Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Are tau "cheap"? yes or no
Old 09 Mar 2007, 02:53   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Are tau "cheap"? yes or no

my friend says their cheap, because what they lack in melee they make up in firepower. Is he right?I really dont agree, but what do you think? ???

You know our world is screwed, the sun is exploding, the ozon layer melting, a huge meteor on its way to kill us, and we just want to blow ourselves up............yup I think were ****ed.........
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 03:14   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Are tau "cheap"? yes or no

no way... my friend says the same thing because his tyrnids get shot by my army. IMO theyre one of the better balanced armies, with the exception of kroot which are insanely good for the points despite having no save.
George Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 03:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Your friend is a whiner. Come on, they're cheap because they're good at one thing and suck at another? What kind of logic is that?

If that's the case then I'm crying "imbal" whenever the bad guy kills one of my guys, because that just doesn't feel fair and balanced in my opinion.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 03:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'd actually think that the Tau's extreme weakness in melee would make them anything but cheap.

But that's just me. I'm not a Tau player.
SmellTheAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 03:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellTheAshes
I'd actually think that the Tau's extreme weakness in melee would make them anything but cheap.

But that's just me. I'm not a Tau player.
Exactly. That's why they have such great firepower, to make up for it. Personally I don't wanna meet the guy that thinks that's "cheap", because he's apparently expecting everyone to roll over for him. ;D

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 03:45   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I wouldn't say so. Your friend is probably just whining.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 03:52   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah... I think my friend is more referring to the sheer amount of firepower tau can dish out per turn. By no means are the tyranids the toughest army against shooting, and I've pointed this out to him, but enough of that. Also, the level of cheapness in an army depends on the list, which you can really do with any army. I guess i would conclude any army could be cheap if played right (or wrong might be more appropriate) with certain choices.
George Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 09:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

when most people call tau cheap or cheesy or whatever they are usually saying "oh no! your well thought out list beats my generic assault force! therefore its cheap!" :
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 10:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

They are no more cheap then any other race.

Every race can be called cheap, your frined just seems to be a sore loser. I thought the same thing about Necrons, but I realised that 1 formation of an army cant beat every army. My Mech list which desimates my friends Tau, would die whne up against Necrons, because they do not suit the scale of necrons, and so forth.

What your friend needs to do is go to a torny and see some people beat Tau and look at their lists and then the people they beats lists. Then he will start to see how things can be used and so on.

Also, Warhammer is a largly luck based game. Ive lost an entire game becasue of dice rolls, I followed the tactics and everythign, and my friend didnt do anythign out of the normal, but because I got bad dice rolls I lost. Thats the nature of the game, and yes I think Warhammer should be less luck based, it works as is because your enemy has as much chance as you to get bad luck.
Old 09 Mar 2007, 13:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

Like most of the other people, not really. You need to be careful, and know when to run away. And if your friend doesn't want to get shot, he can always hide behind terrain or the like(and 36" from your skimmers that fire as fast vehicles.).
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote