Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar encounters with the Tau
Old 16 May 2007, 11:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Eldar encounters with the Tau

Tau and Eldar are not a couple you see in every campain.
I that the should like etother very much, but i need some help from professionals in this question.
(Sorry I'm dutch and don't now every word but tried to make it best as possible.)
Vespidslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 11:54   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Eldars mening of Tau

Well, the Tau see the eldar, like the rest of the galaxy, as arrogant, and, well, lets face it, we are

And the Eldar see the tau as young, naive and sometimes foolish, but they also see great promise with them, which is why they made the Aun.

And for the record, it is never "Eldars", just Eldar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 13:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

That "the Eldar created the Ethereals" thing is just a rumour. The only Eldar who is confirmed as having the slightest smidgen of respect for the Tau was Eldrad Ulthuan, deceased. The rest think of them pretty much as they view humanity or any other race (i.e. like vermin).

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 13:54   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Tau are, as far as the Eldar are concerned, thirteen year olds who scream "lol i pwn j00!!!" down their X-Box Live mics.

To extend the example, the Eldar know that the Tau, like 13 year olds, would die in seconds should a real fight between them break out.

That said, Eldar view everyone like this, so don't take it personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 13:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Tau are considered to be the Kim Jong Ill - Attention Grabbers.

"Look we have an Empire now" - Ethreal

"Who are you guys?" - IG Riflemen
F3Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 19:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3Zero
Tau are considered to be the Kim Jong Ill - Attention Grabbers.

"Look we have an Empire now" - Ethreal

"Who are you guys?" - IG Riflemen
ah but you didn't finish the quote

"Lawl, I'm the guy who's gunna nuke you" - Ethereal

*mushroom cloud over the city*

It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man.
Amaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 19:55   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Tau are, as far as the Eldar are concerned, thirteen year olds who scream "lol i pwn j00!!!" down their X-Box Live mics.

To extend the example, the Eldar know that the Tau, like 13 year olds, would die in seconds should a real fight between them break out.

That said, Eldar view everyone like this, so don't take it personally.
To be specific, the Eldar think that everyone else would die in seconds should a fight break out. But they do think that about everyone, and likely will until the day they become extinct. The Eldar are the 40-year-old men down in their parent's basement throwing a fit when they get beaten by 13-year-olds at video games.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2007, 03:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Eldar encounters with the Tau

to be specific-
the eldar have engaged the Eldar during the Dark Crusade and the resulting Medusa Conflict- despite what many would like, the two do not see eye to eye and only conflict have seen their encounters in the end.

Personally I hope this relationship will continue- i can't stand the Eldar and i'm glad they hate the Tau, they should- their snobs...
Old 17 May 2007, 04:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

And everyone knows what happens to snobs... They get hit with a pastrami. For no reason.

Anyways, the reason that Eldar are in every campaign with Tau is that they can alter the strands of fate easily with people who are still naieve about the universe.

Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2007, 04:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

the thing i don't understand is how the eldar can be so snobbish and self absorbed when they accidentally caused more then half their race, which at the time was like half of the universe, to be eaten by demons by messing with the warp.
(forgive me if I'm wrong about eldar history. i play tau and have only read the eldar codex once and that was about 6 months ago.)

i would think that if a race was nearly wiped out it would ask for help from any one, even barbarians, and not go down shooting in every direction just because it is slightly superior in technology and slightly more evolved then most of the races.

i see 3 different races in different situations greatly effected by evolution and technology

the necron have practically evolved beyond living matter. they have also have access to amazing technology. they have evolved and advanced as far as they can and because of this they are able to continue on their crusade of death for their soul hungry gods.

the eldar are highly advanced and highly evolved since they have been around so long. they are still advancing and evolving but at a very slow pace due to their currently weak state, compared to how they once were.

the tau have quickly evolved and quickly advanced in technology and still are advancing and possibly evolving. they see this as their own great strength and wish such power to be spread across the galaxy. unfortunately they have not and do not controle the entire galaxy at this time or at any time so until they do they are looking for aid in doing so. they will take any one who will spread the greater good around.

thats why i see the tau so friendly and the eldar so mean. tau have no problems with allies, even if temporary. eldar probably only take allies if they really need them, however they may use two different enemies to kill each other, similar to the 40K strategy game, dark crusade. (i know that comp games don't always do a good job of displaying the real table top game or fluff but that much makes sense)
cruton is offline   Reply With Quote