Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Megaforce, Heres hoping!
Old 07 Apr 2007, 00:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to adman101
Default Megaforce, Heres hoping!

Hi, im begging my mum to let me get a Megaforce set and am really looking forward to it, i really want to experience the power of the tau, i love the models, tanks, Piranhas... The megaforce set costs 100 and im preparing to blow it all on tau... Do you think its better in the long run? Ive been trying to convince my mum because i wont need much else, i would have 2 Troop choices (could do with more), and it will be easy to convert a devilfish with the Hammerhead sprues, EG. Give one the Ion Cannon, and one the railgun...

Personally i think it would be better in the long run, hope you see it from my point of veiw...

Cheers
Adam
Old 07 Apr 2007, 00:32   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Megaforce, Heres hoping!

Yes. No question. The large boxed sets are always a better deal in the long run, especially now that the Tau sets more closely correspond to a strong mechanized army. With no Kroot or Vespids, you are likely to use all of the models they give you in every battle, making it a great place to start.

You can add up the costs of all the boxes individually, and you should be able to show your mother how much of a deal it really is. According to the website, you are basically saving 50 over the cost of buying them all over time.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2007, 01:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

If your mom's comfortable with online shopping, a discount retailer will save you another 15-20% off the lot. Really, its a very solid deal all told.

Warhammer is a game where there is always something new and shiny that you want, but with the megaforce, you'll at least have everything you really need to play decently sized games.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2007, 01:09   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to adman101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Yes. No question. The large boxed sets are always a better deal in the long run, especially now that the Tau sets more closely correspond to a strong mechanized army. With no Kroot or Vespids, you are likely to use all of the models they give you in every battle, making it a great place to start.

You can add up the costs of all the boxes individually, and you should be able to show your mother how much of a deal it really is. According to the website, you are basically saving 50 over the cost of buying them all over time.
I added it all up and you save 58, thanks for seeing it from my point of veiw, im going to my local store tommorow and i will show her what you get, she will see it from my point of veiw eventually. She said that she would let me buy the Battleforce set, then she would get all the extras for the megaforce set, i said no because they would cost over 100 extra and i really dont want her to do that, im going to say that it is the middle of the year and i dont need money for a while, what with school and alsorts i wont need any money until summer, so really its sort of a win win situation, my mum benefits from buying over 100 extra and i benefit from buying it all in the megaforce set.

And a reply to the Other reply, my mum isnt ok with buying online so... I cant really do that idea
Old 07 Apr 2007, 02:10   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris

I added it all up and you save 58, thanks for seeing it from my point of veiw, im going to my local store tommorow and i will show her what you get, she will see it from my point of veiw eventually. She said that she would let me buy the Battleforce set, then she would get all the extras for the megaforce set, i said no because they would cost over 100 extra and i really dont want her to do that, im going to say that it is the middle of the year and i dont need money for a while, what with school and alsorts i wont need any money until summer, so really its sort of a win win situation, my mum benefits from buying over 100 extra and i benefit from buying it all in the megaforce set.

And a reply to the Other reply, my mum isnt ok with buying online so... I cant really do that idea
\

Hehe, parents, aren't they awesome when your broke ? ;D