Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

"Vesa" List
Closed Thread
Old 14 Feb 2005, 17:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default "Vesa" List

On a bet with my friends, I had to come up with a 1500pt list that would have at least three squads of "vesa's" without hurting the firepower of the Tau.* He thinks it sucks, I think it's fine...what do you think?* Does it have enough power to hold the tau in high esteem?

HQ:
Shas'el Au'nat: Plasma Rifle, Rocket Pod, Sheild Gen, Hw Mutli-tracker - 110pts

Elites:
Crisis Team: 3 Shas'ui with Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Multi-Tracker, Bonded - 193pts

Troops:
2 x Fire Warriors: 11 Shas'la with Pulse Rifle
* * * * * * * * * * * * 1 Shas'ui with Pulse Rifle, Bonded
* * * * * * * * * * * * Devilfish with Burst Cannon, Drones, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher
* * * * * * * * * * * * 2 Seeker Missiles* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - 510pts

2 x Auxillary Team: 5 Gue'vesa'la with Lasgun
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *2 Gue'vesa'la with Pulse Rifle
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *1 Gue'vesa'ui with Lasgun, Marker Light - 148pts

Fast Attack:
Drone Squadron: 6 Kor'vesa with TL Pulse Carbine - 72

Heavy Support:
Broadside Team: 1 Shas'ui Team Leaader with TL Railgun, TL Plasma Rifle, Multi-Tracker,
* * * * * * * * * * * * Hw Drone Cont, 2 Shiled Drones
* * * * * * * * * * * * 2 Shas'ui with TL Railgun, Smart Missiles, Target Locks, Bonded - 282
Hammerhead: Railgun, Smart Missiles, Targetting Array, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launchers,
* * * * * * * * * * 1 Seeker Missile - 185pts

Total: 1500

Now, before you bash, let me explain:
1) I had to take 3 units with the word "vesa" in it (human aux and drones)

2) I was going to put each Aux squad with EMP Grenades, but they got a little pricey...so their role is to use their marker lights and send 5 seeker missiles to some targets before they get slaughtered!

...lol...I also find it ironic that while the Aux's are truding through the mud, the Tau are travelling in style with Devilfishes and Jetpacks!*
Old 14 Feb 2005, 18:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: "Vesa" List

Break up the Crisis team into 3 separate Monats.* You'll never have to roll for leadership if one dies to a missile and you save 10 points from the bonding.* I'd make them all Fire Knife as well.* *I'd drop the BS team and get another hammerhead.*

With the points returned to the pool.* I'd*make your suits all Fire Knife.* Take 2 more Drones to fill out the squad, get 8 more Auxies to fill out the squads (Markerlights don't work if the teams get wiped out).* That leaves you with 23 odd points remaining, which you can use to give your commander a hard-wired drone controller and 2 gundrones for more carbine blasting or change a weapon layout on a Monat to tank hunt or what have you.

I like the list idea though.* It makes for a challenging list, but you've got all the elements of the Tau there with mobility.* The Auxies are static, but they are holding the line and marking targets (and possibly drawing fire, but I doubt it.* None of my opponents have ever spent a bullet on the Auxies when there are still Crisis suits or FWs on the field).
Old 14 Feb 2005, 20:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawshis
I like the list idea though.* It makes for a challenging list, but you've got all the elements of the Tau there with mobility.* The Auxies are static, but they are holding the line and marking targets (and possibly drawing fire, but I doubt it.* None of my opponents have ever spent a bullet on the Auxies when there are still Crisis suits or FWs on the field).
...lol...yes, your quite right about Auxs drawing fire. As for the mobility and the Broadsides, the only reason why I took them was because they would hide behind a squad of Auxs and fire away!
Old 14 Feb 2005, 20:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawshis
Break up the Crisis team into 3 separate Monats. You'll never have to roll for leadership if one dies to a missile and you save 10 points from the bonding. I'd make them all Fire Knife as well. I'd drop the BS team and get another hammerhead.

With the points returned to the pool. I'd make your suits all Fire Knife. Take 2 more Drones to fill out the squad, get 8 more Auxies to fill out the squads (Markerlights don't work if the teams get wiped out). That leaves you with 23 odd points remaining, which you can use to give your commander a hard-wired drone controller and 2 gundrones for more carbine blasting or change a weapon layout on a Monat to tank hunt or what have you.

I like the list idea though. It makes for a challenging list, but you've got all the elements of the Tau there with mobility. The Auxies are static, but they are holding the line and marking targets (and possibly drawing fire, but I doubt it. None of my opponents have ever spent a bullet on the Auxies when there are still Crisis suits or FWs on the field).
pretty much agree exept that I'd make them EMP units and 4 of them, theyre only 56points ;D
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 14 Feb 2005, 20:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygamer
pretty much agree exept that I'd make them EMP units and 4 of them, theyre only 56points ;D
*Insert Buzzer Here* Wrong! The min. squad size is 6, not 4...
Old 14 Feb 2005, 20:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

whoops, must have it the wrong way round, still cant be that expensive and its EMP that will likely be overlooked whel the flashy stuff comes soaring in ;D
go here
Old 14 Feb 2005, 20:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

6pts/model...+3pts Emp/model...times 6 models....AAAAGGGHGHHHH!!! I hate math...anyways, yah...it'll come to 54pts/model (without all that encalve stuff...just normal Auxs)
Old 14 Feb 2005, 21:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

you would really pay for rk fighter on a suicide squad? :P

"die for your emperor! the greater good!!!"
go here
Old 14 Feb 2005, 21:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygamer
"die for your emperor! the greater good!!!"
...lol...Right on! ;D Someone like me who has little interest wether or not a Human Aux team survives!!! ^-^
Also, I don't bother putting ork fighter on my Human Aux unless they are like 12 strong...then maybe...but I doubt it...Humans are meant to die, and the Commanders of the IG know that too...
"Oh look, sir! A Chaos Dreadnaught is coming towards us! Shall we open fire?...C-c-ch-charge it? REALLY?...yes sir no sir yes sir..."
{Last Translation of "Peewee" Johnson, radio operator of the 143 Fell Hawkes Platton}
Old 14 Feb 2005, 21:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

12 strong? thats spending a crisis suit on ork fighter upgrades for crappy kroot ;D
go here
Closed Thread