Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Markerlight, Multi-tracker, Target lock and Firewarriors
Old 04 May 2007, 20:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Markerlight, Multi-tracker, Target lock and Firewarriors

I have been doing this for sometime now, and I have never been called on it. And the idea was oked with some amazement from the GW staff in my area. But I want to hear what everyone else thinks in terms of legality.

My two Firewarrior squad Shas'uis are equipped with markerlights, target locks and multi-trackers. What I have been doing is the leadership check for the shooting separately from the squad with both squad leaders (target lock), firing the markerlights, firing the pulse rifles (multi-trackers), as to not waist shots, and then taking the markerlight hits from the commander of the opposite unit and increasing the BS of the rest of the Firewarriors.
So basically Shas'ui 1 increases squad 2's BS and vice versa.

It is extremely effective as one can imagine. But this has been called into some doubt recently as I know when 1 unit fires everyone in that unit fires. So in firing my Shas'uis first and separately do I give the other Firewarriors a chance to make use of the markerlight hits?
Old 04 May 2007, 20:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Markerlight, Multi-tracker, Target lock and Firewarriors

You're doing it incorrectly.

Firewarrior unit 1 declares their shooting at Target A. The Shas'ui can use his Target Lock to fire at Target B. Note that all of this happens simultaneously. If he hits with his Markerlight, you can place a Markerlight token on Target B. Then Firewarrior unit 2 declares their shooting at Target B, using any available Markerlight tokens. Their Shas'ui can use his Target Lock to fire at Target A. If he hits with his Markerlight, you can place a Markerlight token on Target A. This Markerlight token could then be used by any other unit which has yet to fire.

Also, note that Multitrackers allow you to fire 2 Battlesuit weapons (see the wargear entry). A Markerlight is a Battlesuit weapon (it's available to XV25's), but a Pulse Rifle is not. Therefore, a Multitracker on a Firewarrior Shas'ui does not allow you to fire both his Pulse Rifle and a Markerlight in the same turn.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
T0nkaTruckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 20:56   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I agree with Mr. Tonka... FW's can't use multi trackers.

I do use the markerlight target lock combo with my fw's though, it's relatively expensive but i use smaller squad sizes (7-ish... ex-nurgle guy) to get larger numbers of marker light tokens on the board. then i use them with my heavier weapons for guaranteed hits. i've had real good sucess with this. ;D
Old 04 May 2007, 21:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I used to do the same thing, but with squad of four man teams of pathfinders. Really pissed people off that they were only about 60 points to
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 22:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

60pts. + the DF I assume?

And I thought FW Shas'ui could take a Hard-Wired Multi-tracker...it just didn't do anything. Have to check that when I get home.
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 23:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

In the spirit of gameplay, I've always treated it as being modified for the Fire Warrior/Pathfinder's weapon, synching the two weapons to a single reticle. Really, why else would GW include it as an option for infantry if it wasn't going to do anything for them? (unless Fire Warriors are going to get battlesuit weaponry in a future update?? ) Yes, by the EXACT wording of the codex, it only allows the use of multiple Battlesuit weaponry...But anyone who is going to be that much of a rule-monger deserves to be dreadsocked. :
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 23:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks guys, that is basically what I thought. I agree with Damian Alpha in regards to the multi-tracker being modified for Fire Warrior/ Pathfinder weapons. It was included in the codex as infantry war gear, so I doubt it would be totally useless.
Old 05 May 2007, 03:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

By RAW your right T0nkaTruckDriver. But IMO it's simply an oversight. My two problems with your interpretation.
1. There would be absolutely no point to the Infantry MT if it was true.
2. Markerlights are never classed as battlesuit weapons.
Old 05 May 2007, 03:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

First off...yes, by RAW, the upgrade has no functionality. But the spirit of the rule is pretty clear.

Secondly, two FW teams cannot use each others ML hits. The second team MAY use the first teams, but you cant hop back and forth between squads firing weapons willy nilly. The squad fires simul.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2007, 03:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
1. There would be absolutely no point to the Infantry MT if it was true.
There's absolutely no point to Eldar Star Engines either
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
T0nkaTruckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote