Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is the Farsight enclave a good choice for an army?
View Poll Results: Is the Farsight enclave a good choice for an Army
yes 1 5.56%
no 5 27.78%
in some ways 10 55.56%
in most ways 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 12 Feb 2005, 18:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411
Default Is the Farsight enclave a good choice for an army?

Ive have seen off the post and replies that their are Enclave players and I have an Tau army based off the capt Farsight color scheme so i was wondering if its a good idea to be an enclave player
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 12 Feb 2005, 20:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: Is the Farsight enclave a good choice for an army?

Reasons to take a Farsight army;

Farsight himself is a terrifyingly awesome character
tau warriors become decent at close combat

Reasons to forego Farsight;

Limited numbers of hh, kroot, and others, + no ethereals.

Basically, if you really love to ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!!, don't want to be one of those weak commanders who merely rely on *gasp* their TECHNOLOGY to win, don't mind the limited numbers of units he can take, and love fire warriors, (because of the limits, it's almost gauranteed to be the core unit of your army) go for it.

I've never used him myself. Remember all those units that are "limited"? I love almost all of them. I'm one of those commanders who loves the big guns, some of the best technology in the galaxy, and holds a general disdain for close up fighting without "strategy" and "tactics" Don't get me wrong, you'll still need tactics to win with any army, just a different sort.

Try him out, be aggressive, and see if you like him. Anything anyone tells you here won't be your opinion; you just need to find out for yourself whether or not he's your style.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 23:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

There's this salesman at my local hobby shop who claims that special characters are bad for any army. He says you should create your own characters, and it probably is best. But Farsight does make games more interesting (especially when you use the Codex: Farsight Enclave rules). Everyone has their own strategy and their own opinions. For instance, I like Aun'Shi and Gun Drones. Most Tau players can be found bashing these units.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 01:26   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah i play enclave, and its pretty cool, especially when you get into the fluff and stuff like that. Its like a rebel tau group with a renegade leader. Cool. Ork fighter's a pretty decent ability also. If you like tau but want to differ from the standard tau army, then this is an excellent alternative.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 06:38   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Umm.. Enclave sucks becuase i need multiple Hammerheads, and also ork fighter sucks it should be ork shooter as tau are clearly not made for CC, its says it in the codex. (game wise and fluff-wise)
Old 13 Feb 2005, 10:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutZERO187
Umm.. Enclave sucks becuase i need multiple Hammerheads, and also ork fighter sucks it should be ork shooter as tau are clearly not made for CC, its says it in the codex.* (game wise and fluff-wise)
What? Should be Ork Shooter? Even when Farsights fluff states Farsights armies train heavily in hand to hand. This is also extremely fluffy as it is original, making Farsight armies some of the best fluff wise for the Tau and rather interesting game wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! That’s the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 13 Feb 2005, 17:39   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah but the codex says FW are not gifted with h2h abilities in any way, also only having 1 hh sucks
Old 13 Feb 2005, 17:49   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutZERO187
yeah but the codex says FW are not gifted with h2h abilities in any way, also only having 1 hh sucks
That's the main empire's veiw. The fluff for why the Farsighters go into CC more often is simple: they have combatted the orks more, and as such, realsie that Close Quaters Combat is virtually a certianty. Farsight gets that as a fluff-based bonus that in the right hands is deadly.

BTW, Ork Shooter... EVERY Tau has it! It's called a gun!
Old 13 Feb 2005, 18:07   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

god it was a joke maybe farsight should hit ork on a 3+ in shooting that is hehe
Old 13 Feb 2005, 20:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

farsight is fine if you dont mind the limitations, one HH really stings and kroot are indispensable but some people dont mind it, these are the enclave players, Aun'shi however is absolute trash, noone will contest that, he's a horrible excuse for a special character when the only thing he's good at is getting FW killed :P, O shovah is a beast however but limits the army selection quite a bit (not that anyone misses the gundrones :P)
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Closed Thread