Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Advice for Space Marines
Closed Thread
Old 08 Feb 2005, 01:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Advice for Space Marines

I'm new to the Greater Good, and was wondering tips on how to beat space marines, both with my army and tactics. Here's my 600 point army list:

-Commander Shasel (fireknife)
-Crisis Suit Team (2 crisis suits; both fireknived)
-Bonded Fire warrior team (12) w/ Devilfish(gun drone upgrade)
-Kroot Squad (12 kroot carnivores)
-Gun Drone Squadron (8 drones)

My tactic is to stay away as long as possible with my Crisis Suits, while playing the offense with my kroot squad and gun drone squad. Once a squad of space marines comes in fairly close range, I manipulate the terrain to do a semi-fish of fury tactic. thanks
Old 08 Feb 2005, 02:15   #2 (permalink)
gmr171

Default Re: Advice for Space Marines

Hahahahahahaha, the plan was horrible i crushed him, i won he lost :P

Old 08 Feb 2005, 02:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

ok, first read This

drop the gundrones for another suit and fill the kroot to 20.

then you have an almost perfect army (exept for the lack of anti-tank) try to push for 750ts games, Tau either play combat patrol and do well, or play 75pts and do well, its hard to build antitank into 600pts.

but other than that you should be fine ;D, thats almost a perfect list once fixed.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 08 Feb 2005, 06:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

iv'e never really played 600 pt games but i find that u usually dont need that much anti tank in such small games. eg 500 pts
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 08 Feb 2005, 06:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to freeman

unless of course you're like me and use wraithlrods in small games :P anwyay the fact is, if you know what army you will be playing and as un-sportsman like as it is you can just modify your list to suit it mainly in the sense that is it (like mr shakespere said) don't take anti tank equiptment unless you know you will need it because it can be very frustrating when you have a big rail gun with nothing to shoot it at but guants.
Old 08 Feb 2005, 06:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

well ud at least try 4 the tyrant
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 08 Feb 2005, 06:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

That's not the point! besides this is supposed to be advice for taking on space marines isn't it? or am I in the wrong thread again...
Old 08 Feb 2005, 06:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

the key to taking our marines is AP their biggest asset is the 3+ save if u take that away they got nothin
Old 08 Feb 2005, 06:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

so therefore plasma and things with low AP will bring you victory.
Old 08 Feb 2005, 09:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

plasma is all well and good, but I'd have no trouble fitting a predator and a dreadnought in 600pts, and thats not skimping on troops either :P
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Closed Thread