Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need some Anti-Tank deepstrike-ready suits
Old 20 Apr 2007, 02:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Need some Anti-Tank deepstrike-ready suits

Alright, so theres this IG player i can't beat at the local store. Now usually i can't crack his 2 leman Russes, i need to get some fusion near them, but last tourny my only crisis team of 3 deep striked off course, and shot nothing, then next turn all died to 1 battle cannon.... Anyways i need a cheap, effective Anti-Tank deepstrike suit, and if it dies, no big deal for pts. Is there such a suit?
Old 20 Apr 2007, 02:08   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Need some Anti-Tank deepstrike-ready suits

Sure. The stock suicide Helios. Twin-linked Fusion Blasters and a flamer. It works best if you have a unit of Pathfinders on the table, as their Devilfish helps your suits show up in the right place. You might also want to consider a Piranha or two.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 02:23   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Sure. The stock suicide Helios. Twin-linked Fusion Blasters and a flamer. It works best if you have a unit of Pathfinders on the table, as their Devilfish helps your suits show up in the right place. You might also want to consider a Piranha or two.
I thought Helios was PR + FB + MT?

But TL FB + Flamer... 47 pts total.. Sounds good!

I really want the PF for both the reroll and the MLs, but i don't own a Devilfish, and they cost some serious $$$, so until then, it's suicide suits
Old 20 Apr 2007, 02:38   #4 (permalink)
Tyr
Shas'Saal

I also recomend using monats (one man teams) if you have the spare force organisation slots.

"I have taken great pains not to laugh at the actions of aliens, nor to weep at them or to hate them, but to understand them."- Aun'shi
Tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 02:50   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr
I also recomend using monats (one man teams) if you have the spare force organisation slots.
That was the general idea, but i might be only able to fit 1 such suit
Old 20 Apr 2007, 03:37   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def3nd3r

I thought Helios was PR + FB + MT?
Ah! You got me. So it is. I must be tired. :-[ I was thinking of the Sunforge configuration. The Helios is a little more targeted towards a combination of Heavy Infantry and Vehicles, and it is not quite as reliable as a suicide suit against Heavy Armor (unless you can easily get behind them, that is).
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 04:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I prefer MP, MT Fusion for reliability. It'll run you...54 points? But at any rate, it doubles as a character killer, and you'll get an average of .92 pens, .17 glances on AV10 from this bad boy...slightly better if you get within six inches.

In comparison, the only other cheapish yet reliable dedicated tank buster, TA+TL fusion, will run you 55pts, is less effective at non armored targets, and gets a mere .74 pens outside of 6", increasing to about .85 within that range.

In short, If your a ML person, run a pathfinder team. The DF makes your suicide suits more reliable(honestly, I find they often get ignored because the main target is dead, and my opponent has more pressing needs), the good odds of multiple hits is much better if you're unlucky with the vehicle dmg die, or when firing at a vehicle squadron. Add in the versatility at doing some dmg to say, a carnifex or a wraithlord, and you've got yourself a very nice suit.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 09:50   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I usually run Sunforge (TL Fusion Blaster+Flamer) Monat, Deep-Striking it every time possible. It usually dies, but so does enemy hidden tank (once it even killed in one game Basilisk, Leman Russ and Chimera and survived!!!). Despite my opponents keep trying to talk me away from this tactic (saying something llike: "Statistically it will not show up/will be carried away from the table/bla/bla/bla"), I just love this fellow (thinking of painting some marks of his kills, but can't justify it - he dies every now and then after all!)
Wilhelm Erbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 11:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to firewarrior123

I thought a twin linked weapon counted as two hard poinits leaving one for a support system. i'm sure you cant take twin linked weapons and a single weapon.
firewarrior123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 12:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You can, you may have any combination of weapons and support system unless you
A: Use more than three harpoints
B: Use the same weapon 3 times
C: Have more than one of the same support system

That Sunforge is perfectly legal
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote