Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

500 point army
Closed Thread
Old 07 Feb 2005, 21:35   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 500 point army

I will soon enter a 500pts league of 40k and I'm new to this game.

I would like to have your feedback cause I plan to do honor to the Greater Good

( most players will play SM, Chaos or IG)

Hq: Shas'o Twin-linked plasma rifle, shield generator
(119 pts)

Elite: 3 XV15 stealth suits
(90pts)

Troops: 2 squads of 11FW with shas'ui (all pulse rifles)
(240pts)

[b]Fast attack:[/b] 4 gun drones
(48pts)

TOTAL: 497 points

( these are the only models I own right now )

Comments are welcome!
Old 07 Feb 2005, 21:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer
Default Re: 500 point army

aaarg. why do people always come here after buying the army :P, does the word reseach even feature in the vocabulary of the next generation? *Rant over*

ok, so we have a few small niggles here, first any Idea of the densty of marne flavoured armies in your league?

this isnt the list I'd usemainly because theres no oomph.

Hq: Shas'o Twin-linked plasma rifle, shield generator
(119 pts)
(ok, you dont need am 'O in this small a game, drop him down to 'El and give him Plasma, missile, multi tracker - reffered to as fireknife)

Elite: 3 XV15 stealth suits
(90pts)
(ok, myself I'd drop these, fireknife crisis are better IMHO as they can take on a wider range of opponents, very valuable in league play)

Troops: 2 squads of 11FW with shas'ui (all pulse rifles)
(240pts)
(they'd be better in fishes butsqueesing them in isnt going to happen, and swap shas'ui for bonding, it's better if you have to have one)

Fast attack: 4 gun drones
(48pts)
(these are just horrible, Ld4 means they'll run instantly, drop them and the stealths for 2 freknife crisis and Shas'ui for one of the FW squads)

sorry if thats a bit blunt, but fireknife is the king of tournament and league play.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 07 Feb 2005, 22:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you are entering the esclation league, then this is what I suggest:

Hq: Shas'o Twin-linked plasma rifle, shield generator (119 pts)
Hmmm....It's better to take a Shas'el, besides, I thought that the rules stated that a model can have no more than three wounds...as for the weaponry, a Blinding Spear Config. will do nicley, since it is mostly infantry you are up against... Sorry DZG, but Rocket Pods are usless in this small of game

Elite: 3 XV15 stealth suits (90pts)
Yeah, Stealth suits are great, but they'll die pretty fast in small games and they'll eat a lot of points. *Take a Crisis Suit instead. *The suit will die fast too, but he's not as expensive...take the Blinding Spear Config.

Troops: 2 squads of 11FW with shas'ui (all pulse rifles) (240pts)
Good, solid troops and nice job with all pulse rifles, 'cause carbines only come in handy when there are lots of them! *I would suggest dropping the Shas'ui upgrade and bond them, as you don't want them to run away and leave your commander alone! *;D

Fast attack: 4 gun drones (48pts)
Yay! * Another person who likes gun drones! Personally these little creations come in really handy in small games, as they can harass or take the charge for your precioius Fire Warriors.

Since your mind works like mine, here is what I used in the esclation league that I was in a few months back (and came out on top too!):

Hq:
Shas'el: Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Multi-Tracker (81 pts)
There...simpler and cheaper...I decided against the Sheild Gen, as for most armies this is proved to be usless in smaller games...also a points grabber

Elite:
1 Crisis Battlesuit: Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Multi-Tracker (61 pts)
The Blinding Spear Config shown here is sweet against any type of infantry!

Troops:
2 Squads of 12 Firewarriors (Pulse Rifles), Bonded, Shas'ui Upgrade (280 pts)
With some points shaved off of the stealth suits, I was able to beef up the Firewarriors. Now they can re-group and have a sweet leadership of 8!

Fast Attack:
6 Gun Drones: (72 pts)
When used right, these little critters can do amazing things (hint: try flanking!) And hey DZG, I've had more luck with Drones than Crisis Suits, but maybe that's just me!!!

Well, good luck and have fun in the league!!!* *8)
Old 07 Feb 2005, 22:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

*que buzzer* wrong.

Missile pods are very good in small games ctually, the versatility of being able to drop any tanks he might show with and being able to negate the saves of theever common non-marines, all of them. this turns the fireknife into a real killing machine, it can fry marines just like nrmal, but any army that isnt marines, any hits will kill.
go here
Old 07 Feb 2005, 22:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygamer
*que buzzer* wrong.
*chokes on his cheesecake* Huh? How many marines are there really in a 500 point game? 25 on average?* I would rather see an additional shot with the Shas'el and crisis suits to get rid or numbers, for there are more armies out there than marines...lol...sometimes I forget there are...and tanks in 500 games? Very rarely...and if there is one, just hop behind it with a plasma rifle, that'll show it! lol...only a power gamer would take a tank!* He'd be out numbered!
*continues eating his cheesecake and mumbles something that sounds like milk as he dozes off*
Old 07 Feb 2005, 22:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

hell, my Tau take tanks in 400pts, its nto powergaming, its capitalising on the fact that people dont bring missiles.

and I've found that in escalation leagues there are a lot of reforming marne players trying out the xenos scum ;D or people just looking to add another army that isnt the obligatory nube marines ;D, and if I try I can fit a pred in 500pts so dont be saying its not possible, and a dread is even easier.
go here
Old 07 Feb 2005, 23:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

Gun Drone squads are only useful in squads of 8 or else their ld 4 will crush them. I agree that a HH would be more useful.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 07 Feb 2005, 23:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Then also read his final meaning. Those are his only units so far!
Old 07 Feb 2005, 23:19   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

I would always take a dreadnought in a 500-point game with my Templar. *The things are bloody unstoppable in small games. *I wouldn't bother linking the Plasma Rifle if you go with the Shas'O. *He doesn't gain the benefits from it that less accurate troops do, and he pays the same price. *If none of your opponents are playing Orks or Tyranids, there just isn't too much use for the other configurations. *Blinding Spear is certainly better against Guard, but your Fire Warriors should be doing more of the work in those battles.* That should help you better use what you now own.* Do consider picking up some tanks when you get a chance.
Old 08 Feb 2005, 00:06   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for your advices ;D

I'll drop the stealth suits and I will buy another crisis suit.
( I'll just have to wait to see my XV15 in battle ) You see, i'm more a painter/modeller than a player so i buy models cause I love their looks. Anyway, I'll post a picture of my city camo 500 points force when its done.

**I think i'm gonna have cheesecake rigth now**
Closed Thread