Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Stealth Suits help
Old 05 May 2007, 10:29   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Stealth Suits help

I need BIG help! The last time I used my SS in a match vs the tyranids i didnt use them propoly i got 2 close and the genestealers tore them away!

Plus for those of you who play Dark Crusade add me: Hellboy_Josh
Knowledge is power. Bide it at will.
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt
A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn.
What is victory? Is it to defeat your enemy on the field of battle? Is it to simply repulse his armies and slay his misguided warriors? No, this is only the very beginning!
A hundred thousand worlds, ten hundred thousand wars. There is no respite, there is nowhere to hide. Across the galaxy there is only war.

LOTS of quotes for 40k fans!
commander_oshovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2007, 10:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: SS help

Well, what kind of help do you need? You`ve already found out that Stealth suits better stay away from genestealers (at least 19"), which should be easy to pull off thanks to the JSJ move. On the other hand, the BCs can be quite devastating against Stealers (as long as they don`t have paid the points for Extended Carapace, that is...).
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2007, 11:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to firewarrior123

Yea just keep them at a safe distance and you should be able to pick them off before they get to you. by the way, you probably shouldn't be advertising your DC name in this post. maybe if you posted it in the introduce yourself board with some stuff about yourself, just like all the other posts in that board.
firewarrior123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2007, 01:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

for genestealers, submunition them, removing the need to wonder if they have carapace or not. much easier than stealth suits

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2007, 07:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Stealth Suits help

To get the most out of your stealthsuits (or anything with a jetpack) you need to be good at judging distances. You want to be as far away as possible, but not so far away as to make you unable to fire. Ideally, you'll be at 18', and jump away to 24'. Which is out of range of all but the fastest infantry.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2007, 17:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would not use stealthsuits against genestealers at all. In 2 turns they should be able to assault your SS no matter what you do, so I'd use the SS against something else, and deal with the genestealers with something else (like the HH submunition).
Old 06 May 2007, 19:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO Venom

;D he-he i love stealth's my all time favorite tau unit. against stealer's easy man.
use your free move wisely at the start. the have a 5+ save to start of with so if you take a full unit of Stealth's you can get up to 21 shots. now with a marker drone and a markerlight you could hit on a 2+ (if all goes well) and wound on a 3+. now if this comes to play you should hit and wound with around 10- 15 of your shots. (unless your really un/lucky)
have a Crisis with burstcannon and missile pod to lend fire as well if you don't think the stealth's alone will be enough.
then jumpback out of assault rang and do the same again next turn.

you have a 18 inch rang on your weapon use it. if on model is in rang the whole unit is remember that.
(¸.• (¸.•
ShasO Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2007, 20:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Try to practice judging distances accuratley, and always make use of your Jump Assault Move to get out of the way. Remember, your BC has a range of 18", you don't have to be 12" away.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2007, 21:04   #9 (permalink)
Tyr
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
I would not use stealthsuits against genestealers at all. In 2 turns they should be able to assault your SS no matter what you do, so I'd use the SS against something else, and deal with the genestealers with something else (like the HH submunition).
How does this work?
without an assault move they can move between 7" and 12" inches a turn right? So can the stealths so how would they catch you?

"I have taken great pains not to laugh at the actions of aliens, nor to weep at them or to hate them, but to understand them."- Aun'shi
Tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2007, 21:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
How does this work?
without an assault move they can move between 7" and 12" inches a turn right? So can the stealths so how would they catch you?
Because, unfortunately, there's only so far that you can really GO. Once you hit the edge of the board, you get MAYBE a turn to run before they're on top of you.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote