Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I <3 EMP
Old 01 May 2007, 02:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Funshade
Default I <3 EMP

Who loves them EMP nades. i have found them so increadably useful for taking out those 14 armor monstrosities. regardless of armor it penetrates on 6. only problem is getting to CC and planting them and/or hitting it after it has moved. not only that but it keeps them from having any ideas on tank shocking you. Death or glory is pretty sweet.

I mostly put them on my pathfinder team. being scouts it helps them get to the target tank as quickly as possable. and most the time they are distracted by my seeker missiles or my lovely rail guns
I have half the weight
I will have five times the stamina
~those who never louse... always win~
Funshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 04:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: I <3 EMP

Pathfinders? charging forward? I can&#39;t think of a better way to invite death. Also, boosting them to 15 pts a model makes an already attractive target even more tempting to kill.

I just use railguns as my primary armor killer. Sure, it&#39;s unoriginal, but it&#39;s highly effective. If you&#39;re going to mount emp grenades as a surprise tactic, do it on a mounted FW squad. They&#39;ve got the mobility to have a shot at using it, and they&#39;re cheaper if they do die.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 06:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Meh they were pretty good when we could use Cheap Gue&#39;la units to carry them. Now I only put them on Shas&#39;ui FW&#39;s who have access to the armory so they can take out enemy tanks in Death or Glory. And I only do this if I have 3 spare points and don&#39;t feel like getting a HWBSF on my commanders.

For my tank hunting I like waves of uber mobile Fusion Piranhas backed up by misisle pods, ioncannons, and maybe 1 railhead.
Old 01 May 2007, 09:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

i thought it had to be the entire squad that got them not just one unit
I have half the weight
Old 01 May 2007, 09:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The EMP is in the infantry armoury so shas&#39;uis can take them seperately.
I would use the EMP but there is a distinctive lack of vehicles in the area i play in...
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 14:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

A lot of times, though, it&#39;s more effective to use a gun- They only really come into their prime when you&#39;re fighting things wih very high armor.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 14:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

well im not going to use the nades on walkers where my reguar FW can take it out. most of the time when people bring out a tank they look for that armor 14 front. and they dont make it easy to shoot the back
I have half the weight
Old 01 May 2007, 14:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Pathfinders are probably the most expensive waste for EMP duty.

I am myself flirting with them on my commando teams. This is the first time in bothering, but it is just a trial. I feel that as soon as people locally catch on to those 2 units of FW moving forward, the party will be over.

Here is the big issue with the EMP: It relies on the enemy to give you a target. Since Tau are not assaulty, you won&#39;t be moving to his tanks. Thus he must move his tank to you. 95% of all players attempt to keep their tanks away from the enemy and utilize ranged firepower. the sole exception being the monolith, but the particle whip will dice and mince FW squads within 12". Best run, hide, shoot, run some more, shoot some more, and win.

If you really want to try something cute, put your etherial in a unit of tooled up FW and give them EMP and rush forward. If they make it, you won&#39;t have to worry about being tank shocked, and depending upon the number of FW left you may get a penetrating hit. Of course when (not if) the Aun dies you&#39;ll have some problems

W
Shaso Wanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 15:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Another problem with EMP-grenades and Tau is that we can`t disembark from a vehicle and assault in the same turn - which would be useful for actually USING these Grenades against vehicles...

I`m toying with the idea of making a kind of "Commando"-team myself, consisting of Gue`la (but using the Firewarrior rules), with Pulse Carbines, EMP-Grenades and all the nifty stuff.... just an idea, though...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 17:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

EMP grenades are largely situational but I think they are grand fun. Whenever I fight an army with a Land Raider or two, full of Terminators that comes roaring at my lines, I take several squads of Gue&#39;vesa armed with EMPs. When the Land Raiders get close out go the guardsmen, charging the big ole tanks, surrounding their doors and landing as many EMP nades as possible. You may need a 6 to hit, but when you have 20 of these guys assaulting... thats at least 3 hits usually and then 1.5 hits, its even funnier when you get a penetrating hit since the passengers have to automatically disembark and they can&#39;t... of course then blowing up the tank is nice too.

But not something I use all the time, or even regularly.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote