Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Webpage
Old 28 Mar 2007, 19:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Tau Webpage

i can't remember where i saw it, but some TO member has made a SM webpage. this has inspired me to do the same with tau. the only problem is....

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PUT ON IT!!!

so if you have any suggestions, post it, i need help.
dragoniccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 19:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar
Default Re: tau webpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoniccam
i can't remember where i saw it, but some TO member has made a SM webpage. this has inspired me to do the same with tau. the only problem is....

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PUT ON IT!!!

so if you have any suggestions, post it, i need help.
Tau Army Lists for Mech, Hybrid and Static
Mini tacticas for the units (most can be found on here, just search for them)
A conversion section
A batlle report section
A photo section for the army (?)

And that's about all I can think of at the moment
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 19:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well i'm not especially good at making pages, but ill get my friend to try to help. its a simple geocities page
Old 29 Mar 2007, 00:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

OOH OOH OOH I KNOW!

a long time ago a group of college guys who played a lot of 40K and who had a little programing know how came up with this websight that allowed you to set up your own crisis suit configurations and it would display point costs and describe its stats depending on what weapons, support systems, and wargear you gave it. it even had a list of suit configurations that were popular and you could click on them and it would set everything to that suits configurations. it even had a rough sketch of the suit that would change depending on what you put on it. it was great for comming up with new crisis suit ideas to test without having to write it all down or rearrange one of the plastic models with blu tac. eventually the guys graduated college and stoped managing the site and it was deleted or shut down or something about 3 years ago. either way its not there any more (i check every once and a while :P it was just that good).

if you do get a site up and you find some one with a little Java knowledge ( Java programing language seems to work best for internet applications) it would be AWSOME if you could try and get something like that up and running then your site would probably get very popular very fast. ;D
cruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 07:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to KevFox2169 Send a message via AIM to KevFox2169 Send a message via MSN to KevFox2169 Send a message via Yahoo to KevFox2169

Cruton thats a great idea, and I wish it could be worked out, but I think GW would slap us collectively for that. (they're like hungry wolves gaurding a deer when it comes to specs to 40k) They seem to have a problem with things like points costs or stats or anything of the like. Unless.... maybe if the site just worked out the mathhammer behind configuratinos. That would be pretty sweet. Just basic stuff (12 FW + 1round of 30 inch shots = X.XXX Dead ______) for reference. Maybe that would keep us from the horrible jumping and stabbing GW so readily brings to those who post their precious copyrighted material.

I could be wrong though, its just the impression I get from everyone being so hush hush about stats and such.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 15:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i don't think GW cares too much what people say about statistics

if you look around the rest of the tau forums you can see plenty of people have came up with all sorts of different lists and info about suit configurations and suggestions on new useful configurations and explanations of wargear and weapons and all that good gunk. i don't think GW is that hostile (but i may be wrong) i think no one wants to spend all of forever copying down all the info out of the codex and putting it into some sort of understandable order that could help people in any way :P

other then that i think dragoniccam covered everything else
cruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 18:14   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Does anyone know if there is a site like www.thegreatuncleanone.com for 40K?
No 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 18:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well i have a small intro to the tau

the site is geocities.com/dragoniccam/tau
Old 03 Apr 2007, 05:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruton
a long time ago a group of college guys who played a lot of 40K and who had a little programing know how came up with this websight that allowed you to set up your own crisis suit configurations and it would display point costs and describe its stats depending on what weapons, support systems, and wargear you gave it. it even had a list of suit configurations that were popular and you could click on them and it would set everything to that suits configurations. it even had a rough sketch of the suit that would change depending on what you put on it. it was great for comming up with new crisis suit ideas to test without having to write it all down or rearrange one of the plastic models with blu tac. eventually the guys graduated college and stoped managing the site and it was deleted or shut down or something about 3 years ago. either way its not there any more (i check every once and a while :P it was just that good).
I assume you're referring to the XV8 Tactical Performance Simulator? It's never really been finished, but it's still out there for folks to play with. It needs some updating to be brought in line with the new codex is all.

http://www.advancedtautactica.com/ac.../xv8design.php
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
T0nkaTruckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2007, 06:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0nkaTruckDriver

I assume you're referring to the XV8 Tactical Performance Simulator? It's never really been finished, but it's still out there for folks to play with. It needs some updating to be brought in line with the new codex is all.

http://www.advancedtautactica.com/ac.../xv8design.php
T0nka,
I guess this whole page was done in accordance with the old codex, or am I wrong?