Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Betweeners
Old 18 Mar 2007, 14:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default The Betweeners

I know that the Tau are only barely connected to the warp. They are 'practically' incorruptible by it's influence, though they can still feel the effects of it. There will likely never be such a thing as Chaos Tau, simply because of this fact and their rigidly structured society.

But what if a group of Tau were dragged through the warp by force, either as prisoners or some bizarre experiment, and the survivors emerged resistant to it's effects? Since they are able to safely transit between the two, the name Vash'la or Betweeners pops into my mind (that, and it sounds really cool).

Does anyone have any ideas on what would happen if the Tau became resistant, or developed an entirely new caste that was, to the effects of the warp?
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 15:04   #2 (permalink)
Xan
Shas'Saal

Default Re: The Betweeners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian_Alpha
Does anyone have any ideas on what would happen if the Tau became resistant, or developed an entirely new caste that was, to the effects of the warp?
C`tan could be intrested in such resistance. Creating new breed of necrons based on warp-resistant tau. Same way they are creating pariahs from humans with pariah gene.
an exceedingly small amount of redeemable features
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 15:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You know, that would be freaking awesome. They would look freaking bada** with tri-hinged hooved legs. Maybe provide support effects to other units. ;D
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Old 18 Mar 2007, 15:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

i think thats a little much- but i think all Tau would basically be this- they do get exposed to the warp, unprotected by a ships Geller field or Gravitic Sheath they would die- just like the rest of humanity/orks/and even those that say they serve chaos.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 15:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

But what if they could survive it? Even if it is only one out of every ten-thousand Tau that can survive it thanks to their separation from the warp's influence, what if they could?

Old 18 Mar 2007, 16:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

they are not seperated in the aspect that your thinking. No living being can survive an unprotected warp transition- not even craft that have a closer relationship to the warp.
Its not that i like shooting down new ideas, but i believe that in order to create a truely good idea you work with what your given.

The Tau are immune from the warp because those that use the warp cannot see them (easily) or cannot use them.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 18:30   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Tau aren't even truely immune from the Warp. As a race, they have no psykers. There's a difference. The Necrons and C'Tan have even less presence in the Warp than the Tau and, far from being immune, they consider the Warp their bane, as they have little to no defense against it (with the exception of corruption/possession).

Possesion of a Tau is nigh-impossible, because they don't have the psi potential to draw a Warp creature into the material universe, or the juice to sustain one for long even if they did. Just being unable to produce or sustain the effects doesn't make them immune, though.

Externally produced Warp effects (from beings with active psyker potential) will shred Tau just the same as any other race. Their lack of psykers for defense actually makes them more vulnerable in some ways to Warp effects than other races that can counter or defend against those attacks with their own abilities.

When actually in the Warp, where there is no need for external sources of energy (the entire univers is energy), Tau are only different from the other races in that they aren't quite as satisfying a meal for a daemon, which isn't much of a guarantee that they wouldn't become playthings and die horribly anyway.
Sabrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 18:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

*shrugs* Good enough for me. Just curious if there could even be the potential for a Psy-resistant Tau. But any suggestions on what could happen with Tau and the Warp? Since they can't be detected by it?

Old 18 Mar 2007, 18:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

actually that might not be the case-
It is never actually said whether the Necrontyr or the Old Ones had, or didn't have, a psychic impression. We know the Eldar and Krork did because the Old One's created them as weapons to channel the warp.

Other then that i am in agreement.

-as to Tau and the warp? its really as simple as that, they aren't easily detected and so their relaitonship with it is never going to evolve. "A blind man can be told that there are colors but he will never see them"
Old 18 Mar 2007, 21:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian_Alpha
C`tan could be intrested in such resistance. Creating new breed of necrons based on warp-resistant tau. Same way they are creating pariahs from humans with pariah gene.
No Taucrons!
First no Chaos Tau, then no Dark Tau. And now you don't want Taucrons?? I wouldn't mind a Gauss Flayer or Monolith next to my Rail Head...
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote