Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Codex
Old 17 Apr 2007, 13:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Tau Codex

Does anyone know will there be any new tau units or a new codex?
Shas_O Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2007, 14:00   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Tau Codex

Not for a long, long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2007, 14:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

As it is one of the newest, first all the other older Codexes would need to be updated to be (more) consistent with 4th Edition WH40k and also a new Edition of the basic Rules would have to be issued... And also that new Edition would have to have substantial changes to the Rules concerning units or their composition or their cooperation or whatsoever.

Of course new Chapter Approved may be issued and current Codex: Tau Empire options widened with them, but concluding myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Not for a long, long time...
Old 17 Apr 2007, 14:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

ya probably not for a while. the tau were the second army that games workshop worked on since the 4th edition of the rule book. my guess is that GW is gonna redo or add onto every army they have (which they seem to be doing) and might even add a new one if they feel like then re redo the rules and rulebook for the 5th time. after that then gw would probably add some new stuff to the tau.

i would guess most likely new drones, suits, and mercanaries just like they did last time with the adding of the sniper drones and vespid and the upgrade of the stealth teams. these seem like the only places that gw can improve upon without dramatically changing the tau.

the tau has a fairly small selection of figures in comparison with other armies like the space marines, imperial guard, orks, and eldar so there is plenty of room for improvement.

if I'm correct then GW only has to work on the dark eldar, the orks, the necron, the chaos marines, and finish up the space marines and right now GW has been around for a little over 10 years (i think) and their on their 4th revision of the 40K rule book so new tau could come out in about..........2 and 1/2 years at the earliest if ever.

if you really really cant wait for new tau take a look at forge world (even though i don't think they have any ideas for any new tau either :P )
cruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2007, 16:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

You might have better luck waiting for Forgeworld to make some new Tau stuff. Though they have already created quite a bit, and have released a Tau specific book. But if your looking for more Tau stuff, deffinatly take a look at what Forgeworld has to offer.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 19:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Forgeworld is so tempting for me. I would absolutly love to get a Barracuda, but if the $125 Price tag wasn't enough, I'd still need to buy the Taros campaign rules... arrgh.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 21:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruton
GW has been around for a little over 10 years (i think) and their on their 4th revision of the 40K rule book so new tau could come out in about..........2 and 1/2 years at the earliest if ever.
Closer to 30

A new Tau codex is quite a way off. I'd guess 4-6 years just based on the current trends and patterns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote