Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Jetpack clarification
Old 27 Mar 2007, 23:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739
Default Tau Jetpack clarification

ok I have two questions ive been confused about ever since 4th edition came out.

First can the Tau Jetpacks on Crisis and Stealth suits no longer move 12" in the movement phase? I was told that they were reduced to a 6" move in the movement phase while being able to keep its 6" assualt move.

Second When landing in difficult terrain at the end of your turn do Tau suits have to take the test wear if you role a 1 your suit crashes and dies? I was told that the Tau ignored this since their suits really hover above the difficult terrain.

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
AvalonSurfer739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 00:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default Re: Tau Jetpack clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonSurfer739
ok I have two questions ive been confused about ever since 4th edition came out.

First can the Tau Jetpacks on Crisis and Stealth suits no longer move 12" in the movement phase? I was told that they were reduced to a 6" move in the movement phase while being able to keep its 6" assualt move.

Second When landing in difficult terrain at the end of your turn do Tau suits have to take the test wear if you role a 1 your suit crashes and dies? I was told that the Tau ignored this since their suits really hover above the difficult terrain.
You still roll dangerous terrain. Your suits aren't actually flying over it, they're flying THROUGH the terrain. That's why they are still able to gain cover saves. Secondly, they don't crash and die, but take a SINGLE wound with no saves. Most models have only one wound, which is where this kills models, but Crisis suits have two, so failing one is only an inconvenience: As long as you don't get shot up or assaulted, your suit CAN last the whole game even if it takes dangerous terrain tests the entire time.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 00:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Tau Jetpack clarification

Tau jet packs have never been allowed to move 12" its always been 6" even when they first came out in 3rd.