Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau, Can you tell me what to do?
Old 31 Mar 2007, 16:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to adman101
Default Tau, Can you tell me what to do?

Hi, ive found the sprue on GW store and i was wondering how to put it on, to refer back?
Old 31 Mar 2007, 16:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Tau, Can you tell me what to do?

Ummm...its not very clear what you're asking...
orion549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2007, 17:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman101
Hi, ive found the sprue on GW store and i was wondering how to put it on, to refer back?
Yes.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2007, 20:27   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Sorry my Keyboard is playing up today, what i wanted to say was, To convert a tau devilfish to a hammerhead you need one sprue, could you tell me how to build the rail gun and ion cannon and how to put it onto the devilfsh tank? So i can refer back to it, because i am hoping to get the bttleforce set and convert the devilish
Old 31 Mar 2007, 22:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak

Ok. To do this...

Build the devilfish as normal EXCEPT do not fill in the hole in the top (where the creq exit is usually). Now, when you get the sprue, build the turret and the gun(s), glue the gun to the turret (unless you are using magnets), and simply pop the turret in. Voila!

Hope this helps!

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 21:09   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavfreak
Ok. To do this...

Build the devilfish as normal EXCEPT do not fill in the hole in the top (where the creq exit is usually). Now, when you get the sprue, build the turret and the gun(s), glue the gun to the turret (unless you are using magnets), and simply pop the turret in. Voila!

Hope this helps!
Cheers thanks!
Also, on the Hammerhead guns sprue does it come with the SMS missiles? Because i want to put SMS missiles on, and on the front of the hammerhead you dont get a burst cannon (i think thats it) and i was wondering does the devilfish come with an alternative to the burst cannon namely the bit you get on the front of the hammerhead?
Old 02 Apr 2007, 01:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

The SMS comes with the HH sprue.
The Devilfish burst cannon is the same as the one that you can put in place of the SMS on the HH, you just get a 2nd one with the HH sprue (thus the HH can be armed with 2 BC's). So their is also the conversion of the front BC to worry about (not just the turrent swap).
The alternative (camera thing) you that you find on the HH only comes on the HH sprue.

I'd suggest you go to the conversion forum and look up the thread on DF conversions, it should be very helpful.
Old 02 Apr 2007, 22:45   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

So for the moment should i just stick with a devilfish then get a Hammerhead, because im going to collect a 'pure' tau army, eventually getting commander farsight, then get 7 bodyguards for him . Hammerhead, Sky Ray and 3 Battlesuits will be my Heavy support choice, Fast attack will be Pirhanas (hopefully, eventually 5), or maybe 2 squads of them , Troops, 12 Fire warriors + devilfish, then more squads of fire warriors, dont know how much that comes to yet, but it will be my target.
Cheers
Adam
Old 03 Apr 2007, 03:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well if your not that experienced at making conversoins, and if you don't want to shell out the money for the HH sprue. Then their's not much wrong with just sticking with the Devilfish. However, I'd personally take the chance to start working on my conversion skills, if it doesn't turn out great, so what, you still have a devilfish. The experience however will be useful when you get more HH tanks, which you'll want to be able to convert back into devilfishes. Again, the crus of this conversion is the nose mounted burst cannon, everything else is simply rearranging loose peaces (i.e. don't glue on the top copula/ the thing the tank commander stands out of).

P.S. Go ahead and just buy the Skyray kit, instead of the HH kit. It cost the same, but has all the peaces to make either the HH or the Skyray.
Old 03 Apr 2007, 04:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Honestly, it's my opinion that most commanders will eventually want at least one each of the devilfish and hammerhead, might as well spring for it early.

I highly suggest the battleforce actually. Pick that up from a discounter, and you've got yourself a great core for your army relatively inexpensively.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote