Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Idea: Gue'vesa alternatives
Old 24 Mar 2007, 07:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to webkilla
Default Idea: Gue'vesa alternatives

I know there's been mention elsewhere on the board of using things like pirate or renegade eldar, and stuff like that, for Gue'Vesa models - but I just had an idea!

(which is why i'm posting this here, and not in conversion - cuzz atm I haven't actually done anything to make this more than just an idea)

ok, so... the standard geu'vesa is what? A slightly tooled up cadian-looking guy? Not that intimidating on the battlefield

So I got the idea: Why not convert some space marines into 'em! I know, SMs with lasguns is the ultimate heresy, by SM scouts or something - just to make them look all that more "hey, shoot at us instead of the important models!"

suggestions? feedback?
Old 24 Mar 2007, 11:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to firewarrior123
Default Re: Idea: Gue'vesa alternatives

it could work.

you could even go as far as to get 1 renegade dreadnought which could be painted in a faded space marines scheme with some tau symbols and stuff just painted over the top in spots.

although the fluff would be a bit odd considering that space marines are supposed to be super humans who simply worship the emperor.
firewarrior123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2007, 12:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The dreadnaught idea would be a bit far fetched as dreadnaughts has fought for the glory of the Emperor for centuries on end, some even for thousand of years. But making you Gue'Vesas look threatening is a great idea. I try to make my say, kroot look as intimidating as possible, while trying to downplay my crisis suits. It's all part of the psychological part of warfare.
Old 24 Mar 2007, 13:04   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'm sure I read a story somewhere where a person (or the remains of a person) inside a dreadnought was replaced by a person who had just been severely injured. If the Tau somehow managed to disable a dreadnought and capture it, couldn't they replace the inhabitant with an injured loyal Gue'vesa? They are advanced technologists, I'm sure they could work out how human techonlogy works.

Or, in the vein of the Gue'vesa conversions, you could make a dread battlesuit cobbled together from parts of both. Dreadnoughts are not invincible so its concivible one could recover parts of a destroyed one from the battlefield. I only have a Tau codex, so I'm not sure how dreadnought stats compare to crisis or broadside battlesuits, but I'm sure one could invent something cool.
theVespid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2007, 13:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

What if the Earth Caste salvaged the machine for their Gue'vesa allies, but modified it for the purposes of the greater good? imagine a Dreadnaut with Devilfish thrusters where the arms normally go giving it JSJ, and gimbaled-turret rail rifles and burst cannons? Top-mounted smart missiles? Railguns?

Oooooh...I just figured out how I'm going to do a Sky Ray or Broadside stand-in...
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2007, 14:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I did not like using Cadian or Catachan figs for Human Auxiliaries so I used Necromunda House Orlock models ( the Classic line ). They give a more Mercenary or frontier trooper look.

Other Necromunda figs would work well like House Van Saar for a high tech look or Delaques for a ganger look.

I am your lighted way and I am your darkest day. -Godsmack
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2007, 14:38   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Are the Necromunda figures plastic? And how does their size compare to Imperial Guard?

I've been wanting to make a Gue'vesa heavy army for a while, so I'm liking the idea of converting a dreadnought into a broadside (even if I use normal broadside rules for it).
theVespid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2007, 16:51   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

im just gonna make mi own auxillaries out of stuff like lizardmen Bst of chaos etc use em for mi vespid(i hate the models) an guesva'la(id us the beast men for this one)
but hay wat do i matter. but i do like the dread idea i might try that
Men are basically smart or dumb and lazy or ambitious. The dumb and ambitious ones are dangerous and I get rid of them. The dumb and lazy ones I give mundane duties. The smart ambitious ones I put on my staff. The smart and lazy ones I make my commanders.
shas-el-shader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2007, 16:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I am using WARZONE-Imperials as Gue-vesa. I do not like that whole "hey let´s make our humans look tauish"-thing. Does not feel right to me. I mean the Kroot are the allies the tau had first, and they still are not tauish (beside perhaps ONE rifle in a squad). So why should the humans be?

I always figured that the people would try to maintain their own culture, and the tau are not interfering with that.

What I wanted to say: I do not convert more than equipment on ny Gue´vesa^^

They look like this:

Not only sweet lookin´, but plastics and only 8 cent per model (OVP!!)... do I have to say more?

Greetz, Trogdor

[WHFB] Dwarfs
9 victorious slaughters/ 7wins/ 5 draws/ 7 losses

[WH40k] Tau
17victorious slaughters/ 10wins/ 2draw/ 1 loss
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2007, 20:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to webkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
I am using WARZONE-Imperials as Gue-vesa. I do not like that whole "hey let´s make our humans look tauish"-thing. Does not feel right to me. I mean the Kroot are the allies the tau had first, and they still are not tauish (beside perhaps ONE rifle in a squad). So why should the humans be?

I always figured that the people would try to maintain their own culture, and the tau are not interfering with that.

What I wanted to say: I do not convert more than equipment on ny Gue´vesa^^

They look like this:

*pic*

*pic*

Not only sweet lookin´, but plastics and only 8 cent per model (OVP!!)... do I have to say more?

Greetz, Trogdor
8 cents a model - you had me there...

warzone? is that a GW product series?