Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ever played a tau vs tau battle?
Closed Thread
Old 06 Feb 2005, 09:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Ever played a tau vs tau battle?

The diea occured to me as being quite amusing. Obviously you would never find this in the 40k world but has anyone ever been involved in a tau on tau battle, if so what tactics were used? I imagine battlesuits suddenly become close combat monsters versus fire warriors!
Old 06 Feb 2005, 12:51   #2 (permalink)
Jan
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Ever played a tau vs tau battle?

that will be actually fun... imagine... tau fire warroirs actually winning in combat!!
Old 06 Feb 2005, 14:41   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

A tau on tau battle would be quite boring because they will just shoot each other.

coun'bei
Old 06 Feb 2005, 14:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by coun'bei
A tau on tau battle would be quite boring because they will just shoot each other.

coun'bei
I'd have to agree.. it would either end up a shoot-out, with the winner being the lucky one. OR, it could be that the winner is the one with more Kroot... lol..

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Old 06 Feb 2005, 18:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

well if both sides has many mounted fire warrior teams i see comabt being a big part of a tau on tau battle. Becuase crisis and stealth suits are both fast then they could be employed as neat squads to scatter and finish off enemy units in combat...lol, ive always wanted to use my str 5, well armoured 3 attakcs on the charge battlesuits for combat ;D
Old 06 Feb 2005, 20:26   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I've actually played a few, when i was working at an independant retailer and TAU first came out it seemed as if every player was tau.

Just to be brief it tell you what plays a huge roll in these games, DICE. way more than normal, handfuls and handfuls are rolled, that and close combat. In one larger game I fielded 80 kroot just to swamp the opposition, worked wonders
Old 08 Feb 2005, 03:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thinking about it, a Tau vs Tau game could be quite a unique experience. The basis of Tau combat is that our wargear is fairly general; tactics (in my opinion) are much more important than the variety and style of wargear.

A Tau on Tau battle, while allowing for (gasp!) close-combat shouldn't really have that as a focus. (Unless you are using an 80-strong Kroot force, in which case... Well, knock yourself out!) ;D

Such an affair would only be as boring as the armies themselves; if an opponent goes for the static, "Stand and Deliver" raw firepower force, well... It might stretch a bit. On the other hand, if each side takes a good mix of units, firepower and mobile, then it becomes a much more interesting game, almost like a high-speed race of chess.

TvT offers the best chance to explore new tactics, refine ideas, and test what might work against what doesn't work. Mobility is the best weapon we have, and practicing it against someone who is just as mobile will show very quickly what is best for such a force, and what is not.

Plus, it's not often you can compare notes with your opponent and figure out new stretegems that would work best for both forces!
Old 08 Feb 2005, 04:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

its funny, depending on how they move its fairly easy to ruin a squad of fire warriors with one shot from a hammerhead mounted railgun... also Kroot are amazing if theres a forest to give them some cover (but they always are anyway)
Old 08 Feb 2005, 06:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

i playeed a tau VS tau battle once, it showed me how scary the HH mounted railgun can be
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 08 Feb 2005, 06:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to freeman

I suppose that any game that invloves the same race versing each other would be quite interesting.
Closed Thread