Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need some help
Old 20 Apr 2007, 00:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Need some help

Ok so I'm ready to get more Tauzies. I've been saving up, But i can't decide what to get. I already have FW's and an XV8 commander. I was thinking either Kroot or a Piranha.

What do you think?

MISEER MISEER

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Mr. Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 00:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Need some help

How many FWs? I think you'll need at least 24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 00:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

My greatest advise, since I'm a noob would be -> SIT DOWN and think, what army do you want? What Strategy? What would be its down sides/up sides? What would be its level of fluff coolness(Hey Its important part ;D)?

Spend like an hour of research/thinking time. Then decided and then choose what would be the best for your buck. It will be easier to help you for veterans (I'm no veteran lol don't look at me ;D ) with a choice.

Ohh and P.S. I think battle boxes (Tau battle/mega force) is A HUGE money save! If it fits your style buy one you will not regret it!

Walk Tall

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 00:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak

I would also just play a bunch of games with just your 2 FW squads and crisis commander. See what you like. If you like FW's, get the krool. Then, try to buy/proxie something like a hammerhead. Like the tanks? Expand, and get a couple pihrannas and some devilfish. Go from there.

Above all, make sure you research and experiment. Find what you like, and go from there.

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 00:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

If you can't decide, an other one XV8 can't hurt.
I have two, one of wich play as my commander, and it's the most versatile model in my army.

A devilfish is also a good thing to have. It make those FW more flexible and can keep Close Combat thirsty ennemy at bay.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 04:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I would suggest not buying the piranhas. They are more useful at higher point values.

Previous suggestions are very good, and honestly, a box of kroot would go nicely with almost any army build. Another suit is always handy though. Even if you decide to go all stealths with your elites, another shas around for an LD boost and some nifty BS5 fun is always handy.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 12:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would go for another Crisis suit followed by kroot, devilfish, Tank, stealths, prianha, pathfinders, ect. though not in that order. Also ask yourself what army you want.

Mech: go for a DF, tank, or crisis

Hybrid: DF, kroot, crisis

Static: Kroot, sniper drones, broadsides and more FWs.

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 22:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ok, So I geuss i'm geting a Devilfish. I'm going to be hybrid, So that settles a lot of things.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Old 21 Apr 2007, 00:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hey, if you need to practice or proxy some stuff to get a playstyle worked out, have your bro tell me at skoo. More than willing to play a few rounds, And if need be you can borrow some of my stuff for a game to get the hang of it or whatever.

Anyway, well you have 12 firewarriors, so I would usggest more FW's or Kroot. I personally hate Kroot, but if that's your style, go for it. Otherwise, you'll be forced to minimize your troops, and noone likes a min/maxer... unless you play combat patrol, in which case 1 Troops is great.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2007, 01:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ok. I'm going to use Kroot because I am going to battle people at the Goblin Shoppe. If one of them has Tyrinids, I'm going to suck so hard.

I would enjoy battling you, so I'll have to negociate with you and bro.(knowing him, he'll want to join) He still has only done 4 gaurdians.("Only 12 to go!! ;D")

YOUR GOING DOWN!!!! CIB,PLASMA, TA COMBO ON THE XV8 8) You know what that means.... 5 shots a 2+ to hit.

Pretty Special No?