Closed Thread
Old 10 Feb 2005, 21:51   #1 (permalink)
Jan
Kroot Warrior

Default whats so good about auxilaries?

whats so good about auxilaries?
Old 10 Feb 2005, 22:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: whats so good about auxilaries?

lemme see..

1. they are cheap
2. some of them may take pulse rifles
3. they fight better then FW
4. have a better save then kroots
5. make excellent meatwalls

those are some pretty good things to consider!
Old 10 Feb 2005, 22:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

They are also great to equip with grenades.
The auxiliaries are underestimated in the battlefield, and thus makes them easier to
get close to enemy armor. K-boom.
(Worked well for me)
Old 10 Feb 2005, 22:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

They provide a 'go between' for Fire Warriors and Kroot, although kroot can probably outshoot them.

They have access to a few tau weapons which the kroot don't have.

Most people use them with EMP's and send them tank hunting.

They also provide nice conversion oppertunities. also many people don't think the kroot 'look' works with the Tau and human aux. *when made with tau parts do fit in with the style of the army much better.

I personally don't think they are all that useful but can work well in some situations and are pretty cheap so arn't that bad of a choice.

Overall it just gives you *nice little extra choice.

This is assuming you are talking about human aux. and in game terms.

If not aux. provide a battle line from which the Tau can engage in their prefered style of war, very organised free flowing attacks. When these attacks begin to falter they can re-organise as the aux.line is still holding the enemy. They are now needed more than ever as the tau are getting involved in more large scale battles .

You could incorparat ethis into your games and have a mobile tau force working around a pretty static aux batteline (with maybe a few broadsides).

(I did have another post but, my computer logged off just before i posted and i couldnt quite remember what i put. Sorry).
Old 11 Feb 2005, 00:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

in essence theyre there for people who like to convert, their ame effectiveness is rather bad, being outclassed by the kroot in everything but saves (which the kroot get by infiltrating into cover), so they arent a very "game" choice bar the 6 man EMP squad for 56points which is a bargain.

they are very good to convert but are outclassedby kroot and firewarriors in almost all respects.

(a good consolation prize for farsight who cant take the fabulous kroot tough)
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 11 Feb 2005, 03:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

i agree, there are things that are better than them in almost every aspect. theyre about halfway btween kroot and firewarriors, but the FWs are pretty much the same in CC anyway and are completely outshot by FWS
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 11 Feb 2005, 13:07   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I use them in enclave alot. With the ork fighter ability, they are basically a replacement for kroot, albeit an expensive one.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 18:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'd say their best use (not great, but fairly useful) is to have a small squad with a markerlight in it. With a few pulse rifles, they can harrass enemy infantry and help guide the bigger killing weapons, and they won't draw a lot of attention (like pathfinders would).
Old 11 Feb 2005, 19:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxpetronivs
I'd say their best use (not great, but fairly useful) is to have a small squad with a markerlight in it.* With a few pulse rifles, they can harrass enemy infantry and help guide the bigger killing weapons, and they won't draw a lot of attention (like pathfinders would).
Yes I'd have to agree with fozzpetronivs...for human auxs are pretty much always overlooked...people see them and go "puny humans"...then they see the crisis suits and go "must...crush...crisis...suits..."
So I a pretty much always give a Gue'vesa'ui a marker light, just so that I can lead that railgun shot at the most important moment!* ;D* (As well as use the 2 pulse rifle option to harrass artillery, then the artillery aims at the humans...)
Old 11 Feb 2005, 20:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Too bad you can't give them demo charges.... they they'd REALLY be fun to use.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Closed Thread