Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Which Army is Tau best at defeating?
View Poll Results: Which Army is Tau best at defeating?
Space Marines (specify chapter) 2 5.00%
Chaos (again be specific) 1 2.50%
Daemon Hunters 2 5.00%
Witchunters 0 0%
Tyranids 7 17.50%
Necrons 3 7.50%
Eldar (and which craftworld) 7 17.50%
Imperial Guard 6 15.00%
Orks 10 25.00%
Dark Eldar 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 06 Feb 2005, 08:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Which Army is Tau best at defeating?

Title sums this up prefectly, whcih army do you find you beat the easiest? For me it has to be eldar, we just outnumber most craftworld eldar (im talking biel tan, alitoch, iyaden and saim han here), pulse weaponry negates gaurdians saves, vypers armour isnt tough enough and basically i always find tau to have a distinct edge over them more often than not.
Old 06 Feb 2005, 11:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Aun Dolf
Default Re: Which Army is Tau best at defeating?

Any eldar except Alaitoc. Their cover saves really gives a standard Tau army without that many markerlights a tough fight. Not to speak of the dreadful disruption table!
Old 06 Feb 2005, 18:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

To Aun Dolf - strange you say alitoch because my friend has changed form alitoch to biel tan eldar especailly to try and beat me. I dunno if his armyu was typical alitoch one but it seemed to be packed with rangers and pathfinders to me. The disruption talbe always meant my broadsides started in reserve but to be honest i found that because rangers and pathfindetrs cost so much per model my FW's could stay static and out gun them from range, that left all my other big weapons to take out both wraithlords, the avatar, falcon and wave serpent... :P
Old 06 Feb 2005, 18:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Aun Dolf

Maybe my Alaitoc opponent is too good, not the army. He would never put my broadsides in reserve though - he use to take away my fire warriors and stealth suits. He always manages to get a 3+ cover save and that is really something. He then has two infiltrating units of scorpions to take care of what is not in reserve.
Old 06 Feb 2005, 18:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

hmm, yes our oppoennts do play in very different styles, my opponent insists on playing with virtually no cover and has a sheer brute fire power army led by two wraithlords, at least he did but when he played me he realised the way to beat tau inst to challenge them to a firefight ;D
Old 06 Feb 2005, 20:04   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I've rolled over most (if not all) Smurf armies i've faced.

And yeah, eldar just don't have it to match Tau in a firefight.
Old 06 Feb 2005, 20:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Crap! I thought it was which army defeats Tau the best! Well, Necrons are Taus toughest foes, but I would say Orks are easiest for Tau.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 06 Feb 2005, 20:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

lol, i was wondering why necrons had two votes already ;D myself ive never played orks before but massed fire warriors would seem to me to be a major problme for them instantly....speed freaks may take a little more stopping, but even then pulse weaponry is strong enough to destroy their transports....a nicely customized anti ork army ( many FW's, stealths, crisis with MP's) would absolutly own it though ;D
Old 06 Feb 2005, 20:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I agree.

In my experience Tau can easily defeat regular Orks (this correlates with the fluff as well).

The high strength of the Tau's basic weapon counters the Ork strength of havinga high basic toughness.

The Orks also have few fast units that can catch a mobile Tau army. Those Ork units that are fast are often very lightly armoured (such as truks) which most tau weapons can deal with.

Old 06 Feb 2005, 21:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

Tyranids. Any victory over the Tyranids by tau is extremely one-sided, mowing down the bugs beofre they get into combat, the short ranged firepower of the bugs being outclassed by the long range guns of the Tau. If they're gonna win, they're gonna win good.

On the other hand, any Tau loss to the bugs is similarly one-sided, the Guant's getting into combat on turn two after incessant 1's for shooting, and just ripping through the enemy.

Closed Thread