Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shas'o battlesuit configuration
Old 29 Apr 2007, 19:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Shas'o battlesuit configuration

Just bought a new commander box set and was wondering if its a good idea to use both the air bursting frag. luancher and the Cyclonic ion blaster on the same model (obviously with a multi tracker,, tacget lock etc)?
Diavolos1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 19:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Shas'o battlesuit configuration

Frag launcher's a wast of BS, while the cylic works well with high BS. They don't go well together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:19   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Use the spell-check, please.

Yeah, I would never put the AFP on a commander. It works best on one of your Elite suits. The CIB is a nice choice though, particularly when combined with a Plasma Rifle for killing Heavy Infantry.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:21   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I don't quite understand why a AFP is a bad choice. Am I mis-understanding how it works?
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

With AFP, your BS really doesn't matter. A Shas'O has High Balistics Skill.
you could put it on your expensive commander, or a cheap shas'vre, with the same results. That's why you don't see many commanders with AFP, you can get the same killing power elsewhere for cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Well, your commander has a high BS, and the way an AFP works, it doesn't roll to hit using BS, it uses the scatter die. Therefore, your cheap little Shas'vre elites choice has the same chance to hit as your tooled up Shas'O.

You should take advantage of your Shas'O's high BS and mount high RoF/high strength weapons (plasma rifle and CiB work great for pretty much anything.)

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:28   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Surely you still need a good BS to ensure you hit in the first place seeing as its an assualt 1 or am I wrong and you automatically hit? I thought seeing as it is an assualt 1 you would have to roll to hit as normal then use the large blast marker to work out whos wounded. is this wrong?
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:32   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Am I right in thinking that you roll a scatter plus a D6 to work out where the template lands? If this is the case it doesn't sound like a particularly good weapon.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolos1981
Surely you still need a good BS to ensure you hit in the first place seeing as its an assualt 1 or am I wrong and you automatically hit? I thought seeing as it is an assualt 1 you would have to roll to hit as normal then use the large blast marker to work out whos wounded. is this wrong?
Incorrect. The process for "hitting" with the AFP is as follows:

-Check to see if target is in range.

-Roll scatter die and 2d6 as normal for a guess range weapon.

-Follow the arrow the amount in inches on both the d6 added up. IF a hit is rolled, the shot is right on.

It's standard guess range weapon procedure. I'd give you a rulebook page but I don't have mine on me.

Either way, be it bs5 or bs3, you're still only going to hit with no scatter whatsoever 1/3 of the time.
Quote:
Am I right in thinking that you roll a scatter plus a D6 to work out where the template lands? If this is the case it doesn't sound like a particularly good weapon.
Well, it's murder against guard and orks, anything 5+ really. Especially if they're in cover and in numbers. I've wiped whole squads off the board with one shot of it (those squads didn't get their 3+ cover save... he-he-he...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
The advantage, though, is that you don't need Line-of-Sight.
Ahh yes, how'd I leave that one out XD

Try not to double post, by the way. If nobody's yet responded, just use the "modify" button at the top right of your post.

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:34   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
The advantage, though, is that you don't need Line-of-Sight.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote