Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

101st Ronin Recon Fluff, First Battle.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 18:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 101st Ronin Recon Fluff, First Battle.

First Battle Record.

Shas’la Yupon aimed his pulse rifle at nothing, squatted down in typical firewarrior combat stance, and blew imaginary heads off imaginary targets with pulse shots made of air. Five invisible marines went down, all head-shotted by the skilled firewarrior.

“And just what do you think you’re doing ‘La Yupon?”

‘La Yupon quickly jumped to his feet, and apologised profusely for the horse playing to his squad’s Shas’ui, Hedyi. Shaking his head disapprovingly,’Ui Hedyi began to give out orders to the rest of the team.

“Shas’el Kitamura has just broadcasted his orders. The cadre is to move out and engage an enemy scouting force west of our immediate position. Recon indicates Mon’tau gue’la, so do not underestimate the enemy.”

Shas’ui Hedyi inspected the firewarriors assembled before him. Most were green cadets, fresh out of military academy. Eager to do their part for the greater good, Hedyi had no question about their loyalty, but rather at the lack of general experience. Facing the famed Iron Legions would be their baptism of fire.

El’ Kitamura surveyed the battlefield, mentally noting the position of possible enemy advances.

“Broadsides, come in.”

“Your orders, Shas’el?”

“Take up positions to the left, use the trees as cover, and engage enemy forces upon sighting. I trust your Advanced Stabilization Systems are in working order?

“Yes Shas’el, they are.”

“Very good. *Changes comm channel* Hideaki, Neji, take up positions beside the Broadside team. Far range attacks only please, we don’t want to replace those new fireknife suits so quickly.”

“Yes Shas’el, crisis team out.”

“Every other unit, take up positions beside me. DO NOT let yourselves be seen. Surprise is the key here. *Changes comm channel* Shas’ui Hedyi, come in.”

“Firewarrior squad at your command sir.”

“I trust that you are willing to give your lives to the greater good?”

“Without a doubt sir, but these Shas’las, they are but recruits, I fear that they might not be of much use for whatever you have planned for us.”

“I don’t have a choice Shas’ui, your squad is the troops I can assign for the forward scout. Position yourselves in front of the main army, and keep everyone spread out. Watch for enemy infiltrators, we do not have recon units for use. *Sighs* May the Tau’va protect you.”

Shas’Ui Hedyi crept cautiously, watching carefully for enemy movement. Using hand signal movements, he ordered to squad to stop and take up firing positions. An enemy unit was spotted! Raising their pulse rifles, each Shas’la drew a bead to the enemy, Gue’las with jet packs on them.

“FIRE! Cut them down in the name of the greater good!”

Pulse shots streaked across the battlefield, thudding against the assault marines. The thick amour of the assault marines however, proved their worth and soaked up the bolts, with only one gue’la dying.

“Oh my Tau’va! SPREAD OUT! INCOMING ORDNANCE! SPREAD DAMN IT!!”

‘Ui Hedyi screamed in vain as loudly as he could at the team, but being raw recruits, they stood, frozen in fear, as a huge blast enveloped the squad, killing three firewarriors outright. Hedyi cussed under his breath, and shouted again at the squad to take cover. Lascannon fire burst forth from elevated forests opposite the firewarrior team, killing one more.

The Shas’las were wimpering and cowering, mostly shellshocked by the enemy return fire. Hedyi knew he had to rally the squad.

“SHAS’LAS! DO NOT FEAR! *bolter shots whistling* TAU’VA PROTECTS!!! TAU’VA PROTECTS!!!!”

Yupon was pinned to the ground, lascannon shots splattering the ground around him. Four other Shas’las were grabbing their pulse rifles, ready for the break in enemy fire to return the favour. The two remaining firewarriors were still wimpering and cowering from the firestorm.

*Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmm.*

Amidst the bullets and lascannon shots thundering around Hedyi, he heard a comforting, familiar sound - a railgun charging up to full power. With a blast, the Broadside released a supersonic bullet blistering through the air, smashing into the gue’la tank, causing it to explode satisfyingly.

“XV8 Fireknife Hideaki ready.”

“XV8 Fireknife Neji ready.”

Both crisis suits nodded at each other, seemingly Tau-ish emotions appearing through the crimson red amour.

With a blast, the crisis suits jumped over the forest, and landed to the left of Shas’ui Hedyi and his firewarriors.

“Let it rip!”

‘Ui Hideaki and Neji both sprayed plasma fire into the gue’la squad, its thick, powerful beams searing though the armour the enemy wore. Missilepods were emptied as they streaked towards the same gue’las, annihilating every last one of them, as the firewarriors cheered and waved their pulse rifles.

Victory was only short lived however, as from the edge of another forest, a monstrous, diabolical creature appeared, with four giant crisis suit sized golems slamming into the ground via orbit around the bewildered Tau…

mithrandiur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 19:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 101st Ronin Recon Fluff, First Battle.

This should probably be in fluff/stories, good work though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote