Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battlesuit weapon configuration
Old 19 May 2007, 09:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Battlesuit weapon configuration

I have had an idea for a crisis battlesuit configuration and I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it or if they think it would work:

shas'vre with CIB, ABF, targeting array and hard wired multi tracker (possibly some drones if I have the points)

Fluff wise, he is the guy who tests all the new shiny stuff that the earth caste come up with before they are mass produced.
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 10:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Battlesuit weapon configuration

I'd personally not take the CIB on a Shas'ui. That gun has such a low strength that you really need BS5 to get any decent use out of it. The targeting array is largely a waste, as only that one (relativley sub - par here) gun makes use of the improved BS.

A configuration I'm fond of is AFP, twin linked flamer, multi tracker. Lots of templatey death, and absolutley nothing that uses a BS value at all. Relativley cheap as well.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 10:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Generally giving the AFP and the CIB on the same suit is a BAD idea - the CIB profits from a high BS, whereas the AFP doesn`t mind if you have the aim of an Ork.

CIB is for BS 5 (since you want loads of hits to be able to more-or-less reliably score a 6 on your to wound-rolls), and the AFP can be used by "normal" Crisis suits without problems.

I`ve tried a new configuration out yesterday, and it faired quite well - except for the AFPs gruesome to-wound rolls.

"Odin Experimental Mobile Artillery Suit": Shas`Vre with TL MPs, AFP, hardwired multitracker
The idea behind this suit is simple - at long ranges, he uses his TL MPs to dish out the hurt with some accuracy. On shorter ranges, if it has LoS, he uses both TL MP and AFP. With no LoS, only the AFP is used.

Worked like a charm yesterday, and I can see the use of this configuration especially against armies like Eldar, DE, Orks, Guard, etc.
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 18:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO Venom

i honestly have never used them.
but this guy you talk about in your fluf sounds like he has a death wish if hes testing every thing :P

Venom!!
(¸.• (¸.•
ShasO Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 22:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
A configuration I'm fond of is AFP, twin linked flamer, multi tracker. Lots of templatey death, and absolutley nothing that uses a BS value at all. Relativley cheap as well.
When I red this I imagined a weirdly twitching pyromaniac better off crewing a hellhound for the imperial guard. It sounds like a good configuration though, I might steal it. *runs out the door with secret twin linked flamer based plans*
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 23:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well storyline wise that suit is generally piloted by those who have been "unhinged" by the loss of their squadmates/bond brothers. Giving those who no longer have any purpose to live a chance to seek death in such a way meaningful to the Tau'va. So yes, those who pilot it are generally a little unstable.

This is particularly important to my commander, because he was in that position once himself (and some might well argue he's still unhinged).

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote