Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

crisis suit armaments
Old 25 Apr 2007, 16:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default crisis suit armaments

so i've been thinking about how to build my crisis suit, and at the moment i'm trying to use it to take out light armor (i'd rather leave heavier stuff over-all to broadsides/hammerheads). anybody got suggestions?

also, does anyone have an opinion on taking railguns on your crisis suit hq?
justamusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2007, 16:52   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: crisis suit armaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamusician
so i've been thinking about how to build my crisis suit, and at the moment i'm trying to use it to take out light armor (i'd rather leave heavier stuff over-all to broadsides/hammerheads). anybody got suggestions?
Light armour? Well there are several configurations, but the best have to be twin-linked missile pods. This will enable you to have a rather accurate weapon system that is a nightmare to light vehicles everywhere.

Quote:
Crisis suit HQs can not have ralguns. Only broadsides can have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2007, 16:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to halohog

Anti armour job, eh? Just do what i did with my first suit, and put on missile pod, fusion blaster and multi-tracker. Or else, twin link missile pods - excellent ranged firepower, good for Guard/gaunts and other light infantry, and anti-light-armour - and add, say a shield generator.

about railguns on a crisis - forget it: you can NOT put railguns on XV8s. As for XV88 Broadsides, they have two of them anyway, but they're heavy support, not HQ.

then again, there was talk about allowing rail rifles for Crisis suits (at last, someone who doesn't say "suites"!), although i don't know what happened there...
Old 25 Apr 2007, 16:56   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
It would be nice, but the range on the Railgun is really too long for any model that can be protected by Independent Character rules.

I second Crisis_Vyper and railgun convention on the TL Missile Pods anti-light vehicle configuration. We usually call that one the "Deathrain", and it is well-named. I don't like the Fusion Blaster/Missile Pod combination very much because I feel that it wastes the Missile Pod's superior range. But the Deathrain is really just for Elite suits. You will probably want to use a multiple-weapon configuration on your HQ to take advantage of the higher BS.

The idea of taking a Rail Rifle on HQ suits came from some of the special character rules for the Medusa pre-campaign that GW ran. I don't think anything else ever came of them.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2007, 17:00   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ah. thanks. i wasn't sure about it, since it's in the suit armory.

and as long as we're on the independent character rules, can someone explain those more clearly than the rule book?
Old 25 Apr 2007, 17:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

What part do you need explained?
Old 25 Apr 2007, 19:59   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

as much of it as you care to explain, honestly. i'm asking, in part, for a friend, but i'm also relatively confused about this, too.

please explain any and all special rules and anything else you can think of that i might need/want to know.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 23:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Funshade

i have a crisis suit for every occasion!

HQ Shas'o
Multi tracker
Ion blaster
Plasma rifle
Shield
~His bs of 5 allows the ion blaster to hit a lot and take out heavy or medium infantry with the plasma rifle

Crisis
Team leader
Multi tracker
Twinlinked Flamer
Airbrusting fragmentaion laucher.
~No need for targeting array these dont use BS! mainly for taking out thoes pesky light infantry in thoes nasty +4 cover save areas

Crisis
Teamleader
Targeting array
Fireknife
~Light tanks
I have half the weight
I will have five times the stamina
~those who never louse... always win~
Funshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2007, 23:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris

The idea of taking a Rail Rifle on HQ suits came from some of the special character rules for the Medusa pre-campaign that GW ran. I don't think anything else ever came of them.

Do have the rules for this Khanaris? Or does anyone? Or are these copyrighted, and not on a PDF like Anghor Prok, and was asking a MOD a stupid thing to do. ???

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2007, 03:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
as much of it as you care to explain, honestly. i'm asking, in part, for a friend, but i'm also relatively confused about this, too.

please explain any and all special rules and anything else you can think of that i might need/want to know.
Please be more specific, their's a lot of info regarding IC's, and I don't want to just paste copyrighted material onto the board. If you have a specific question, ask it. If your confused about a specific situation, then tell us. Otherwise, everything you need to know is on pg. 50-51 of the BGB. Read it, and then if their's something you don't understand, or don't know how to explain, let us know. We love to help, but you need to put in some effort too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasocastris
Do have the rules for this Khanaris? Or does anyone? Or are these copyrighted, and not on a PDF like Anghor Prok, and was asking a MOD a stupid thing to do. ???
Here is just the Tau stuff. Their were options for every army. It was all posted online, but they may have taken it down by now. And I don't see any harm in posting essentially un-official rules (that were only used in the US).

TAU EMPIRE
Ethereal

Choice of one item from this list +10 points
+1 WS
+1 S
+1 I
5+ Invulnerable save

Choice of one item from this list +20 points
-Drone Throne
The Ethereal may control up to twice as many drones as uasual

-Power weapon honor blades
The Ethereal is blessed with honor blades made of the finest Xenos technology the Empire can provide. All his close combat attacks count as power weapons.

-Suspensor Pack
The Ethereal may move as like a Battlesuit, ie. he may move again in the Assault phase.

-Hand-held Shield Generator
The Ethereal benefits from a 4+ invulnerable save.

-Earth Caste Defenses
Any enemy unit that, in their own Movement or Assault phases, approaches within 2" of the Ethereal triggers the Earth Caste defenses. The unit suffers d3 S4 AP2 hits.

-Honor Guard
The Ethereal is accompanied by an elite unit of Fire Warriors. This unit counts as an Elite choice, points (in addition to the 20 points to choose this option) are spent as normal, however the units adds +1 WS and +1 I. THe Ethereal must remain within 2" of the unit at all times.

Commander

Choice of one item from this list +10 points
+1 WS
+1 I

Choice of one item from this list +20 points
-Xenos Blades
The Shas'o has blades fitted to his Battlesuit that are made from the finest Xenos technology the Empire can provide. All his close combat attacks count as power weapon attacks.

-Sniper Suit
The Shas'o may mount a rail rifle on his suit, taking up one slot on his suit.

-Stealth Generator
The Shas'o has a suit cloaked using the same technology as the Stealthsuit. Opponents must make the same rolls when trying to spot the Shas'o

-Upgraded Fusion Blaster
One per game the Shas'o may fire his fusion blaster as a Template weapon.

-Upgraded Missile Pod
One per game the Shas'o may fire his missiloe pod and use the Ordnance template. This exhausts the missile pod for the remainder of the game.

-Upgraded Plasma Gun
One per game the Shas'o may overload his plasma gun, he fires as usual but places a Blast template. The Shas'o must make an armor save or suffer a wound. The plasma gun is useless for the remainder of the game.