Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

my 1.5k army list
Reply
Old 20 May 2007, 13:24   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 69
Default my 1.5k army list

Right here is my 1.5k army list

shas'o Scatha (name of my character for every army)
plasma rifle
missile pod
heard wired multi tracker
drone controller
2 gun drones
132

elites
6 stealth suits
180
6 stealth suits
2fusion blasters
184
6stealth suits
180

troops
11 fire warriors
1 shasui
bonding knife
135
11 fire warriors
1 shasui
bonding knife
135
11 fire warriors
1 shasui
bonding knife
135

fast attack
8 path finders
2 rail rifles
devil fish
196

heavy support
3broadside battle suits
twinlinked railguns
smart missile system
3 target lock
225

1498

this list is used in basically all out kill the enemy however the reason for there being so many stealth suits is that they are generally annoying to shoot anyway and now at the beginning of the game me and my group roll if the dice is even it is a night game if it is an odd it is daylight so therefore they become really really annoying if they are night fight due to stealth field

and comments welcome thanking in advanced of ways to change or make it better
__________________
Gaming history with favourite quotes

Chaos ;D "I Will never face defeat charge!!!"
Played 79
win:64
loss:10
draw:5

Tau "you do realise that fusion blaster just blew up your land raider yes?"
played 17
win 10
lose 6
draw 1

and now
Orks " how does 20 shots with 80 attacks on the charge sound to your powerfist terminators ?"
played 3
win 3
lose 0
draw 0
not forgetting...
"Waaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhh!!!!"
bails888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 14:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 216
Send a message via MSN to ShasO Venom
Default Re: my 1.5k army list

lots of stealth suites i like ;D

maybe take one out n throw in 2 crisis with TL PR to take done any power armour or termies you may come across.

drop a boredside and have a sniper team to shred power armour as well.

other than that its kinda the same as the lists iv used in the past.

Venom!!
__________________
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Shas'O Venom•´
(¸.• (¸.•
ShasO Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 14:23   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 14,585
Default Re: my 1.5k army list

Quote:
Originally Posted by bails888
Right here is my 1.5k army list
Okay. I will look into it. But you have posted it in the wrong section. this is mant for the tau army list section, not the main Tau thread.

Quote:
shas'o Scatha (name of my character for every army)
plasma rifle
missile pod
heard wired multi tracker
drone controller
2 gun drones
132
Drop the drones. hat way you can benefit from IC status/

Quote:
elites
6 stealth suits
180
6 stealth suits
2fusion blasters
184
6stealth suits
180
Drop the fusion blaster. As you say you want that 'stealth generator' rule, and the fusion blaster will conflict with the purpose you have set for them. As for all you stealth suit teams, put a team leader and a bonding knife on them. That way they will last longer, just in case they are forced to fall back.

Quote:
troops
11 fire warriors
1 shasui
bonding knife
135
11 fire warriors
1 shasui
bonding knife
135
11 fire warriors
1 shasui
bonding knife
135
I say it is fair enough.

Quote:
fast attack
8 path finders
2 rail rifles
devil fish
196
Drop the ral rifles. You want more markerlights with these guys. As for your devilfish I say just a bsic one with a decoy launccher and multitracker or a warfish will be good.

Quote:
heavy support
3broadside battle suits
twinlinked railguns
smart missile system
3 target lock
225
Drop the target locks. Always take a team leader and a bonding knife for these guys. Also let them all take the Advanced stabilizing system. This will make them mobile and also able to shoo their guns.


Quote:
this list is used in basically all out kill the enemy however the reason for there being so many stealth suits is that they are generally annoying to shoot anyway and now at the beginning of the game me and my group roll if the dice is even it is a night game if it is an odd it is daylight so therefore they become really really annoying if they are night fight due to stealth field
and comments welcome thanking in advanced of ways to change or make it better
What I can say about your list is that it is very weak in the anti-tank department. Your list will not last a second against any army with medium-to-large number of vehicles.

I would suggest that you drop one of the stealth team or two to put in some crisis suits. In addition, use only one boradside. Put another hammerhead or maybe some pirahans to compensate for you lack of anti-tank.
__________________
Guide to keeping:
Scorpions : Corn Snakes : Basilisks


Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 14:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 216
Send a message via MSN to ShasO Venom
Default Re: my 1.5k army list

Quote:
What I can say about your list is that it is very weak in the anti-tank department. Your list will not last a second against any army with medium-to-large number of vehicles.
i dont agree he has three boredsides big guns you know what they can do im sure.
with multi trackers they can target three seperate tanks

Venom!!
__________________
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Shas'O Venom•´
(¸.• (¸.•
ShasO Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 14:46   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 14,585
Default Re: my 1.5k army list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShasO Venom
Quote:
What I can say about your list is that it is very weak in the anti-tank department. Your list will not last a second against any army with medium-to-large number of vehicles.
i dont agree he has three boredsides big guns you know what they can do im sure.
with multi trackers they can target three seperate tanks

Venom!!
You have to have firepower with survivability as well. One template and he is a goner. If he really wants to really disrupt the enemy, might as wel he split them up into 3 teams of one broadside. In addition, most of his anti tank ability is either very short or he puts them in one basket. 2+ armour is nothing under hails of firepower, ordnance, assaulters etc. they will not survive.

The reason why I say his other anti-tank weaponary are too short is because they are fusion blasters. I admit that it is a good weapon, but it is better on those who can utilize the abilities of a fusion blaster better, pirahnas and crisis suits being the primary users. Stealths are meant to use their stealth field to their advantage, and the range of the fusion blaster is just negating that effect.

In my list I have two railheads and three pirahnas. Each is the back up to the other. In the game it is bst if you have backup plans. Although the style of play is different, you an see that it is best to not put your eggs in one basket.

And Venom, Multitracker enables one to fire two weapons, not targetting some other target. That is the Target Lock.
__________________
Guide to keeping:
Scorpions : Corn Snakes : Basilisks


Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List building Tactics My Army List - why I take the Units I do - Tau 1750 poins Wolf-Tau Tau Army Lists 18 01 Oct 2009 06:45
Chaos apocalypse army 2: current army list and how additions will affect it mamba21500 Chaos Army Lists 5 06 Jun 2008 06:58
new army list=D Elsy'eir 1300 pt army list and 500 pt list .::cmd.Farsight::. Tau Army Lists 2 25 Jul 2007 20:33
Army List Theme Idea-suggestions on army list SMRCommander Forces of Chaos 18 31 Dec 2005 22:37
anti Blood Angel Tau army list and anti nurgle army list as well plz! bladeboy258 Tau Army Lists 5 28 Aug 2005 01:06