Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Too good to be true!! Question
Old 04 May 2007, 00:04   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Too good to be true!! Question

Selecting CDR Farsight with his seven CBS Bodyguards sounds like a great thing to do. I have a few questions about this selection and was hoping you could all help me out.

First, What was the effect when fielding CDR Farsight and his squad of 7?

Second, it just sounds too good to be true, I can select 7 CBS bodyguards with the oppurtunity of purchasing two shield drones each, that is a total of 14 shield drones in a squad with each shield drone allowing a 4+ invulnerable save? Don't the body guards all have access to the Battlesuit Wargear List?

Third, According to the Battlesuit Armoury on page 25, "A model in a battlsuit that has access to the Armoury may also choose up to 100 points from the Battlesuit Wargear list. No model can pick the same item twice", but according to the Drone Controller definition, "A model with a drone controller must take one or two Gun, Marker, or Shield Drones, in any combination, from the Wargear list. So don't those two definition contradict themselves? Wouldn't each CBS Bodyguard purchase the har-wired drone controller for 0 points?

I hope I am not beeing naive and you thought about this and can give me some insight, because if that is true, I game next Friday and the other Armies don't really have a chance, (well at least that is how it would seem).
Thanks
brightsword24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 00:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Too good to be true!! Question

picking the same item twice applies strictly to the wargear, not choices in it. All I have to say about the seven samurai and farsight is that anything that that unit shoots at should die. If they didn't assault it. The unit is upwards of 6-700 points. Make it worth it dammit. But it is funny to use against newbs who don't know what it is

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 00:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

It's acutally worth about 500 points or so. I tool them up to have the following:

TL Plasma Rifle
Fusion Blaster
HW MultiTracker
HW Target Lock (still experimenting with this one.
HW Drone Controller
2 Shield Drones

Oh! THEY DEEP STRIKE TOO!

Fear them!
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 00:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

If you tool it out with shield drones, it'll definitely be upwards of 700...the shield drones alone run you what, 210?

But yeah, while expensive, this unit is everything it appears to be, and it does have an ungodly amount of firepower. Im a big fan of the TA myself. Having everything in here at BS 4 is awesome.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 01:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

That would make your ennemie literaly crap his pants! How can you beat that!? Even a full barrage of powerfull shots run the chance of scoring a big Nothing on those shield drones!
Old 04 May 2007, 01:30   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well I am glad this is going to work. I have CDR Farsight purchased and in the mail, so I will get him painted up and have him ready for next Friday. With Deep Strike, with shield drones, MP, FB, BC, PC, and all the other wargear list, I really do believe this is the squad to fear, just like the Broadside suits. Yes it is going to be expensive but devastating. Next Friday can't come quicker!!!
brightsword24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 02:00   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Can 1 of his bodyguards be a commander? THAT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER!!!!

You know our world is screwed, the sun is exploding, the ozon layer melting, a huge meteor on its way to kill us, and we just want to blow ourselves up............yup I think were ****ed.........
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 02:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to PaxAnteBEllum

Actually all the bodyguards are bodyguards, so Special Issue Wargear and all that Jazz.

I once wrote a list that could fire at 4 different targets with a staggering amount of firepower.

Or you could do a (8)+(3)+(3*3)+(3*3)=29 Xv-8 and XV-88 suits, could be a very fun list.
Old 04 May 2007, 02:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

While you can't make one of his bodyguards a commander, you could add your second commander to the unit. Thus, you would have and insane 8 crisis suits, plus farsight himself for 9 SUITS in a single rolling unit of death. Add ShldDrones to all those misc. suits, and you have 16 shield drones, 8 crisis suits, and Farsight.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 02:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

And better than that, they DEEP STRIKE. Drop in, shoot, and then move enmasse!
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote