Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos
Old 29 Apr 2007, 01:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Chaos

I am about to go play against a Chaos Army tomorrow and I like to know any tips or unit I should use
Shas_O Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 01:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to firewarrior123
Default Re: Chaos

shoot shoot and shoot some more. as long as they cant get to close, you should be fine.
firewarrior123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 02:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well...it depends on the flavor of chaos.

Bring all your normal MEQ hunting goodness, but also be certain to bring a fair bit of AP1-2 as well. For me, this comes in broadsides and Helios suits. Hunting chaos is a lot like SM armies....but the models tend to be more tooled up, giving you less to shoot at(yay!). Demons are a bit different, but relax, large volumes of S5 firepower does wonderful things to all of them.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 03:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

If they have Khorne Beserkers (that have to auto-charge), bring a Pirhana to zip behind them and make them charge away from your lines!
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 03:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'O GeekyGator
If they have Khorne Beserkers (that have to auto-charge), bring a Pirhana to zip behind them and make them charge away from your lines!
That's so much fun! I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 07:25   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

just get a hammer head with a rail gun and sub-munition them works well against SMs give fire warriors pulse rifles
can you post the army list you are using
Old 29 Apr 2007, 11:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnblade
just get a hammer head with a rail gun and sub-munition them works well against SMs give fire warriors pulse rifles
can you post the army list you are using
Not really. Sub-rounds are only AP4, making the solid-round more preferable.

Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 12:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Watch out for infiltrators. Some Chaos armies can take lots and lots of them. The Chaos Lord can even be tooled up in such a way as to get a first turn charge, so watch out for him.

But we really need to know what kind of Chaos to give detailed advice.

I'd rather force 10 armour saves then kill a single Khorne Beserker.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 15:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
Watch out for infiltrators. Some Chaos armies can take lots and lots of them. The Chaos Lord can even be tooled up in such a way as to get a first turn charge, so watch out for him.

But we really need to know what kind of Chaos to give detailed advice.

I'd rather force 10 armour saves then kill a single Khorne Beserker.
You won't get ten armor saves off a submunition except in highly unlikely circumstances. Railguns are great at instagibbing bad stuff, though. Princes, Oblits, termies, these are all expensive, potentially devestating units that the railgun handles highly efficiently.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 16:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

It depends on what Chaos it is, I get totally screwed when Alpha legion shows up, but can kill nurgle and khorne fairly readily.

Yes, the railgun's great for deamon princes.

"He takes a wound"
"no, he's dead"
"Toughness five!"
"Strenth ten!"

Then They whine about how you killed thier expensive model they failed to put in cover.

You see one of these, put it high on the priority list. The consequences will be dire if it gets to your lines, and you'll feel foolish for failing to take out something you could've so easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote