Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Alternative HQ
Old 27 Mar 2007, 11:13   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Alternative HQ

What if any new HQ unit would You wish to include into the codex?

We got the Commander and the Ethereal (& Special Characters, that seems to be quite legal to include as a HQ, due to the intentions seen in the newer codicii)...but could we make up a new sort of interesting HQ???

My choice would be the Water Caste Ambassador (Whom which I have punked Forge World to create everytime I have bought bits and miniatures from their homepage!!!)

Rules would be like this: Infantry. Statline as an Ethereal but with Ld 9.
no weapons - maybe a pulse pistol. Then he should be able to buy the new dronetype: The Propoganda-Drone...a floating holograpic bill-board written with Greater Good propoganda...causing some effect on the opponents troop - shaking them somehow into desertion or even turning over into the welcoming arms of the Tau Empire away from their oppressers!!! Maybe he could throw his leadership around to troops within 12" with the communication drone...

Could be a nice addition to our forces but would have to remain in the communication sphere and not the war sphere...

Which would You see as a realistic new HQ choice that could compliment our list?

Tassadar
Tassadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 14:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to PaxAnteBEllum
Default Re: Alternative HQ

I would like to see something that complements mech lists, like an ethereal in a pimped-out piranha.
Give it some sort of fancy sheild to increase AV, put a plasma cannon or something on it.

I would also like to see something that would allow you to field an extremely markerlight heavy list. HQ as a skyray, all vehicle drones replaced with Marker drones, something like that.

Basically, more flexibility and special rules, to allow for less cookie-cutter Tau lists, and allow for some combos that that are less well rounded, but more specialized
Old 27 Mar 2007, 17:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

I'd want a Stealth Suit commander with long-ranged weapons...Rail Rifle and Markerlight snipering 8)
And if the position gets overrun, your whole squad can go 12" away in a turn. Don't get to fire the heavy weapons though...

And an ethereal in a Piranha would be nice.
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 17:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

HQ Devilfish, enhanced comms and some righteous weapons for my mech tau force. A command skimmer.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 19:03   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Does it really matter if we even got to choose another HQ choice to go in the codex? Seriously, if taking a Tau Crisis Suit Commander is a must for one HQ who cares (which is the worst thing that could happen to the Tau codex, stupid rules) about any other HQ. Im sorry I just really hate the fact that a Suit is a must for an HQ choice, I dont understand why but I hate it.

To stay on topic, Ill like to see something to go along with the Mech. Tau list as well. Perhaps they would give us a Tau Tank as an HQ like the Imperal Guard can have. Or if not that, a basic unit of either Fire Warriors, or Stealth Suits, with some cool commander giving the unit some melee abilitys like the Guard command squads. And they can ride in a Fish as well.
AdmiralClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 19:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

A battle suit commander is already a perfect complement for a mech tau force.

The only thing I can think of would be actual rules for a unit of XV-2 battle suits.

Other than that, nah our HQ's are pretty perfect. Well except for the fact that the ethereal's rules are useless... Those need to be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 19:55   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Kroot Karnivore King riding a Gnarloc or with a set of hounds

Stats

WS: 6
BS: 4
S: 4
T: 4
I: 5
W: 3
A: 4
LD: 10

Rules inspiring presence, any models within 12" are immune to psychology.
Fearsome Hunter. May charge any character in a unit within line of sight.
Vicious Kill Blades. Like choppas maximum armour save 4+.
Blood Cry. Fleet of Foot
Warrior instinct 4+ invulnerable Dodge save

War Gear
Vicious Kill Blades
Rail Rifle
Frag Grenades
AlanHasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 20:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ammm maybe master shaper rather then this?

IMO -> Veteran squad

I would go with veteran Pathfinders

4-7

27 points per Shas'Ui
+20 Shas'El

Stats same as pathfinders +2I (Shas'el +1 WS +1 BS +1 W)

Equipment:

Assalt Pulse carbine (Assult 2 instead of 1), Marker light Target designator, close combat weapon (still one attack not two). Plus free bonding Knife & Photon Grenades

Options: EMP grenades for +3 points per guy. Also they MAY take pathfinder's devilfish (With a beacon) for +80 (without cost of upgrades). May take natural camouflage (+6 cover save in open, Improves cover saves by 1) for 5 points per guy.

Character: One Shas'UI may be upgraded to Shas'EL at cost of +20 points. He then can select items from the infantry wargear.

Special rules: Scouts & Infiltrators. Hot drop, - for the cost of 35 points the squad can deep strike using parachutes (or something like that).
NOTE if squad takes Devil fish It can not take Hot drop and will lose ability to infiltrate. Also devilfish will not gain scout special rule and if taken can not preform scout move. If squad want to take advantage of the scout special rule they must start disembarked.

Well Thats my small sudjestion

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 21:01   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
A battle suit commander is already a perfect complement for a mech tau force.

The only thing I can think of would be actual rules for a unit of XV-2 battle suits.
XV-2 Battlesuits? Im sorry Im still new to Tau.

An if you dont mind can I here how a Battlesuit Cmd. is a perfect complement for Mech. Tau. I do plan on playing Mech. Tau once I get just a couple more tanks, but I dont see how a Suit works well.

I think an idea for a Kroot HQ would be great, especially with the Gnarloc. I never use Kroot but I still feel they should get an HQ choice.

Now if I where to spend the $80+ dollars for a Forge World Gnarloc with a Bolt Thrower then I would love to use Kroot. But I dont feel like spending another $130 just to get the rules for him. Its the only reason why I hate FW, models are expen$ive as it is, they make it so much more just to get the rules.
AdmiralClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 22:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to munkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugelblitz
HQ Devilfish, enhanced comms and some righteous weapons for my mech tau force. A command skimmer.
i really like that idea... now i'm going to make one.

dis wunz fer yoo KJ!
"wuts so special 'bout iz 'ead boss?"
"dats were da skull iz ya git! and i'd look pretty silly 'wif iz foot on my pointy stick wouldn't i!"

-Gorgutz Dow winter assault

munkey is offline   Reply With Quote