Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shield drones
Old 04 May 2007, 05:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Shield drones

If I want to buy Shield drones and marquer drones, where would I get them? Last time I went to a GW store, they where out of Gun drone box, so I could not check what it contained. I just want the shield drones and marquer drones. Paying 50$ is not really a good idea.
Old 04 May 2007, 05:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default Re: Shield drones

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_111
If I want to buy Shield drones and marquer drones, where would I get them? Last time I went to a GW store, they where out of Gun drone box, so I could not check what it contained. I just want the shield drones and marquer drones. Paying 50$ is not really a good idea.

Sheild drones require the gun drone sprue, as well as some metal bitz. Total price is about $6 each, check the online store. Marker drones are only available through the Stealth Suit Team sprue, but you might be able to find the section of the sprue itself on some E-bay stores.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 05:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The only way to get the marklight drone is with the new plastic Stealth Suits. So it's either that, or you can try converting some of your own (which will probably look better). Shield Drones are almost just as hard to get. One comes with the Pathfinder team leader, as well as the XV-15 Team leader, and you can get 2 with Shadowsun. Those are the only places you can really get them in boxes, but luckily they are metal bits, so you can just order the bits that you need.
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...ItemNav=302121
Again, converting is always an option, and the Crisis Suit Shield Generator works just as well with a drone body to make a shield drone.
Old 04 May 2007, 05:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Allright, tanx. I'll get converting!

Prices are outragious anyway.
Old 04 May 2007, 05:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

You can order the marker drone off forgeworld...but honestly, conversions are just fine too. Its not as if gun drones are in short supply or anything.

I do like the pathfinder shas'ui for shield drones...in fact, I plan to replace all my current pathfinders with that model because A. I like it, and B. the dang arms keep falling off the normal pathfinders. Id rather buy the shas'ui, which comes in one piece, than fix them all painfully. Getting the shield drones this way as well is just a great bonus for me, since I definitely could use more of those as well.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 13:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm buying the Shas'ui pathfinder today, both for the shield drone and for the model itself, I need to fill my pathfinder slot better.

You path's arms are falling off? Mine are rock solid. Even droped them on the floor once, no breaks!
I use standard GW superglue.
Old 04 May 2007, 13:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I bitz ordered a bunch of Shield Drone bitz about 3 years ago. They were something like $1.00 each. Slap a Crisis Shield generator on top and you're good to go.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
T0nkaTruckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 21:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I love that idea Tonka. Thanks

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2007, 03:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_111
I'm buying the Shas'ui pathfinder today, both for the shield drone and for the model itself, I need to fill my pathfinder slot better.

You path's arms are falling off? Mine are rock solid. Even droped them on the floor once, no breaks!
I use standard GW superglue.
It depends on the model. Some of em are great, and have lasted for years that way. Some are just terrible. Ive tried plenty of super glues(GWs is fine, but I personally prefer Krazy Glue for most stuff...I like rapid bond times), and I think it's just the way the joints fit together. Im sure I could fix it if I wanted to get into green stuffing and pinning, but for those models...it's just not worth the effort. Besides, the arms work great for modding firewarrior Shas'uis w markerlights, and I clip the weapon off for my Gue'vsa Sgts, so nothings actually being wasted.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote