Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Most Mobile Tau Army
Closed Thread
Old 09 Feb 2005, 15:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Most Mobile Tau Army

I've been racking my brains and taking a break from looking at a computer screen all day and I've come up with what I think is pretty much the most mobile tau one could come up with in 1500points! *hem-hem* Ok, here it is:

HQ:
Shas'el Au'nat (lol, get it?): Plasma Rifle, Missilepod, Sheild Gen, Hw Multi-Tracker - 110
I have this crisis suit decked out in magnets, so I just bought the most expensive combo I could, usually I take PR+FB+MP+Hw MT (lol if you can break the code, that's great!)

Elites:
Crisis Team Blinding Spear: 3 Shas'ui with Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Mutli-Tracker, Bonded - 193
I went for an anti-infantry crisis team, as tanks and big things will be take out by the heavy support...

Troops:
3 x Firewarrior Team: 11 Shas'la with Pulse Rifle
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 1 Shas'ui with Pulse Rifle, Bonded
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 1 Devilfish with Burst Cannon, Drones, Multi-tracker - 690
The ultimate FoF tactic...maybe overkill?

Fast Attack:
Pathfinder Team: 4 Shas'la with Pulse Carbine, Marker Light
* * * * * * * * * * * * *2 Shas'la with Rail Rifle, Bonded
* * * * * * * * * * * * *1 Devilfish with Burst Cannon, Drones, Mutli-tracker - 192
Good for marker lights, sniping, and an extra devilfish to come over and help guard the fire warriors when they are FoFing

Heavy Support:
Broadside Monat: 1 Shas'ui with TL Railgun, Smart Missiles, Mutli-Tracker - 75

Broadside Monat: 1 Shas'ui With TL Railgun, Smart Missiles, Multi-Tracker - 75

Hammerhead: Railgun, 2 Burst Cannons, Targetting Array, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock - 165
Seperate Broadsides spell doom for any tanks and what-not, and the hammerhead has its dual uses...all-in-all a rounded out heavy support...

Total: 1500

*Whew...* So, what do you think, like it? any changes you think could be made? Just post!
Old 09 Feb 2005, 16:28   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Most Mobile Tau Army

Nice list! But I have few advices to you. lol. ;D
1) Broadsides are better with shield generators, they'll live longer(or even drone controller with 2 shield drones for ultimate protection). If you killed all enemy tanks/monsters what for (except BA deathcompany) railguns then? ??? Of course you can get a shas'vre modification with shield generator and hard-wired multitracker but it's extremely expensive and IMHO pointsink.
2) Pathfinders? Hammerhead is cheaper and more effective.

P.S.: I don't see decoy launchers, you need 'em. They can save your tanks!
Old 09 Feb 2005, 17:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

lol..wow..we seem to be help each other back and forth!!! I'll try and change up my list a bit and re-post it...maybe I will scrap the pathfinders and broadsides and see if I can't add in another pair of Hammerheads...and hopefully have enough points for Decoy launchers all around!
Old 09 Feb 2005, 18:14   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasel_Aunat
lol..wow..we seem to be help each other back and forth!!!* I'll try and change up my list a bit and re-post it...maybe I will scrap the pathfinders and broadsides and see if I can't add in another pair of Hammerheads...and hopefully have enough points for Decoy launchers all around!
Let's see. let's see. lol ;D
Old 09 Feb 2005, 20:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

OK Kain...here it is...

HQ:
Shas'el Au'nat: Plasma Rifle, Missilepod, Sheild Gen, Hw Multi-Tracker- 110

Elites:
Crisis Team: 3 Shas'ui with Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Mutli-Tracker, Bonded- 193

Troops:
3 x Firewarriors: 11 Shas'la with Pulse Rifle
* * * * * * * * * * * *1 Shas'ui with Pulse Rifle, Bonded
* * * * * * * * * * * *1 Devilfish with Burst Cannon, Drones, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher- 705

Heavy Support:
Hammerhead: Railgun, Smart Missiles, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher, Targetting Array- 165
Hammerhead: Railgun, Smart Missiles, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher, Targetting Array- 165
Hammerhead: Railgun, Twin Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher, Targetting
* * * * * * * * * * Array, Target Lock - 160

Total: 1498

There, heavy on the tanks = powergaming?* lol...whatever ;D ...for a bit of varity on the hammerheads I decided to put one with twin BC and Target Lock, that way he can help flank when I use the FoF tactic...not bad, eh?*
Old 09 Feb 2005, 21:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I dont mind that list. But how about this?

HQ - Shaso (Fire knife)
ELITES - 3man Crisis (fire knife)

TROOPS - 12 FW bonded, DF, Shas Ui
- 12 FW bonded, DF, SHas Ui

H SUP - 2 hammer heads, DL, target lockers, multi's, Rail guns and burst cannons

NO static units at all

I think this comes to around #1500pts. I have used this list many times and it kicks arse. Very well rounded aswell.
Old 09 Feb 2005, 21:31   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Here is analisys:
HQ:
Shas'el Au'nat: Plasma Rifle, Missilepod, Sheild Gen, Hw Multi-Tracker- 110
May be drop shield generator? You will get 25 points. And lose almost nothing!

Elites:
Crisis Team: 3 Shas'ui with Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Mutli-Tracker, Bonded- 193
May be divide them in 3 one-man squads you have enough slots! Another 10 pts.

Troops:
3 x Firewarriors: 11 Shas'la with Pulse Rifle
* * * * * * * * * * * *1 Shas'ui with Pulse Rifle, Bonded
* * * * * * * * * * * *1 Devilfish with Burst Cannon, Drones, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher- 705
I have not enough experience for FoF let's wait for Dizzy.

Heavy Support:
Hmm... I think they cost 175 pints each. I spent 20 points. 15 points left 8)
Hammerhead: Railgun, Twin Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher, Targetting
* * * * * * * * * * Array, Target Lock - 160
lol 170 points 5 points left. But it's better drop target lock from close support hammerhead and add two locks to SMS HH you will get unseen support(and almost undestructible) at last turns.

Total: 1498

There, heavy on the tanks = powergaming?* lol...whatever ;D ...for a bit of varity on the hammerheads I decided to put one with twin BC and Target Lock, that way he can help flank when I use the FoF tactic...not bad, eh?*
3 Hammerheads are awesome!!! lol I don't think that it's powergaming. IMO you have very balanced list. It can rock. Be mobile! lol
Old 09 Feb 2005, 22:06   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

With three hammerheads you might spring for an Ion Cannon on one to mop up Marines and Necrons. Submunitions won't account for too many if they are using spread formations.
Old 09 Feb 2005, 22:09   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanaris
With three hammerheads you might spring for an Ion Cannon on one to mop up Marines and Necrons.* Submunitions won't account for too many if they are using spread formations.
I think that 3 crisis suits(plasma + anything) are better than hammerhead with ion cannon.
Old 09 Feb 2005, 22:21   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
I think that 3 crisis suits(plasma + anything) are better than hammerhead with ion cannon.
They are, and they should be.* A three-man Fireknife squad would cost ~50 points more than an IC Hammerhead.
Closed Thread