Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What makes Tau fun for you?
Old 08 Apr 2007, 03:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default What makes Tau fun for you?

Well what and also what do you like about them the most? So
a: Why are they fun?
b. What is you favorite element of the army?
Old 08 Apr 2007, 03:36   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: What makes Tau fun for you?

Well, I love tau for many reasons

In most FPS's and games like that, i use the sniper, or any long ranged weapon, or medival times the bow, i'm the ranged type, and Tau caters to that very well

I also like their fluff, fighting for the greater good, and their killing tactics

And Gameplay - I love their weapons, their looks, and their technology. And of course that 30" basic gun, I love Tau ;D

My favourite element of them so far is their firepower, Railguns, S:5 AP:5 guns out the wazzoo, and i'm soon to try out the Cyclic Ion Blaster and Airbursting Fragmentation Projecter (As i've just bought the commander box today, can't wait to have him fully assembled)
Old 08 Apr 2007, 03:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm the only tau player at my store(soon to change), so I like how nobody expects them. They have a nice mix of mobility, armor, and firepower.
They are very costomizable, and easy and fun to paint.

Favorite element? Jump-Shoot-Jump. Frustrating to no end, particularly stealthsuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 03:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Comm_Nagrom

well I can answer quite precisely

A: I find Tau fun because of the great modeling opportunities, Tau have some of the coolest looking mini's in the whole 40k range

B: The best part about the Tau would have to be their cool XV battle suits, they come in so many cool types and variants
Also I like their army Layout, I love Anime (specifically Anime with GIANT robots) so their battlesuits really appeal to my sense of Anime goodness
Lastly, I love their back story, the fact that they came up from being basically just primitive creatures to being intelligent, pulse wielding aliens in something like a couple hundred years, thats crazy!!
Old 08 Apr 2007, 04:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I originally chose them because they were new, shiny, and aesthetically, the clean lines appealed to me.

I stuck with them because they were a blast to play, and definitely specialized tactically, instead of being a jack of all trades army. Not to mention, the goodish aspect of the fluff apeals to me as well.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 04:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti

I originally came to WH40K after a long stint of playing Fantasy, and I was tired of painting an army with medival style garb and weapons, and the strong sci-fi look of the Tau drew me to them. The strong, smooth lines of the vehicles and drones, the light, mobile nature of the troops, and the vast array of ranged weapons was exactly what I was looking for. The array of modeling opportunities has given me more chances to explore the character of the models than I had previously, and it's one of the things I really enjoy about the Tau.

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Kiznti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 06:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A) People bash them for it, but I love their naivety. I think the back of both codices sum it for me: "The one constant in the universe is change, the wise adapt. Believe in our destiny." and "The Tau believe the very stars themselves will be reforged in the cause of the Greater Good." They're so idealistic - I'm willing to lend my strength to their endeavor.

B) KROOOOOTTTTTT! They eat people! It's awesome! Also, my girlfriend loves them and paints them, so how can I not think they're amazing?
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 07:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxlover_bill369
a: Why are they fun?
Lots of high strength, long range guns, ;D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxlover_bill369
b. What is you favorite element of the army?
Their look, both as individual models, and as a whole army (their just so sexy, :-*).
Old 08 Apr 2007, 07:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

A&B) The mechanization. I love the vehicles and how easy they are to use. IMO the only other army that can match us for mobility is Eldar but they cost bung loads more point wise. I commonly field 2 fish with 12FW each, 2 ionheads, 2 FB phiranna, 6 stealth, and 3 suits. Using mech tau is like watching a tsunami come crashing down on a rock battering it to pieces. If it breaks on the rock it just falls back to sea and reforms. ROCK ON MECH TAU
ZaruTal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 13:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i love the mobility and the fluff..
the suits and ability to field 4+ invunerable units is cool too ;D

sigged by DRobot

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying". -Oscar Wilde

"When it comes to thought, some people stop at nothing".-unknown

"we're not retreating; we're advancing in another direction"-General Douglas MacArthur
Grey Knight is offline   Reply With Quote