Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online (http://forums.tauonline.org/)
-   Tau (http://forums.tauonline.org/tau/)
-   -   Crisis suit kills lictor & FW almost takes down Hive Tyrant (http://forums.tauonline.org/tau/36002-crisis-suit-kills-lictor-fw-almost-takes-down-hive-tyrant.html)

Falconrider 03 Apr 2007 01:24

Crisis suit kills lictor & FW almost takes down Hive Tyrant

Last game against nids my monat AFP suit got charged by a Lictor and after 2 turns of combat took down the beastie. Even better if it happened was that his 2+ Winged Hive Tyrant was softned on the way in and unfortuatly had 2 wounds left (it made 2 6+ invuls) when it got to my FW. The last FW actually put a wound on the Tyrant. I would have loved it if the Tyrant only had 1 wound left and the FW actually killed it. Oh well it was still good to watch.

Tyndmyr 03 Apr 2007 04:05

Re: Crisis suit kills lictor & FW almost takes down Hive Tyrant

Had a pathfinder squad polish off the last assault marine in a squadron, wound the chaplain, and keep them locked in melee for four turns in my last game. All this was in CC, naturally.

My favorite, however, was when a lone fw meleed a squad of three termies to death, earning an extremely disproportionate amount of vps for me. Abeit with utterly improbable dice rolls.

AvalonSurfer739 03 Apr 2007 04:14

nice job its cool to hear when Tau get lucky and manage to take down your oponents prized unit in a lucky CC round for you.

I have also done this with O'Shovah vs. a demon Prince my very first game so long ago.... ill never forget that

Tyndmyr 03 Apr 2007 04:27

Heh, I play my Slannesh buddy very frequently. I detail a unit of kroot to kill his demon prince, which they routinely are successful at, mostly via shooting it to bits. =P

AvalonSurfer739 03 Apr 2007 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
Heh, I play my Slannesh buddy very frequently. I detail a unit of kroot to kill his demon prince, which they routinely are successful at, mostly via shooting it to bits. =P

haha im sure his reaction to that is along the lines of "DAM YOUR STUPID KROOT!"

Elliott 03 Apr 2007 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvalonSurfer739
haha im sure his reaction to that is along the lines of "DAM YOUR STUPID KROOT!"

But to even it all out, Avalon is like "oh God, please Kroot, don't eat the prince. That would be bad."

Nuke 03 Apr 2007 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliott
Quote:

Originally Posted by AvalonSurfer739

But to even it all out, Avalon is like "oh God, please Kroot, don't eat the prince. That would be bad."

Slaneshi tainted Kroot? Uh oh...

Well, let's see here.... here's one for the books:

3 man strong Firewarrior squad gets charged by a lone Terminator Seargant. He kills 2, but is then poked in the eye by the remaning Shas'ui. That should teach the son of a gun not to wear a helmet.

I swear, if all Marines wore helmets, I have a feeling they would survive a lot more often..

Evisser 03 Apr 2007 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke

Slaneshi tainted Kroot? Uh oh...

It happened in the debut of the tau White dwarf. Anyway had a Hive Tyrant take out 2 dreadnoughts with a venom cannon. VCs can only score glancing hits at best. I do that almost every game I play.

XV18 03 Apr 2007 08:40

Hee! It's always good when Tau take something down in CC. I remember the time when my Shas'El took out a Chaos Lord and his retinue single-handed after being charged. Happy days.

halohog 03 Apr 2007 14:56

Reminds me of a battle i had not so long ago with an eldar guy. I was forced to charge a Dark Reaper squad with a Shas'O as it was the only thing left and the exarch's tempest launcher was really getting on my nerves, as it had reduced two squads to one man which had both then run off the table. First turn knocked one of the wounds from the Shas'O, and the fight went on for four turns of *roll - "missed" - roll - roll - roll - "damn 3+ armour saves!"* and sudenly culminated in the Shas'o striking down one of three reapers, leaving the exarch and one reaper, who ran off, but then they regrouped - amazingly - and knocked all but one of the remaining wounds off the shas'o, who returned fire and slagged the pair of them, finishing the game with one one-wound Shas'o sitting on the table wondering where his dropship was.

That was annoying, but i saw my fire warriors lose just two of twelve to a necron attack last week, and they ran off, regrouped, then with the rest of the army wiped this final squad of Necrons clean off the battlefield, except for the lord, who phased out. That was fun.

By the way, Evisser, love the poem in the sig. Did you write that yourself or did you just find it somewhere?