Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Do Pathfinders Need More Love?
Closed Thread
Old 11 Feb 2005, 23:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Do Pathfinders Need More Love?

I think that pathfinders aren't really all that good, but I love them. I personally feel that the pathfinders could do with some more lovin' and be given an enhanced somithing in cover. My friends and I flung around a few ideas like giving them the 'stealth armor' rule when in cover, to reflect their sneakyness. Anyone think that this might be a change for the better for the most underloved 40k race?

PS: WTH are squats? and why would they be angry at not being included in 40k?

www.tylor.com
Old 12 Feb 2005, 00:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Do Pathfinders Need More Love?

Huh?* ???

Pathfinders are used to scout ahead and pick out targets for commanders..hence the fact that they carry markerlights and a devilfish to move them around...it is not in their nature to be in the thick of the fighting, but to hide behind their devilfish using their markerlights to the fullest extent.* With a Devilfish hanging around, one could come to believe that there will be no room for "sneakyness"

And the stealth armor is reserved for stealth suits, whereas the suits are built to be in the thickness of the fight.

I also believe that the tau is fine the way they are, and there will not be any drastic changes in the forecoming future...

And out of curiousity, what tactics are you using with your pathfinders? Later days*
Old 12 Feb 2005, 01:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I could see them having some equivelent of Cammouflage, like IG does, so that they can deploy differently for hidden set up...which doesn't really exist anymore.

I think they could be 15pts each, but I'm not sweating it. You have 8 guys, upgrade 2 to have rail rifles (TL or not) and then the remaining six can marker light for six different crisis suits, a whole team of XV15s, all you heavies...whatever. If the enemy wants to waste time going after than, that's one less unit you have to worry about.

I think a team of Path finders with EMP grenades and 2 rail rifles is a mean set up and a very versitile unit.
3) Tau are a team: Stick together.

[size=8pt]40k v4.0 FAQs[/size]
[size=8pt]official Rail Rifle rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Forge World Rules and Models[/size]
[size=8pt]Crisis Configurations[/size]
[size=8pt]Gue'vesa: Tau Human Auxiliary rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Mechanized Tau Tactica[/size]
[size=8pt]TauOnline Tactica[/size]
Old 12 Feb 2005, 07:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Warbird Send a message via MSN to Warbird

I think that they are fine the way they are. And I find the rail rifle quite usefull in may situations.

I am a ordinary person living a extrodinary life
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/
Not as good as pron but it's damned close
http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com/
Poke'em in the eye
Old 12 Feb 2005, 07:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by AunLa
I could see them having some equivelent of Cammouflage, like IG does, so that they can deploy differently for hidden set up...which doesn't really exist anymore.

I think they could be 15pts each, but I'm not sweating it. You have 8 guys, upgrade 2 to have rail rifles (TL or not) and then the remaining six can marker light for six different crisis suits, a whole team of XV15s, all you heavies...whatever. If the enemy wants to waste time going after than, that's one less unit you have to worry about.

I think a team of Path finders with EMP grenades and 2 rail rifles is a mean set up and a very versitile unit.
i agree. but i don't use em, i prefer to twinlink my crisis weapons.
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 12 Feb 2005, 20:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

for their points cost, I could just take another unit of what I'm using the markerlight for. However, seeing as to how I've never really given them a chance... next battle I'll use em.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 23:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, give'em a try. Designate a unit of DF mounted FCWs as PFs for a game or three - see what you think. That bonus move is after both sides finish deploying, so it can make enemy deployment all off if you do it right; then rolls for who goes first. I like to keep thier DF cheap and definitely equipped with Flechettes for suicide runs when things get to crunch time. Ususally these guys get way deep by turn three, making a swing wide to the enemy weak flank. Then I just light things up.
3) Tau are a team: Stick together.

[size=8pt]40k v4.0 FAQs[/size]
[size=8pt]official Rail Rifle rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Forge World Rules and Models[/size]
[size=8pt]Crisis Configurations[/size]
[size=8pt]Gue'vesa: Tau Human Auxiliary rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Mechanized Tau Tactica[/size]
[size=8pt]TauOnline Tactica[/size]
Old 12 Feb 2005, 23:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
PS: WTH are squats? and why would they be angry at not being included in 40k?
Back in the good 'ol days before Necrons and Tau, before Heavy Support was a common sight, there was a race called the squats. They didn't have heavy, didn't sell, and so instead of updating them to give them heavy, GW decided to say they all died out. That's all I know.

Dude, Del's 40K vs. Pokémon was a comedy. That was one of the jokes. Squats are the opposite of wise.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 01:48   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

never have, never will use pathfinders. over and out.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 05:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have 19 Pathfinders I don't use.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Closed Thread