Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Why use human aux?
Old 09 Mar 2007, 14:17   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Why use human aux?

Hello everybody!

I was just wondering why anyone would use gue`vesa in a tau force? It seems to me as they are nothing more than really bad guardsmen with flashlights. I could possibly see a reason if they had access to pulserifles or something, but they can only take one in each unit right? So, why would anyone use them, and for what?

//Orphanmaker
Orphanmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 14:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Why use human aux?

An extremely cheap source of markerlights. Also forcing target priority checks for the more expensive units.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 14:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Fluffy army (along with Kroot and Vespids), everybody working together for the Greater Good.
Old 09 Mar 2007, 15:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Gosh, three posters in a row with no avatar... I thought I was on the GW boards for a minute :P.

Gue'Vesa can take up to two (three?) pulse weapons, but they have two very effective uses: cheap markerlighting, and EMP-grenedier suicide troops.

In either case, they are an unobtrusive unit that can make a great contribution while your opponent ignores them. Against overzealous Imperial players, though, the human auxileries can get endless torrents of fire poured into them while your opponent ignores your more dangerous units - a clear win/win situation.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 16:11   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

They are also a very fun modeling project. Given how many official units come pre-packaged these days, Gue'Vesa remain one of the few that are largely unique between armies.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 16:22   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

theyre kinda like the shooty version of kroot. cheap meat wall. which has a bit more technology to add for the marker lighting.

Btw, what does non-avatar posters have anything to do with it? :huh:
Arcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 16:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcon
theyre kinda like the shooty version of kroot. cheap meat wall. which has a bit more technology to add for the marker lighting.

Markerlight aside, Kroot can outshoot Gue'Vesa by far. Point-for-point, they probably do a better job than most basic infantry.

As for avatars, it's simply uncommon on TO to find that many adjacent posts by users without one. Ever heard of going off on a tangent?
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 16:37   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcon

Markerlight aside, Kroot can outshoot Gue'Vesa by far. Point-for-point, they probably do a better job than most basic infantry.

As for avatars, it's simply uncommon on TO to find that many adjacent posts by users without one. Ever heard of going off on a tangent?
touche.
Arcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 16:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

This is all theory, but assuming Gue'vesa are troops, I would either use them for extra lights and EMP vehicle chargers. The EMP and low-cost, low-priority would make them pefect suicide-troops. I they wouldn't have to do much to off-set their cost IMO, just have a group of about 10 with EMP(his comes to an even 100,assuming they cost 10pts. each with EMP). Using the Tau vehicles, the cheapest(non-piranha) vehicle would be a Devilfish. You charge it, and about 2 will hit. those two have a 50/35/15(rounding for ease) of miss/glance/pen. And about 20 percent of the time a EMP will destroy the vehicle(2/6glancing, 4/6penitrating) Since the vihicle is likel to be about 120-200(Firewarriors inside included), if you bust a DF, they lose the DF and about 4/9 FW: about 130pts and your squad will likely die afterwards, about 100, gaining you 30 pts. difference. Not to mention the destructive power double-tapped weapons can do.

I probably made some math/grammatical mistakes as I am using a bad keyboard and do not have my codex/BBB with me, but I'll go over it when I get home.

It is a shame they don't get a transport though, it wold make getting them there easier...But as is, they give a troop-based, expendible unit capable of destroying any vehicle.
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2007, 01:51   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hold the phone!

You are telling me that I can put markerlights on human aux? Then I definatly see the use for them. Where can I find the rules for gue´vesa? Anybody have a link?

//Orphanmaker
Orphanmaker is offline   Reply With Quote