Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help vs. Chaos at 500pts
Old 07 Apr 2007, 18:11   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Help vs. Chaos at 500pts

I've been playing a few games against my friend who uses chaos, and the score is 2-1 to him. i'm finding his army hard to beat and with only 500pts to spend its hard to get any sort of low AP fire power into my list without making it totaly unbalanced. Any ideas?
Old 07 Apr 2007, 20:56   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Help vs. Chaos at 500pts

Start off with what his list normally looks like and what models you have available. Chaos is an extremely variable list, and we need to have a better sense of how he is using it before we can give you much useful advice.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 03:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Screw totally unbalanced...just take two ionheads. With decent amount of AP1-3 tau absolutely destroys chaos, especially in low point games. Odds are he's got relatively few units so you can fit a decent Shas'El, two hammerheads and two small troop choices into a 500pt list without a problem, and honestly, he just wont be able to keep up. The only thing he could possibly take that would threaten you is a havok squad.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 10:10   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i want to use as many models as i can that i already own, which is only a unit of fire warriors, kroot and shas'el (hence the 500 point games but he'll allow me to substitute some units. Do you think kroot are worth taking, i have had good experience with them. 17shots killing 2 terminators in the first turn of our last game!!
Old 08 Apr 2007, 16:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah, by all means, I love some kroot. You've gotta take a suit and a team of FW, them being 1+ units, so your current force is just fine for starters. Just add in other models to sub. Honestly, anything with ap 1-3 is going to help you a lot, and dont worry about pinning(on this topic, rifles own carbines). If they don't get their armor save, chaos dies quite rapidly.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 14:22   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I had 3 games yesterday, i won 2 lost 1.

ionheads are MEQ gods!!! sniper teams for 80 points top notch.

i love the combinations you can aplly with markerlights, at one point his marines were in +4 cover, so i used 2 markerlights to reduce their cover save to 6+, shot with the ion cannon all 3 hit,wound and kill!!!