhow!
Old 22 Feb 2005, 19:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Actually, I think both hammerheads should probably use railguns...currently, you've only got 1 real anti-tank weapon. You won't face that much armor at 1000 points, but I'd like more than a couple of missile pods to fall back on.

I don't think the static squads are really a problem. You need to understand that they will probbly die, but they'll get a lot more shooting off than the mobile squad. They can also be used to lure your opponents around, as there isn't really anything else for them to move towards. It's always handy to control your enemy, and those static squads could fit that job nicely.

Upping the points....well, after the devilfish and firewarriors, you should get something to kill marines. More crisis suits, a stealth team, another hammerhead....any shold work, based on your preference. A large squad of kroot or two could be handy, too. They can lay out a surprisingly effective amount of fire, and can be a real pain to kill.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 20:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxpetronivs
Actually, I think both hammerheads should probably use railguns...currently, you've only got 1 real anti-tank weapon.* You won't face that much armor at 1000 points, but I'd like more than a couple of missile pods to fall back on.* *
??? Only one real anti-tank weapon? If you are reffering to the railgun on the HH, then you must have forgotten the Rocket Pods on the Crisis.* Str 7 shots is more than enough to take out a light tank.* Also, lots of SM armies take lots of tanks (eg Preadators! > ) in a 1000pts...I recall one game where I had to face off with two rhinos (not really that much of a problem ), a Predator and a Razor Back!* Horrah for Rocket Pods!

And the best why to defeat SM armies? Plasma Rifles...'nuf said ;D
Old 22 Feb 2005, 20:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think if you've got a broadside-less force two rail guns on your HH makes more sense: They actually offer a lot more flexibility (vs. hordes, MEQ, tanks, etc.) as well as some redundancy. S 10 shots are critical if you run into a big nasty like a pimped out chaos daemon prince where that insta-kill can earn you a quick 180+ VPs. If you run the stats on an ion cannon you're talking about 1.5 hits per turn and that equates to a little more than 1 dead SM per turn which is only marginally less than a normal railgun shot and potentially worse than a submunition shot that hits a packed unit. Besides, as it's been pointed out, you have plasma for 3+ SV stuff.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 21:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

I'd keep the HH, they are solid and the ion adds oomph to the marine matchups, what I would suggest however unorthodox is dropping both Fw statics for 20 man kroot mobs, they are much better than FW's at sitting when the rest of the army is mobile, and its a real shock for someone to see no FW on the board first turn , they provide muc better ancors and are actually more resilient as they get 4+ coversaves, plus it removes the need to drop something you cant for a 'Fish.

P.S. - Cool name :P
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:15   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah i love the name too. (Massive fan of R.E.Feist, have all his books SIGNED)
Closed Thread