Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis suit kills lictor & FW almost takes down Hive Tyrant
Old 03 Apr 2007, 01:24   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Crisis suit kills lictor & FW almost takes down Hive Tyrant

Last game against nids my monat AFP suit got charged by a Lictor and after 2 turns of combat took down the beastie. Even better if it happened was that his 2+ Winged Hive Tyrant was softned on the way in and unfortuatly had 2 wounds left (it made 2 6+ invuls) when it got to my FW. The last FW actually put a wound on the Tyrant. I would have loved it if the Tyrant only had 1 wound left and the FW actually killed it. Oh well it was still good to watch.
Falconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 04:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Crisis suit kills lictor & FW almost takes down Hive Tyrant

Had a pathfinder squad polish off the last assault marine in a squadron, wound the chaplain, and keep them locked in melee for four turns in my last game. All this was in CC, naturally.

My favorite, however, was when a lone fw meleed a squad of three termies to death, earning an extremely disproportionate amount of vps for me. Abeit with utterly improbable dice rolls.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 04:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739

nice job its cool to hear when Tau get lucky and manage to take down your oponents prized unit in a lucky CC round for you.

I have also done this with O'Shovah vs. a demon Prince my very first game so long ago.... ill never forget that

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
AvalonSurfer739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 04:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Heh, I play my Slannesh buddy very frequently. I detail a unit of kroot to kill his demon prince, which they routinely are successful at, mostly via shooting it to bits. =P

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 04:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
Heh, I play my Slannesh buddy very frequently. I detail a unit of kroot to kill his demon prince, which they routinely are successful at, mostly via shooting it to bits. =P
haha im sure his reaction to that is along the lines of "DAM YOUR STUPID KROOT!"

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
AvalonSurfer739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 04:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonSurfer739
haha im sure his reaction to that is along the lines of "DAM YOUR STUPID KROOT!"
But to even it all out, Avalon is like "oh God, please Kroot, don't eat the prince. That would be bad."
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 05:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonSurfer739
But to even it all out, Avalon is like "oh God, please Kroot, don't eat the prince. That would be bad."
Slaneshi tainted Kroot? Uh oh...

Well, let's see here.... here's one for the books:

3 man strong Firewarrior squad gets charged by a lone Terminator Seargant. He kills 2, but is then poked in the eye by the remaning Shas'ui. That should teach the son of a gun not to wear a helmet.

I swear, if all Marines wore helmets, I have a feeling they would survive a lot more often..

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 05:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke

Slaneshi tainted Kroot? Uh oh...
It happened in the debut of the tau White dwarf. Anyway had a Hive Tyrant take out 2 dreadnoughts with a venom cannon. VCs can only score glancing hits at best. I do that almost every game I play.

The all consuming Y he are beyond the teachings of the Tau va And we Y he are proud of it

Lictor, Lictor, in a tree,
Stupid humans can't see me,
Reach out quick and cut one down,
See the rest all run around.
Quickly kill the last in line,
Hear the rest all squeal like swine.
Cut and slash and hack and slice,
Welcome to my paradise.
Lictor, Lictor in a tree,
No one's left to search for me.
Evisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 08:40   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hee! It's always good when Tau take something down in CC. I remember the time when my Shas'El took out a Chaos Lord and his retinue single-handed after being charged. Happy days.
Old 03 Apr 2007, 14:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to halohog

Reminds me of a battle i had not so long ago with an eldar guy. I was forced to charge a Dark Reaper squad with a Shas'O as it was the only thing left and the exarch's tempest launcher was really getting on my nerves, as it had reduced two squads to one man which had both then run off the table. First turn knocked one of the wounds from the Shas'O, and the fight went on for four turns of *roll - "missed" - roll - roll - roll - "damn 3+ armour saves!"* and sudenly culminated in the Shas'o striking down one of three reapers, leaving the exarch and one reaper, who ran off, but then they regrouped - amazingly - and knocked all but one of the remaining wounds off the shas'o, who returned fire and slagged the pair of them, finishing the game with one one-wound Shas'o sitting on the table wondering where his dropship was.

That was annoying, but i saw my fire warriors lose just two of twelve to a necron attack last week, and they ran off, regrouped, then with the rest of the army wiped this final squad of Necrons clean off the battlefield, except for the lord, who phased out. That was fun.

By the way, Evisser, love the poem in the sig. Did you write that yourself or did you just find it somewhere?