Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Good Vespid tactic against SM's
Old 25 May 2007, 19:07   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Good Vespid tactic against SM's

One of my favourite tactics to use with your Vespids against SM's is at the start of the game (providing you go first) is to move your vespid the full 12" ,add the movement with fleet of wing to a tactical squad,fire the nuetron blasters at them (the guns are basicly designd for killing marines) then charge your squad,most of the marines would dead by then,then assault them,as you get the extra attack for each of them on the charge and the extra attack on the strain leader you can pull of 13 strength 3 attack more or less wiping the squad out. Hope this tactic works wit all you Tau players out there and ahve fun crushing the marines!
Grimgor_cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2007, 19:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Good Vespid tactic against SM's

This is illegal, you can't fleet and shoot in the same turn. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old 25 May 2007, 19:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Danger, Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgor_cyanide
add the movement with fleet of wing to a tactical squad,fire the nuetron blasters at them (the guns are basicly designd for killing marines)
If you use a "fleet" skill, it takes the place of shooting in the shooting phase. So you may either fleet or shoot, but may not do both.

You can still fleet then charge them, but you can't get off the round of shooting first (unless the initial 12" move puts you in range and you decide NOT to fleet - and there is nothing to prevent you from charging after you fire if they are in assault range.)

-Aun'shasta
Old 25 May 2007, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Vespid are jump infantry!?!?!? Really? I thought they were just fleet, am I wrong?
Old 25 May 2007, 20:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I often find vespids have limited uses. They really arnt that good in assault with marines. If i field them i find they are best used against squads of 6 or less. You can be sure to kill most of them and then mop up the 1 or 2 left in assault. Going against large squads normally gets them killed and they are expensive enough that it isnt worth it.

C/-Rt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2007, 21:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
add the movement with fleet of wing to a tactical squad,fire the nuetron blasters at them (the guns are basicly designd for killing marines)
You need to take another look at the fleet rules on pg.74 of the BGB.

Quote:
and the extra attack on the strain leader you can pull of 13 strength 3 attack more or less wiping the squad out.
The strain leader has the same number of attacks as any other vespid (1 or 2 when charging), so you'll always get an even number of attacks when charging.

And statistically, a full squad of vespids charging into SM's will on average only kill 1. I'd only use it to clean up if you've already cleaned out the squad, and/or as a last resort to tie them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun LeKeth
Vespid are jump infantry!?!?!? Really? I thought they were just fleet, am I wrong?
What do you think those wings are for? Vespids are jump infintry, be happy ;D you were wrong.
Old 26 May 2007, 10:48   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Sorry for the mistakes lol. Anyway do you think its a good tactic against any other troop squads. I made this tactic up btw lol.
Grimgor_cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2007, 13:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TimberwolfCY Send a message via MSN to TimberwolfCY Send a message via Yahoo to TimberwolfCY

Your tactic, by normal games, doesn't exist, because it is against the rules. Unless you're trying to be a lame cheater and trying to take advantage of people, you need to stop advancing the tactic.
"They got ded big shooty gunz dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough to crump em." - Warloard Skarmork, The Great Despoiler
TimberwolfCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2007, 14:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Its shooting, then charging. With an illegal fleet. This is hardly tactica worthy, as those generally contain detailed instructions as how to best use them.

And anyhow, vespid shooting against non-MEQs is far less efficient. Using them to kill a guard squad is a waste of that ap.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2007, 14:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO Venom

Fleet takes the place of shooting.
sorry

Venom!!
(¸.• (¸.•
ShasO Venom is offline   Reply With Quote