Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

So today I was looking for decoy launcers..
Old 30 Mar 2007, 21:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default So today I was looking for decoy launcers..

I was googling for decoy launchers for ideas on how to represent them and you'll never guess what came up.

It looks awfully familiar

It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man.
Amaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2007, 22:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak
Default Re: So today I was looking for decoy launcers..

Is that a real missle If so, I'd like to see that on a model...

Opponent: Whats that? *points at orange thing*
Me: A decoy launcher.
Opponent: Where is the tank?
Me: Oh, under it somewhere...

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2007, 23:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to gerrylum

Nice and bright so the enemy sees it coming. Just enough time for them to soil themselves.
Old 30 Mar 2007, 23:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

It's a prototype cruise missil I think. It's already in services as I'v seen the same thing painted grey. If' your looking for a real world decoy luncher, do a google search of ECM pods or Chaff or Flare pods.

ECM pod for aircrafts

Chaff "pellet"

Old 31 Mar 2007, 01:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

it's called an ITALD

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapo...ald/ITALD.html

improved tactical air launched decoy

It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man.
Amaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2007, 01:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Oh yeah, the radar spammers. A missile that reflects radar by a lot to give the enemy false targets. They does look uncannily like a seeker missile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2007, 02:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

One odd way to model a decoy launcher is to paint a separate devilfish model like a spectre (GW LOtR style), and have it shadow the real devifish... ;D

My Favorite Jammer story is about the Navy E-A6 Intruder's tailfin jammer.. the ALQ-something or other... ITs a "White Out" Radar Jammer, that listens to any radar signals that hit it, analyzes it, replicated it, and adds different doppler faking tweaks to it, and pumps it back out at some intense power.... so that the results are (lets se if I can describe it textually):

Radar scope is scanning.. and planes in the sky are blips that appear as the 'scan line' sweeps by its location in the field.. you know, "blip.. blip.... blip" Suddenly, that radar is jammed.... and every single pixel of that scope appears as a target location, and the entire scope goes "bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiip!" instead! How kewl is that?!?

Granted, its not a sneaky or stealthy form of jamming, but it surely prevents missiles from being fired, or guns from radar tracking. Tau are more precise and "hide-ey", and may not prefer this brute force form of jamming, but the story is still nice, dontcha think?
Old 31 Mar 2007, 02:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban
One odd way to model a decoy launcher is to paint a separate devilfish model like a spectre (GW LOtR style), and have it shadow the real devifish... ;D

My Favorite Jammer story is about the Navy E-A6 Intruder's tailfin jammer.. the ALQ-something or other... ITs a "White Out" Radar Jammer, that listens to any radar signals that hit it, analyzes it, replicated it, and adds different doppler faking tweaks to it, and pumps it back out at some intense power.... so that the results are (lets se if I can describe it textually):

Radar scope is scanning.. and planes in the sky are blips that appear as the 'scan line' sweeps by its location in the field.. you know, "blip.. blip.... blip" Suddenly, that radar is jammed.... and every single pixel of that scope appears as a target location, and the entire scope goes "bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiip!" instead! How kewl is that?!?

Granted, its not a sneaky or stealthy form of jamming, but it surely prevents missiles from being fired, or guns from radar tracking. Tau are more precise and "hide-ey", and may not prefer this brute force form of jamming, but the story is still nice, dontcha think?
Recent equipment cut through radar jamming equipment. So you can't just spam the air with jamming signals anymore. One way do do it is to "beam" the attacker radar by turning in one direction and putting the ennemy vector into your radar scope edge. I can't explain really how it's done, but to understand it a bit, read up on Fighter aircraft tactics and play Falcon 4.0 hehe.