Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000 Point Army List
Closed Thread
Old 15 Feb 2005, 22:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 1000 Point Army List

I am new to these forums (not to WH40K) and I need some help on an army I have created. It is as follows:

HQ: Shas'o Commander w/ Twin-linked plasma, Sheild, HW Target lock, and 2 Gun Drones
HQ: 2 Shas'vre Bodygaurds w/Twin-linked missiles, Fusion blaster, and 2 Gun Drones
Troops: 2 groups of 12 Fire Warriors, bonded (I may do a half-in-half Carbines and Rifles, but the Carbines dont have the range and strength, although they do have pin)
Transport: 2 Devilfish w/ Multi-tracker, Targeting array, and Disruption pod (Do Devilfish count as a Troop choice or are they bonded to the Fire Warrior team they are with?)
Heavy: Hammerhead w/ Railgun, Smart missiles, Multi-tracker, Disruption pod, Target lock, and 2 Gun Drones

Total point cost: 998

I moddled this army off of the Fish of Fury I read about (BtW Awesome Strat!) and a Crisis Suit Config on the WH40K Site. If you have any suggestions/comments please give them as it would help me out greatly.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 22:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: 1000 Point Army List

Sanctum:

Hello there

Not a bad list for a first draft. But I think you could do with a few tweaks:

HQ:

You don't really need twin-linked here. He has BS5, and will probably hit just fine without the Twinlinking. I would go for some missile pods as he can take advantage of his independent character status (assuming you drop those body guards to an elite choice). I would also move the drones elseware and simply go fire knife on this fellow.

Elites:

I would move those other two suits to the elite selection to save points, they can join later if you really want to.

Troops:

They're fine, though you need your Shas'ui upgrade. The Devilfish is part of the troop selection they were purchased for. And I would recommend all pulse rifles unless you are using a fluffy reason for the carbines. You also do not really need a targeting array on the Devilfish, not enough firepower to warrant the points, nor the disruption pod, as it should be fairly close to the enemy anyways. You could benefit from decoy launchers though.

Fast:

You could fit your gundrones into a squad of their own for the same points you've saved and move the floaters here. Not a bad option for an extra squad.

Heavy:

Solid tank of course, though the multi-tracker would be very helpful here instead of the disruption pod and gun drone upgrade. Target lock is a good deal though. If you move your points
Old 15 Feb 2005, 22:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Cudo's for using the FoF *proud* ;D, but there are some odd things in there.

HQ: Shas'o Commander w/ Twin-linked plasma, Sheild, HW Target lock, and 2 Gun Drones
too many points on a points sink commander, just settle for a nice cheap Fireknife 'El so you have more points for other suits.

HQ: 2 Shas'vre Bodygaurds w/Twin-linked missiles, Fusion blaster, and 2 Gun Drones
bodyguards actually make the commander less survivable, the Independant charcter rule is much better protection so drop them

Troops: 2 groups of 12 Fire Warriors, bonded (I may do a half-in-half Carbines and Rifles, but the Carbines dont have the range and strength, although they do have pin)
dont use carb's in the FoF firepower is more important, otherwise fine.

Transport: 2 Devilfish w/ Multi-tracker, Targeting array, and Disruption pod (Do Devilfish count as a Troop choice or are they bonded to the Fire Warrior team they are with?)
they are bought for the FW team theyre assigned to, and really all the upgrades arent worth it, Decoy Launchers are the only one you really need

Heavy: Hammerhead w/ Railgun, Smart missiles, Multi-tracker, Disruption pod, Target lock, and 2 Gun Drones
switch the DP for a DL and you'r golden (although the drones are a bit of a waste) just go for Decoy's Multi trackerand Burst cannons with the Railgun, its cheaper.

so we come out with

Shas'El
Fireknife (PR,MP,MT)
85pts

Elites
2xCrisis
Fireknife
130pts

2xCrisis
Fireknife
130pts

Crisis
Fireknife
65pts

Troops
12FW
-Bonded
-Devilfish
-Decoy Launchers
215pts

12FW
-Bonded
-Devilfish
-Decoy Launchers
215pts

Heavy Support
HH
-Railgun
-BC
-MT
-DL.

and that should be 1005pts of good ol' fashioned Dakka ;D, by dropping upgrades you get more guns in, see
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 15 Feb 2005, 22:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Reply to MalVaeuX:

Yea I see what you mean about the twin-link. I put all those drones as... um... robotic meat sheilds really. As I don't really use the Independant thing (I feel that I can support just fine without joining the unit I need to support) I probally will keep the gaurds. I just like the pod in case of opposing long range units (Don't want my fish to fry before i can use it) I will cut the Array for the Decoy. I thought about doing the shas'ui upgrade and now that I will trim it perhaps I can.

And to Dizzy:
I like the Fireknife on my Commander. I still don't see where ya'll say that gaurds cut down on survivability. I want the smart missile for the "Firing around stuff" ability. While the 5 Fireknife Crisis Suits are cool I want to keep my other Config only because that is my Septs perferred Config. And as I said to MalVaeuX, all the drones on the Commander/Gaurds are meat sheilds.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 22:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

firknife is missiles.

Shas'ui is betteryes, but just swap bonding in my ls for shas'ui (i dint know whether you cared)

you have to join a bodyguard, thats why crisis are better(and there are a lot in my list).

and fish dont fry easy, and with 4's rerolled not many one shot At weapons will kill it.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 15 Feb 2005, 23:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sanctum:

No problems as style is style. Another option though, to keep a "retinue" of sorts, while saving some points, is to take your Shas'El and drop his drones, but take a Fast Attack selection of Gundrones (any amount will due for your flavor). Some find this option undesirable, because of majority rules in 4th, but it's still a viable option for the lone hunter setups who just need to shrug off a few high powered hits and your Ld9 will hold steady through those kinds of hits. Just an option.

If anything else, get yourself some Shas'ui upgrades in your firewarriors over most other upgrades on your already expensive non-troop units. You want those troops to last as long as possible, and if you're using the Fish of Fury tac against some units, you'll want every ounce of Ld possible without an Ethereal to give you the choice.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 23:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Okay... I see why bodygaurds could limit the life of your commander. I guess I could just utilize a Gun Drone squad... What do you mean "Majority Rules"? I will go trim and polish my army and I will return and post my new one.

I'm right behind you!

Old 16 Feb 2005, 00:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Okay I am back. It took alot longer than I thought at first (Had to balance it):

HQ: Shas'o Commander w/ Fireknife config
Elite: 2 Crisis Suits w/ Modified Death Rain config (TL Missile pod, Plasma rifle, HW Multi-tracker)
Elite: 2 Crisis Suits w/ Fireknife config
Troops: 2 groups of 12 Fire Warriors w/ Shas'ui upgrade and attached Devilfish w/ Decoy launcher
Heavy: Hammerhead w/ Railgun, Smart missiles, Multi-tracker, Decoy launcher, Target lock

Total points: 1000

I am proud of this army. I can see many ways to use FoF and other strats. Thanks for the large amounts of help with this... now I just need to collect all this stuff. And come up with a color scheme. :

I'm right behind you!

Old 16 Feb 2005, 00:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sanctum:

Majority rules is a reference to the majority toughness and marjority save rules of 4th edition. Basically what it means is that taking gundrones on your commander will make all the wounds and saves of the army to match the drones for the most part. So that means, a heavy bolter will be wounding on 2's and ignoring saves, for example. Many fear this because overlapping wounds can spill into your command and bang him up real good if they're focused on too much. So it comes down to your preference and the kinds of games you play. Though if you really want the drones, I would recommend simply keeping them serperate from your commander and let him be a lone warrior type. He can accomplish more and you don't have to lose drones as wounds just to keep him alive (more efficient to send those drones off on a task somewhere).

Edit:

After seeing your new list, I was wondering about your Elite suits. You have two listed with hardwired multi-trackers, which would require two shas'vres. That's not possible though, so are you taking just one configured like that, or what? The idea of twin-linked Missile Pods and a Plasma Rifle with a hard-wired multi-tracker is very expensive though, and I would recommend a straight Fire Knife config (but don't glue your model, pin it or something, so you can chance when you feel like it later). Keeping them as an XV8 with Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle and Multi-tracker will keep them at a good cost for your firepower.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 00:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Gotcha. I kept my Commander alone. I didn't have enough points for drones so its a moot point now. But TY.

I'm right behind you!

Closed Thread