Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What are Gue'Vesa?
Closed Thread
Old 24 Mar 2007, 20:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default What are Gue'Vesa?

what are theY? are they some kind of tau mercenary? comments would be nice ???
Old 24 Mar 2007, 21:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: what are geusva

human auxiliaries.

in game terms, they're guardsmen, essentially, with tau-y names. and thats about it, really.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 24 Mar 2007, 21:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
human auxiliaries.

in game terms, they're guardsmen, essentially, with tau-y names. and thats about it, really.
That's mostly true. They are gaurdsmen (or their children) left behind after the Damocles Gulf Crusade, and the Tau let them live pretty well-off lives and essentially be a millitia in times of war. They have the same stats and are armed with lasguns, except for two people who could have a pulse carbine/rifle, and can get EMP grenades and a Markerlight for the team leader. In my opinion, Fire Wariors are better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Old 25 Mar 2007, 04:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

They're cheap (dirt cheap) guardsmen that can take down tanks by turn 4+. And they're nice for campaigns/scenarious when your heavy armor is limited and you don't want to lose Fire Warriors. But fluff-wise, they're the humans that were on the worlds the Tau took from the Imperium who have agreed to lend their services in exchange for a place to live.
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 04:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I use 'em, they're fun. People never do know what to make of them. I slap them in front of my Broadsides as a sheild, they'll be stuck in combat while the Broadsides A.S.S. and scurry away. I only run one squad though, FW are more expensive, but well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Old 25 Mar 2007, 04:30   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
I use 'em, they're fun. People never do know what to make of them. I slap them in front of my Broadsides as a sheild, they'll be stuck in combat while the Broadsides A.S.S. and scurry away. I only run one squad though, FW are more expensive, but well worth it.
Isn't the limit 1?
Old 25 Mar 2007, 04:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Mostly they are protection units, as I see it: they stay in front of FWs to soak up charges and Target Priority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Old 25 Mar 2007, 04:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def3nd3r
Quote:
Isn't the limit 1?
That'd make sense, not sure why you'd want two. I was really surprised when they weren't in the new codex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Old 25 Mar 2007, 06:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: What are Gue'Vesa?

This link will provide you with most of the information on Gue'vesa and their rules though they are not entirely legal anymore and there is no 0-1 limit on them last time I checked.

However this answer could have been quickly answered with a simple forum search, I know I've personally answered this question more times than I care to count and thats not considering the fact that I likely haven't responded everytime this question popped up. There is no need to have the same information repeated so many times. The search feature is there for just that purpose.

Closed Thread