Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Golgothan Insurgency: Shas'ar'tol (campaign planning)
Old 11 May 2007, 23:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Golgothan Insurgency: Shas'ar'tol (campaign planning)

The door silently slid open as Commander Scoutfox entered the room, and took his place at the podium. Glancing across the circular warroom, he saw the eager faces of dozens of Shas, ready for battle. A hush fell over the room as a rotating holographic image of Golgotha appeared in the center of the room. “I thank you all for responding so quickly to my broadcast. A grim time is upon us, and our collective effort is the only thing that will turn the tide in our favor. As you all know the Golgotha, a hive world on the fringe of our empire, seceded from Imperial control and it leaders and people are under the protection and guidance of the Tau Empire. We have received reports from the Governor that disturbing things have been happening in the lower levels of the hives.”

The holographic image split into four quadrants. The first was the still rotating image of Golgotha, the second a middle aged Gue’la; the Governor, the third another Gue’la but this one was younger and had a crazed look in his eyes as well as numerous piercings and fresh scars, and lastly the image of a feared Y’he beast, the genestealer. “The last two images were captured just a few rotaa ago and depict what we believe to be a Chaos cultist and, of course, a Y’he vanguard organism. These tidings have not gone unnoticed to the other races, and as we speak Imperial forces are landing enmass on Amnoth. There are also reports that the Astartes as headed to Golgotha to cleanse it, and then wrestle Tale’ath from our grasp. This cannot be!” said the Commander as he slammed his fist on the smooth podium.

“Millions loyal to our Empire are counting on us to stop the mindless slaughter of our people, and we will not let them down. No matter the beast or warrior that stands in our way the Tau’va will prevail.” With that the room erupted into cheers.

“Quiet now my brothers for we have much to plan. The command staff and I have already talked in detail and have thought of our initial primary goals. We are to land on Golgotha and rid the planet of the tainted ones and make it safe for our citizens, as well as seize control of the breadbasket that is Amnoth. If any of you have other suggestions this is an open forum, so please speak and be heard.”

[This thread will be used to discuss your ideas for goals, as well as strategies for the upcoming campaign. Do not be shy everyone will be heard. Also use this space to talk about ways in which to combat our enemies, or proven tactics that might help those newer to the command ranks. I thank for all and hope the Tau forever prosper.]
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 00:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Golgothan Insurgency: Shas'ar'tol (campaign planning)

Decimating Chaos is my specialty. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have with regards to them.

Personally, I intend to crusade against them in the campaign, if such is permitted.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 00:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

After chaos a target of priority should be Necrons, and then Tyrranids. These are the two armies Tau seem to do the worst against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 01:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace cipher zer0
After chaos a target of priority should be Necrons, and then Tyrranids. These are the two armies Tau seem to do the worst against.
If they are the worst we fight against I do not see the need to send Shas to their deaths, just to practice tactics. No, we can observe the other races fighting those we are not proficient at, and learn from their mistakes. We will combat those that are the greatest threat, not the greatest challenge.

Commander Scoutfox
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 05:45   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Aias Send a message via MSN to Aias

I concur. If these are truly the greatest threats we face, would it not be in our interest to let them fight against our other foes - the Imperium, the Eldar - and then to strike while they are weak? With our many, then, we shall hit their few, and victory shall be attainable.

Therefore, let us strike first at the forces of Chaos and the Green Menace, and allow those who we deem troublesome to fight amongst themselves. Should we be attacked, we hold the line; but allow them to fight themselves first, and we shall have an easier victory.

Shepard Book once told me, "Can't do something smart, do something right."
Aias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 06:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

***Transmition from Shas'El M'Yen'Sha***

Well agree with commander scout Fox not because he is in charge but because he has a valid point.

My small opinion would be, ->

Wait until someone will take the necrons out. We do not need unnecessary blood of our bratherens on our hands. Sooner or later Necrons will reveal their main enemy and will be locked in a struggle. No matter who will win the struggle would be weakened and easy to finish off.

Hyena tactics doesn't seem so appealing but it works. And our doctrine encourages it greatly...

Mean while I can sudjest orks as an enemy. They doesn't seems to be that organized. With warboss SILK gone, they could likely to fight over the warbos title. And while they do, it can give us a good opportunity to wipe them out quickly and with less of our blood spilled.....

Of course my participation is questionable. So feel free to discard my opinion.

***Transmition ends***

P.S. Should I enter as above (transmission under the commanders name) or can I skip that?

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 06:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

+++Transmission from Goltgotha+++
+++Sent: Shas'El Fal'shia Rey'ka+++

Honoured shas, I submit to you this:
What we are doing here, it is a defensive battle, to hold the planets that are rightfully ours. Why should we go on the offensive at all. Instead we should withdraw some front line cadres and call up reserves, not to battle, but to observe. It is imperative that we discover what each of the other races seeks in this conflict, and when that is known, only attack if their objective would threaten our own.

Remember, we show strength in unity. If all Tau can stand together in complete unity then none will be able to stop us.

+++Transmission Ends+++

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2007, 23:52   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

The idea of waiting and watching until they grow weaker probably dosen't work in a campaign setting. How well the faction is going depends on win percentage. For example, if we decide to sit back and watch Necrons and Eldar fight, Necrons might win. Because of this victory, their "power" in the campaign increases, and makes them a more difficult foe for us.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 00:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

I didn't mean not fighting at all, just not launching a massive widespread attack at the start.
We'd still have battles, but just record them as holding our territory from invaders.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2007, 02:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

My Reserve forces can Fight defensively but this could be the chance for the Alstartes Coal to prove them selves and fight against the Enemies that we usually don't do well against. With all respect for them this is their trail of fire.

(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
Greater good or bust. is offline   Reply With Quote