Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis weapons
Old 09 Apr 2007, 16:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to rtjones
Default Crisis weapons

I am going to perchuse a battle suit commander in the near future and i have no idea what weapons and wargear to give him can someone please give me some tips on choosing Battle suit weapons.
rtjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 16:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: crisis weapons

For mine, I use a Cyclic Ion Blaster, as it is of the best use on a commander, a missile pod, a Burst cannon or Fusion Blaster, and a multi-tracker. I use him against large nid swarms. Just so you know,

Burst cannon=Gatling Gun
Missile pod=if you need help on this, then you really need help with your eyes
cyclic Ion= the big, metal gun that is in one peice
multi tracker= the polygon-with-an-antenna-sticking-up-&-back
Fusion Blaster=big rectangular gun with a cylinder sticking oout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 16:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace cipher zer0
For mine, I use a Cyclic Ion Blaster, as it is of the best use on a commander, a missile pod, a Burst cannon or Fusion Blaster, and a multi-tracker. I use him against large nid swarms. Just so you know,

Burst cannon=Gatling Gun
Missile pod=if you need help on this, then you really need help with your eyes
cyclic Ion= the big, metal gun that is in one peice
multi tracker= the polygon-with-an-antenna-sticking-up-&-back
Fusion Blaster=big rectangular gun with a cylinder sticking oout
Thanks but can you please tell me what all the weapon systems are good for and if possible their pros and cons.
Old 09 Apr 2007, 17:06   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well, i can answer those questions

Burst cannon - Basically swarms or anyone with 5+ saves, it's got 3 shots, so if you get a few suits with them you can lay down considerable firepower.

Con: I personally don't use burstcannons on my battlesuits, as my fire warrior pack all the S:5 AP: 5 Weapons i need, so this weapon on a battlesuit is a rare sight.

Missile pod - This weapon gets 2 shots, at AP4, so you could use it to kill say, genestealers and such with 4+ save, or you could use it's S:7 to pop light vehicles (Rhinos carrying Khorne Berserkers are my favourite use of this weapon)

Con: This weapon isn't the most reliable at taking out light vehicle, while it can do it, i wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket if you know what i mean.

Cyclonic Ion Blaster - While i personally just finished assembling my Commander, i haven't tested this weapon yet, but from a paper look i can tell it owns vs anything with a 4+ save or worse, and it can also hurt some 2+-3+ save people if you get a 6 or two on the wound dice.

Con: This weapon has S:3, so it will sometimes have trouble wounding.. remember to keep that in mind.

Multi Tracker - Well, this isn't a weapon, it's a support system. Normally Battlesuits can only fire 1 weapon in the shooting phase, with this support system, they can fire two. I use this upgrade all the time, quite common

Con: Con? Since this thing can be hard wired, i see no con with it. ;D

Fusion Blaster - Perhaps my favourite Battlesuit weapon. This is S:8 AP:1, and is melta, meaning if it's within 6" of a vehicle, you get 2 D 6 + 8 for armour penetration, handy isn't it? It's also awesome for killing.. well ANYTHING.

Con: This thing has 12 inch range, kinda close for tau's comfort, so unless you are against normal infantry you may get your suit assaulted the next turn, so watch out!

Well, hope this helps
Old 09 Apr 2007, 17:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def3nd3r
Well, i can answer those questions

Burst cannon - Basically swarms or anyone with 5+ saves, it's got 3 shots, so if you get a few suits with them you can lay down considerable firepower.

Con: I personally don't use burstcannons on my battlesuits, as my fire warrior pack all the S:5 AP: 5 Weapons i need, so this weapon on a battlesuit is a rare sight.

Missile pod - This weapon gets 2 shots, at AP4, so you could use it to kill say, genestealers and such with 4+ save, or you could use it's S:7 to pop light vehicles (Rhinos carrying Khorne Berserkers are my favourite use of this weapon)

Con: This weapon isn't the most reliable at taking out light vehicle, while it can do it, i wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket if you know what i mean.

Cyclonic Ion Blaster - While i personally just finished assembling my Commander, i haven't tested this weapon yet, but from a paper look i can tell it owns vs anything with a 4+ save or worse, and it can also hurt some 2+-3+ save people if you get a 6 or two on the wound dice.

Con: This weapon has S:3, so it will sometimes have trouble wounding.. remember to keep that in mind.

Multi Tracker - Well, this isn't a weapon, it's a support system. Normally Battlesuits can only fire 1 weapon in the shooting phase, with this support system, they can fire two. I use this upgrade all the time, quite common

Con: Con? Since this thing can be hard wired, i see no con with it. ;D

Fusion Blaster - Perhaps my favourite Battlesuit weapon. This is S:8 AP:1, and is melta, meaning if it's within 6" of a vehicle, you get 2 D 6 + 8 for armour penetration, handy isn't it? It's also awesome for killing.. well ANYTHING.

Con: This thing has 12 inch range, kinda close for tau's comfort, so unless you are against normal infantry you may get your suit assaulted the next turn, so watch out!

Well, hope this helps
Nice and thanks a million, youre great. could some one please do this for the plasma rifle.
Old 09 Apr 2007, 18:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Plamsa rifle=anti-meq and teq. with an AP of 2 it and str 6 it can easilty rip through even termies. Plus unlike the imperial plasma guns ours does not over heat injuring the user. Also because of its str 6 it can insta kill weaker opponents like Guardsmen officers. It is a rapid fire weapon so it gets 2 shots at anything within 12" or one shot up to 24" when stationary, but because of the crisis suit rules it always counts as stationary even when moving so you always get the 2 at 12" or 1 at 24".

con: really there is no con except its expensive like 20points or something like that but its well worth it depending on your oppenent.

if you are fighting marines a fusion and a plasma on a suit means a whole lot of dead marines termies.
ZaruTal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 18:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I was thinking of giving my battle suit commander a burtcannon and a plasma rifle with a multy tracker. Would that be good since I am probally going to play against my freind most who plays as imperial guard.
Old 09 Apr 2007, 18:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The plasma rifle (PR) is pretty straight forwards: It kills marines. It has a very good chance to wound them, and just plain ignores their armour. But it's not cheap. It's the most expensive weapon, alongside the airbursting fragmentation projector, that a crisis suit can buy. You either want a crisis suit with a targetting array or a markerlighted target as the weapon only shoots once at up to 24".

And well, i can give you the two last weapons too.

The airbursting fragmentation projector (AFP) is a quite peculiar weapon. it has the power of a bolter, but it has a Large Blast plate (pie plate). And it scatters. It's an absolute killer against hordearmies, like a troop heavy guard, tyranids or orks. But be aware that you MIGHT be unlucky enough to hit your own troops, as it has a quite short range, and if firing from say, behind a building, it might scatter a whopping 12", if i remember correctly. But on the plus side, it totally ignores cover. Eldar has some pesky units called a ranger, or pathfinder or some such. They have some equipment which lets them add +2 to their coversave. So they can actually gain a 2+ coversave. Better than terminators armour! BUT! With this nice little weapon you can just ignore that and SPLAT! they're gone!
Contrary to the PR you want a as low as possible ballistic skill of your firer as possible, as this weapon hits depending on the scatter dices (dies?). So upgrade a Crisis Suit to Shas'vre status, and start killing those unenlightened guardsmen!

And lastly the humble Flamer (F). I have yet to see a real use of this. it's mostly used as a requirementfiller when people fields crisis suits with twinlinked missilepods (they're called deathrains).
But it's cheap, and a decent defensive weapon when you just can't escape from those assault guys. But not really a useable weapon.

Edit--
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones
I was thinking of giving my battle suit commander a burtcannon and a plasma rifle with a multy tracker. Would that be good since I am probally going to play against my freind most who plays as imperial guard.
I would personally switch the plasmarifle for a cyclic ion blaster as it's low strength doesn't really mean anything against guard. with that combo your commander throws out a whoppin 8 shots at 18"!
Old 09 Apr 2007, 18:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Its very much up to you, but yes that probably would be fine. With the burst you could rip through gaurdsmen and the plasma would kill his officers no problem.
ZaruTal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 01:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

the cyclic ion blaster is best for IG cos its got AP enuff to kill straight off infantry no probs plus 5 shots which means a good number of dead gaurdsmen. i gave mien aplasma rifle as well cos thats probably the best weapon, low ap with good rate of fire wot more do u want ??
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote