Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

HW things
Old 23 Apr 2007, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default HW things

alright, this guy on another site says that only the team leader or Shas'ui can get hard wired things. Now I know all crisis suits can get it, but I just want reassurance on this subject. Or, if I'm wrong, some help on where it says that certain rule.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 13:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: HW things

Actually, hes right, only the team leader can get it because it never mention the others can. Just like you don't assume all Tactical squad members get access to the armoury, it dosen't say they do, so they don't.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 13:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

So, if I had a squad of three crisis suits, I couldnt all give them, for say, plasma, missiles, shield generator and a HW multi tracker? I Swear thats not right....somehow. He also said one guy MUST be either a team leader or Shas'ui upgrade. Or shas'vre, which ever it is.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Old 23 Apr 2007, 13:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt90
So, if I had a squad of three crisis suits, I couldnt all give them, for say, plasma, missiles, shield generator and a HW multi tracker? I Swear thats not right....somehow. He also said one guy MUST be either a team leader or Shas'ui upgrade. Or shas'vre, which ever it is.
Nope, only the Teamleader or 'vre could have HW things. The same goes for XV88 Broadsides.

And for your second part of question - you need not make a Teamleader or 'vre upgrade, they are optional. With all units. Only Bodyguard XV8's are 'vre for default (and they have their own entry in the Codex).

Joe
Old 23 Apr 2007, 16:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hmmm I just checked the codex. I'm afraid that those two are right :-[

1. HQ XV8 suit ('El & 'O) can select all that he darn want. 3 systems and wargear and special issue wargear and systems.

2. His body guards are the same story. They are Shas'vre however and got lower stats though.

3. XV8 that falls under Elite, -> They are Shas'Ui they can only select 3 systems/weapons NOTHING else. BUT they can become Team leaders! And can get all wargear they want! But NO spacial issue! If they still want more you can make em Shas'vre and Give em Special issue wargear/weapons/systems (yes weapons & systems! Codex says the same thing for HQ, Body guards and Shas'Vre in Elie teams! It says "it can select items from battlesuit wargear including special issue items" )

So yeahh you can't make team with shield/rifle/missile and HW MT. You also don't have to upgrade anything or anyone.

What you can do is this -> Make one Shas'vre and give him HW drone controller with shield drones. And make fire knife config for them all (rifle/tracker/missile)

Hope I helped.

Walk Tal everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 22:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

eh, I guess i was wrong then. All i need to do is make each a team leader for five points, and i'll be fine. thnxs anyways guys.

Beastlord Gorthor

Old 23 Apr 2007, 22:26   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt90
eh, I guess i was wrong then. All i need to do is make each a team leader for five points, and i'll be fine. thnxs anyways guys.
But remember, each team can only have one member upgraded to a team leader. In a full unit, two of the suits are always going to be stuck using just their hardpoints.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2007, 05:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Heh, if that were the case, nobody would ever bother to upgrade suits to team leader, and HW MT/TA or shield gen would be ridiculously common. =P

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote